    Any views appreciated.
    Jim.

    ---

    angler, Jan 10, 2004

  2. angler

    HRosita Guest

    HRosita, Jan 10, 2004

  3. angler

    angler Guest

    Thanks for that Rosita. I will delve into that tonight.
    Cheers. Jim.
    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > You can download a trial version from
    > http://www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/features.jhtml
    > and check it out.
    >
    > Roxio is giving rebates both for downloaded versions and boxed versions.
    > Rosita

    ---

    angler, Jan 10, 2004
  4. angler

    Tom Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > You can download a trial version from
    > http://www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/features.jhtml
    > and check it out.
    >
    > Roxio is giving rebates both for downloaded versions and boxed versions.
    > Rosita
    >
    > After trying the free download, I made the purchase but you'll find that

    PhotoSuite 4 and PhotoSuite 5 are really two different concepts. 5 won't do
    everything that 4 will do and vice versa. I find that I use both programs.
    Sometimes on the same image. But mostly 5 as it is more automatic. It will
    let you clone, nicely, but if you want to colorize a b/w photo, you have to
    use 4. 5 will only let you tint the whole image to preset tints and not
    colorize a particular part of the image. Or as an example, I wanted to make
    a person's teeth a little whiter...you can't do that in 5...switched to 4
    for that part of the project.
    Tom.

    Tom, Jan 10, 2004
  5. angler

    angler Guest

    Thank you Tom. That sort of information is helpful to me. I'm going into
    Roxio now to look for the download.
    Cheers. Jim.
    "Tom" <> wrote in message

    > "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > You can download a trial version from
    > > http://www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/features.jhtml
    > > and check it out.
    > >
    > > Roxio is giving rebates both for downloaded versions and boxed versions.
    > > Rosita
    > >
    > > After trying the free download, I made the purchase but you'll find that

    > PhotoSuite 4 and PhotoSuite 5 are really two different concepts. 5 won't

    do
    > everything that 4 will do and vice versa. I find that I use both

    programs.
    > Sometimes on the same image. But mostly 5 as it is more automatic. It

    will
    > let you clone, nicely, but if you want to colorize a b/w photo, you have

    > use 4. 5 will only let you tint the whole image to preset tints and not
    > colorize a particular part of the image. Or as an example, I wanted to

    make
    > a person's teeth a little whiter...you can't do that in 5...switched to 4
    > for that part of the project.
    > Tom.

    ---

    angler, Jan 10, 2004
  6. angler

    angler Guest

    Hello Tom,
    I replied to your mail last night and although it appears in my sent box, it
    doesn't seem to be in the news group list. Sorry if someone else got this
    mail.
    I downloaded the free trial version and tried it out. Can't make my mind up
    whether it is that much better than version 4 or not.
    I will have a few more sessions with it before deciding to buy.
    Thanks again for the information.
    Regards.
    Jim.

    "Tom" <> wrote in message

    > "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > You can download a trial version from
    > > http://www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/features.jhtml
    > > and check it out.
    > >
    > > Roxio is giving rebates both for downloaded versions and boxed versions.
    > > Rosita
    > >
    > > After trying the free download, I made the purchase but you'll find that

    > PhotoSuite 4 and PhotoSuite 5 are really two different concepts. 5 won't

    do
    > everything that 4 will do and vice versa. I find that I use both

    programs.
    > Sometimes on the same image. But mostly 5 as it is more automatic. It

    will
    > let you clone, nicely, but if you want to colorize a b/w photo, you have

    > use 4. 5 will only let you tint the whole image to preset tints and not
    > colorize a particular part of the image. Or as an example, I wanted to

    make
    > a person's teeth a little whiter...you can't do that in 5...switched to 4
    > for that part of the project.
    > Tom.

    ---

    angler, Jan 11, 2004
  7. angler

    Tom Guest

    "angler" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Tom,
    > I replied to your mail last night and although it appears in my sent box,

    it
    > doesn't seem to be in the news group list. Sorry if someone else got this
    > mail.
    > I downloaded the free trial version and tried it out. Can't make my mind

    up
    > whether it is that much better than version 4 or not.
    > I will have a few more sessions with it before deciding to buy.
    > Thanks again for the information.
    > Regards.
    > Jim.

    I did see your post...Try the "cutout" function in 5. You can cut out an
    object or person and put it back in front of another scene flawlessly...I
    was never able to figure it out in 4. Also when you "crop", you can go back
    into "transform" and resize, making the file as large as the original was
    before cropping out part of it, but keeping the cropped aspect ratio. I do
    find that when you use the auto settings for "exposure", "sharpness", etc.
    you sometimes will get too much but you can then use the slider controls to
    bring it back down in the right areas. If you go to Roxio's website, they
    have a forum section for people discussing PhotoSuite 5.
    Also 5 will let you put together VCD files to watch on a DVD player...4
    wouldn't do that. You can work from the individual images and put one show
    on the VCD or put together slide shows first and then put the whole slide
    shows on the VCD letting you put more than one slide show on the VCD. Works
    great for sending slide shows by mail to friends. They can watch them on
    their computer or their DVD player.
    Tom.

    Tom, Jan 11, 2004
  8. angler

    angler Guest

    I'm still experimenting with it. Like you said in your first post, there are
    some thing that were better in version 4 so I will keep both versions on and
    mix the two when necessary
    Thank you for your support. Now to find the cheapest. The Roxio sale offers
    only apply to the US market and it is full price in the UK.
    Have a good year.
    Regards. Jim.

    > I did see your post...Try the "cutout" function in 5. You can cut out an
    > object or person and put it back in front of another scene flawlessly...I
    > was never able to figure it out in 4. Also when you "crop", you can go

    back
    > into "transform" and resize, making the file as large as the original was
    > before cropping out part of it, but keeping the cropped aspect ratio. I

    do
    > find that when you use the auto settings for "exposure", "sharpness", etc.
    > you sometimes will get too much but you can then use the slider controls

    > bring it back down in the right areas. If you go to Roxio's website, they
    > have a forum section for people discussing PhotoSuite 5.
    > Also 5 will let you put together VCD files to watch on a DVD player...4
    > wouldn't do that. You can work from the individual images and put one

    show
    > on the VCD or put together slide shows first and then put the whole slide
    > shows on the VCD letting you put more than one slide show on the VCD.

    Works
    > great for sending slide shows by mail to friends. They can watch them on
    > their computer or their DVD player.
    > Tom.

    ---

    angler, Jan 12, 2004