  1. Hi, I'm running Windows Vista x64 which does not have any drivers for my HP
    Photosmart 8450. My wife's Vista 32-bit Edition works great. Are there and
    drivers I can use for my 64-bit Edition?
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=, Apr 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Jerome:
    Refer to
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...212&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=402150&lang=en,
    for driver installation, which indicates that the drivers for that printer
    are included on the Vista disk. The HP Photosmart 8400 series is listed on
    the Vista DVD. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
    Dennis Pack, Apr 25, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    the drivers for this are "in the box". how is the printer attached?
    local? to your wife's computer? ethernet on the network? you would
    need to select networked printer, etc. if not local.

    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:16:09 -0700, Jerome
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, I'm running Windows Vista x64 which does not have any drivers for my HP
    >Photosmart 8450. My wife's Vista 32-bit Edition works great. Are there and
    >drivers I can use for my 64-bit Edition?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    Barb Bowman, Apr 25, 2007
  4. I have it hooked up via BlueTooth. I've also tried USB. When prompted to
    search for the drivers I've tried having search both the DVD and my hard
    drive (both checking subdirectories) to no avail. I've got an OEM version of
    Home Premium. Does that matter much?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=, Apr 27, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Mine is hooked up via Ethernet. I used the Add Printer wizard and it
    found the "8400 series" easily. However, here are the instructions
    for USB:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...212&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=402150&lang=en

    HP has stated that some advanced functions are not available and
    won't be adding them. I've not found anything that I need to do that
    isn't supported (yet).

    Barb Bowman, Apr 27, 2007
  6. Well, when I get to the 10th step (Selecting "HP" as the manufacturer) I have
    a window that states "Unable to find drivers for this device"

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=, Apr 27, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmVyb21l?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    see what happens if you select a 990C - ? same thing? don't install
    the driver, just wondering if it finds a driver.

    Barb Bowman, Apr 27, 2007