Photosmart 7760 VS Photosmart 7660 VS Deskjet 5652

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by slash, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. slash

    slash Guest

    Hello!
    I have an HP Deskjet 6122 printer and the photos quaility is quite
    good. The only problemis that can't print A4 without borders.
    So, I considered to change printer and as I bought adigital camera
    recently I thought about an HP Photosmart.
    As I can see, considering what I can afford, I'm thinking about
    Photosmart 7760. But I have some questions about this subject:
    1º Is this 7760 diferent of 7660, considering the printing quality
    (then 7760 is fater than 7660, 12 to 19 ppm, but the printing
    resolution is the same, I think!)
    2º Is it different the printing quality of a deskjet to a phototsmart,
    considering that the resolution is the same, I know that a deskjet is
    8 mb cache and a photosmart is 16 mb, I meanm, faster... But I'm more
    consecerning about the qulaity and the time that the photo will
    mantain instact wit time....Like I can see, the Deskjet 5652 is 21ppm
    like 7760 Photosmart.
    The 5652 comes with full duplex module, and Photosmart doesnt!
    What about the inks consume? I 've seen that Photosmart has more inks
    to use and are less expensive but little also! So, will it be economic
    to print all witlla photosmart, compared witha Deskjet 5652?
    So my final question is "what is the difference about Photosmart 7760
    and Deskjet 5652. Quality?

    Love, Andrea

    slash, Nov 19, 2003

  2. slash

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    I have the 7660 and I think for the money, it's a good little printer. I
    don't know much about the 7760, or the 7960 aside from what I've read. The
    7660 cost me $149, and that's the major reason I moved over to it, the
    Photosmart technology for such a price. You can't beat that technology. It
    blows Epson out of the water. So what if you have to print a contact sheet
    to print from your memory card. I'm used to it. I don't need an led to
    select, I can do it just as well from a contact sheet. I like the speed of
    the 7660. I've used Epsons since the dot matrix days, as I've said before
    in this newsgroups, and I still think the new HPs blow them out of the
    water, by a longshot.

    Harry

    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto:

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 19, 2003

  3. slash

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    slash wrote:

    > As I can see, considering what I can afford, I'm thinking about
    > Photosmart 7760. But I have some questions about this subject:
    > 1º Is this 7760 diferent of 7660, considering the printing quality
    > (then 7760 is fater than 7660, 12 to 19 ppm, but the printing
    > resolution is the same, I think!)

    AFAIK the only difference between the 7760 and the 7660 is
    that the former includes a 2.5" LCD screen and the latter doesn't.

    > 2º Is it different the printing quality of a deskjet to a phototsmart,
    > considering that the resolution is the same

    A LOT different. The Photosmarts use a completely different
    technology called "thermal inkjet" which produce awesome
    photographic results, but in order to get the best out of these
    printers, you DO need to use HP Photosmart paper.

    > So my final question is "what is the difference about Photosmart 7760
    > and Deskjet 5652. Quality?

    The Photosmart is a photo printer, the Deskjet is an office printer.
    I believe the difference is pretty obvious.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 21, 2003