    than one finds at this photosharing community. I'm sure I take my share of
    lousy photos too, but I don't put them online to make everyone else suffer.

    Doug
    Doug Robbins, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Doug Robbins

    Eric Miller Guest

    "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    news:45b4e696$0$4895$...
    > On a friends suggestion I took a look at www.photosig.com . Honestly I've
    > seldom seen so much bad photography concentrated in one spot before. I
    > think the photo techs at Wal-Mart see a better percentage of good photos
    > than one finds at this photosharing community. I'm sure I take my share
    > of lousy photos too, but I don't put them online to make everyone else
    > suffer.
    >
    > Doug

    And there is a point to your comment?

    Did you see any good images there? What were your expectations of a critique
    site like Photosig, that everyone share your tastes? Did you post some of
    your own images for critique?

    Eric Miller

    It has removed 2285 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!
    Eric Miller, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Doug Robbins

    AustinMN Guest

    Doug Robbins wrote:
    > On a friends suggestion I took a look at www.photosig.com . Honestly I've
    > seldom seen so much bad photography concentrated in one spot before. I
    > think the photo techs at Wal-Mart see a better percentage of good photos
    > than one finds at this photosharing community. I'm sure I take my share of
    > lousy photos too, but I don't put them online to make everyone else suffer.

    The purpose of photosig is commentary/critique on photographs. If
    enough people find your critiques "helpful" you get to post more of
    your own photos.

    I participated for a while, but since I like to post positive comments
    that go beyond "cool photo", I found it too much work to find images
    that were worth the bother.

    Austin
    AustinMN, Jan 22, 2007
  4. Doug Robbins

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    It gets even worse on the internet! Some people post bad photos so bored
    people can seek out and find them to be offended. Some just post stupid
    comments for others to read. Pick your poison.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jan 22, 2007
  5. Doug Robbins

    Matt Ion Guest

    Doug Robbins wrote:
    > On a friends suggestion I took a look at www.photosig.com . Honestly I've
    > seldom seen so much bad photography concentrated in one spot before. I
    > think the photo techs at Wal-Mart see a better percentage of good photos
    > than one finds at this photosharing community. I'm sure I take my share of
    > lousy photos too, but I don't put them online to make everyone else suffer.

    PhotoSIG isn't a "photo sharing community", it's a "photo critiquing community".
    It's not intended to be your personal photo gallery, it's intended for getting
    critiques of your photos, suggestions and advice for improving them, and
    presumably learning from that advice.

    But I guess you figure all your work is perfect already, so you'd have no use
    for the input of others...
    Matt Ion, Jan 22, 2007
  6. Doug Robbins

    Doug Robbins Guest

    No, if you bothered to read my post, I acknowledged I take some bad photos.
    The critiques on photosig are as bad as the photographs. I find the whole
    website a waste of bandwidth and won't be returning.

    By the way, you took this personally and felt the need to make a comment
    about my photography, about which you know nothing.

    Doug Robbins, Jan 22, 2007
  7. Doug Robbins

    Doug Robbins Guest

    "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message
    > It gets even worse on the internet! Some people post bad photos so bored
    > people can seek out and find them to be offended. Some just post stupid
    > comments for others to read. Pick your poison.

    And others make stupid responses.
    Doug Robbins, Jan 22, 2007
  8. Doug Robbins

    AustinMN Guest

    Doug Robbins wrote:
    > No, if you bothered to read my post, I acknowledged I take some bad photos.
    > The critiques on photosig are as bad as the photographs. I find the whole
    > website a waste of bandwidth and won't be returning.

    None of us care.

    > By the way, you took this personally and felt the need to make a comment
    > about my photography, about which you know nothing.

    You post a negative opinion, and complain because some poeple disagree
    with you. Sounds like a troll-wanabee to me. I see nothing in the
    post you responded to that suggests he took your post personally.

    Austin
    AustinMN, Jan 23, 2007
  9. Doug Robbins

    Matt Ion Guest

    AustinMN wrote:
    > Doug Robbins wrote:
    >
    >>No, if you bothered to read my post, I acknowledged I take some bad photos.
    >>The critiques on photosig are as bad as the photographs. I find the whole
    >>website a waste of bandwidth and won't be returning.

    > None of us care.
    >

    >>By the way, you took this personally and felt the need to make a comment
    >>about my photography, about which you know nothing.

    > You post a negative opinion, and complain because some poeple disagree
    > with you. Sounds like a troll-wanabee to me. I see nothing in the
    > post you responded to that suggests he took your post personally.

    It wasn't actually a comment about his photography anyway... it was a comment
    about his arrogance.
    Matt Ion, Jan 23, 2007