    M Barnes Guest

    Been down for two days. No email response.
    Anyone know if they're kaput?

    M Barnes, Jun 12, 2004

  2. M Barnes

    Guy Scharf Guest

    "M Barnes" <> wrote:

    > Been down for two days. No email response.
    > Anyone know if they're kaput?

    The server is still present and accepts the HTTP connection. It just
    never serves any pages.

    I understand the owner got married yesterday. I suspect no one is
    minding the store. I'll give a few days to see if it comes back to
    life.

    Guy

    Guy Scharf, Jun 12, 2004

  3. M Barnes

    M Barnes Guest

    Guy Scharf wrote:

    > I understand the owner got married yesterday.
    > I suspect no one is minding the store. I'll give
    > a few days to see if it comes back to life.

    Mazel tov! Nevermind.

    M Barnes, Jun 13, 2004
  4. HTTP error 503...
    10.5.4 503 Service Unavailable

    The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary
    overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a
    temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the
    length of the delay MAY be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no
    Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for
    a 500 response.

    Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a
    server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish
    to simply refuse the connection.

    Cite: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

    Means the server or site is broken, with the owner away he probably can't
    fix it at this time. I note his ArtSig.com is up.

    Darrell Larose, Jun 13, 2004