    middle of a job. It is the same way with the wacom pad or the regular
    mouse. I have tried working on several types of files. Even reloded
    Photoshop, Hope some one has an idea to try. Thank you Larry
    vikinartist, Jan 29, 2005

  2. vikinartist

    Bob Williams Guest

    > You can pick a brush click on the pickup point but it will not do any
    > thing on the image.

    I trust you have not forgotten that you must ALT Click on the pickup
    point to make something happen.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Bob Williams <> wrote:

    : > You can pick a brush click on the pickup point but it will not do any
    : > thing on the image.

    : I trust you have not forgotten that you must ALT Click on the pickup
    : point to make something happen.
    : Bob Williams

    One thing about PS that has caught me a few times. If you have multiple
    layers and you try to pick something up (such as a color with the
    eyedropper) and you have the wrong layer selected, you either get nothing
    or the color at that location on the selected lower layer. I would suspect
    that this would also happen with a texture brush. Also if a portion of the
    layer is selected (the rest is "masked off") and you try to pick up a
    texture from the masked area, you get nothing. So you may want to deselect
    the entire picture (and make sure the correct layer is selected) and try
    again.

    Just a thought.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum (a newby to this group, but not to d-photography)
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Jan 29, 2005
  4. vikinartist

    Guest

    Try deleting and reinstalling.

    Denis Boisclair
    Cheshire, England
    , Jan 29, 2005
  5. vikinartist

    vikinartist Guest

    It is this way with no layer open. Also Use the alt key to pick up the
    point for the clone stamp. I guess I will just try untalling and
    reinstalling. I rember it started when I scanned a picture to retouch.
    Have just went to XP in the last few weeks, may have something to do
    with that. Thanks to every one for your help, Larry
    vikinartist, Jan 29, 2005
  6. vikinartist

    Ronald Hands Guest

    vikinartist wrote:

    > It is this way with no layer open. Also Use the alt key to pick up the
    > point for the clone stamp. I guess I will just try untalling and
    > reinstalling.

    The usual recommended remedy for weird behavior in Photoshop Elements
    is to delete the Preferences. This is done by holding down the
    CTRL/ALT/SHIFT keys simultaneously while starting the program. If you
    did it correctly, you should get a message asking if you want to delete
    settings. Answer yes and things should return to normal.
    Maybe the same thing works for the full version of Photoshop.

    -- Ron
    Ronald Hands, Jan 29, 2005
  7. vikinartist

    vikinartist Guest

    I deleated photoshop and reloaded, still will not work. Tried deleating
    settings, still wont work. I have photoshop elements on this same
    computer, mouse and pad works like it shoule in it. I feel sure it is
    not equipment. I have been useing this program for about three years
    with out ant trouble. Have changed to XP in the last month. Thanks
    again for your help. I feel dumb as a brick about this. Larry
    vikinartist, Jan 30, 2005
  8. vikinartist

    Guest

    I've been having the same problem. My copy is PhotoShop 7.0.1 that was
    upgraded from 6.0 on Windows XP with 512 MGs.

    I installed about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine until this week.
    I load an image into 7 and try to draw, erase, or brush on the image.
    Nothing. But, the history records the action. I can also block erase,
    but I can't brush or pencil erase. (Yea.. brush size is big enough and
    opacity 100%.) Also, I can lasso a section and cut it out revealing the
    background. You shouldn't be able to do this on a locked layer right?
    That means it's not locked.

    Get this. A few hours ago I tried loading this test image again and for
    a short time it worked in 7.0.1. I rebooted the machine, tested again
    and it stopped working.

    I take the same image and load it into PhotoShop 6.0 and
    erase/pencil/brush work every time.

    I've deleted the prefs with SHIFT-ALT-DEL and it still does it. At the
    moment, I don't have the original discs to reinstall so I can't
    delete/reinstall.

    Has anyone else having this problem? This is driving me insane.
    , Feb 13, 2005
  9. vikinartist

    Googlenator Guest

    Well. I found the source of my problem, not sure if it's the same
    problem vikinartist had.

    Apparently, there's a bug in my WACOM driver. It's pretty wierd. I have
    a Graphire 1 tablet that includes a mouse. When the mouse is on the
    tablet, the pencil, brush, eraser, blur, dodge, clone tools do not
    work. I take the mouse off and use the pen. They work. Also, when I
    plugged in a second regular optical mouse (keeping the WACOM plugged
    in) I get the same results.

    WACOM mouse on tablet, optical mouse does not draw.
    WACOM mouse off tablet, optical mouse draws.

    And. If I do the mouse-on/mouse-off's in a special order, I can get the
    WACOM mouse to work.

    Wierd huh?
    Googlenator, Feb 13, 2005