    the back ,looks like there is another person there ?.

    possible to get rid of them , seems like cloning would be tedious and
    take forever ,got to be an easier way ?.

    IRISH GENE, Aug 10, 2005

  2. IRISH GENE

    Mark² Guest

    "IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > any tips on how to get rid of shadow in a large group (50- 60 in
    > picture) shot in photoshop cs ?
    >
    > took a picture of co workers at a work aniversary party used 2 strobe
    > lights to light them up and got way bad shadows close to the persons in
    > the back ,looks like there is another person there ?.
    >
    > possible to get rid of them , seems like cloning would be tedious and
    > take forever ,got to be an easier way ?.

    How about posting the shot?

    Mark², Aug 10, 2005

  3. IRISH GENE

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:25:49 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >"IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message
    >> any tips on how to get rid of shadow in a large group (50- 60 in
    >> picture) shot in photoshop cs ?
    >>
    >> took a picture of co workers at a work aniversary party used 2 strobe
    >> lights to light them up and got way bad shadows close to the persons in
    >> the back ,looks like there is another person there ?.
    >>
    >> possible to get rid of them , seems like cloning would be tedious and
    >> take forever ,got to be an easier way ?.

    >How about posting the shot?

    Nah, it won't help. The shadows will post along with it.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, Aug 10, 2005
  4. IRISH GENE

    Mark² Guest

    "Owamanga" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:25:49 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >>"IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message
    >>> any tips on how to get rid of shadow in a large group (50- 60 in
    >>> picture) shot in photoshop cs ?
    >>>
    >>> took a picture of co workers at a work aniversary party used 2 strobe
    >>> lights to light them up and got way bad shadows close to the persons in
    >>> the back ,looks like there is another person there ?.
    >>>
    >>> possible to get rid of them , seems like cloning would be tedious and
    >>> take forever ,got to be an easier way ?.

    >>How about posting the shot?

    > Nah, it won't help. The shadows will post along with it.

    Ha ha.

    Mark², Aug 10, 2005
  5. IRISH GENE

    Frank ess Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "Owamanga" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:25:49 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    >> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message

    >>> How about posting the shot?

    >> Nah, it won't help. The shadows will post along with it.

    > Ha ha.

    He's right, though.

    It seems to me that the circumstances allow but two solutions: buckle
    down and do the tedious, or hire it done. No Magick, this time, I
    fear.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Aug 10, 2005
  6. IRISH GENE

    IRISH GENE Guest

    IRISH GENE, Aug 10, 2005
  7. IRISH GENE

    Mark² Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> "Owamanga" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nah, it won't help. The shadows will post along with it.

    >> Ha ha.

    > He's right, though.
    >
    > It seems to me that the circumstances allow but two solutions: buckle down
    > and do the tedious, or hire it done. No Magick, this time, I fear.

    Sure, but much of this depends on what the OP considers "way bad shadows."
    If they have detail, much of it might be significantly improved with a
    simple step in photoshop.
    I agree that doing it right to begin with is best, but that's simply not
    possible for a past event. His only option is to work with what he already
    shot...which is why I'd like to see it.

    Mark², Aug 11, 2005
  8. IRISH GENE

    Mark² Guest

    "IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message
    > http://public.fotki.com/IRISHGENE/shadows/crw_5566flowres.html#
    >
    > thanks for the replys , don't thikn there is an easy way around it ?
    >
    > gene

    Ah.
    You made a classic mistake:
    -That of thinking everyone should line up against a wall which is directly
    behind them.
    I see people do this all the time, and it's usually a bad idea.

    Far better is to have significant distance behind them, for several reasons
    (background blur, no shadows, emphasis on people, etc.)

    You're right...that's a tough one to fix without a lot of fiddling.

    Are you sure those aren't ghosts?
    :)

    Mark², Aug 11, 2005
  9. IRISH GENE

    IRISH GENE Guest

    >Ah.
    You made a classic mistake:
    -That of thinking everyone should line up against a wall which is
    directly
    behind them.
    I see people do this all the time, and it's usually a bad idea. >

    i didn't have a choice that was the best possible scenerio , i had to
    be able to get everyone in the picture and be able to crop it to 16 x
    20 .
    there were machines behind me and they moved carts to make room for the
    people .
    i would have been better off to point the lights more towards the
    flooor than right on the people, like i did .
    > Far better is to have significant distance behind them, for several

    reasons
    (background blur, no shadows, emphasis on people, etc.) >
    agreed

    >You're right...that's a tough one to fix without a lot of fiddling. >

    UGH !
    any takers for a fee (free is good to , ill pay it forword )if i send
    the raw files on disc ?

    >Are you sure those aren't ghosts? >

    lol im calling ghost busters now !

    IRISH GENE, Aug 11, 2005
  10. IRISH GENE

    Mike Warren Guest

    IRISH GENE wrote:
    > any takers for a fee (free is good to , ill pay it forword )if i send
    > the raw files on disc ?

    Email it to me and I'll have a play with it for fun.

    -Mike
    PS. Remove the obvious spam trap from my email.

    Mike Warren, Aug 11, 2005
  11. IRISH GENE

    Mark² Guest

    "IRISH GENE" <> wrote in message
    > >Ah.

    > You made a classic mistake:
    > -That of thinking everyone should line up against a wall which is
    > directly
    > behind them.
    > I see people do this all the time, and it's usually a bad idea. >
    >
    > i didn't have a choice that was the best possible scenerio , i had to
    > be able to get everyone in the picture and be able to crop it to 16 x
    > 20 .
    > there were machines behind me and they moved carts to make room for the
    > people .
    > i would have been better off to point the lights more towards the
    > flooor than right on the people, like i did .
    > > Far better is to have significant distance behind them, for several

    > reasons
    > (background blur, no shadows, emphasis on people, etc.) >
    > agreed
    >
    >>You're right...that's a tough one to fix without a lot of fiddling. >

    > UGH !
    > any takers for a fee (free is good to , ill pay it forword )if i send
    > the raw files on disc ?

    I'll have a go if you want to send the RAW file...
    Note the missing number in my e-mail...

    Mark², Aug 11, 2005