    one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the current
    version of Photoshop elements?

    TIA
    StuartB54, Dec 22, 2003

  2. StuartB54

    Don Coon Guest

    "StuartB54" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I recently purchased a Canon camera that came with Photoshop LE v.5. Can

    any
    > one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the

    current
    > version of Photoshop elements?

    No comparison. PS LE is nice but lacks one very important yet critical
    function --- UNDO levels. I went from LE to Elements and initially
    complained about the lack of the Curves tool. After I figured out how to
    use Levels to do most of what Curves does, I found Elements to be the much
    better product.
    Don Coon, Dec 22, 2003

  3. StuartB54

    Grant Dixon Guest

    Don if you like curves there are many places that give work around for this
    Paul Shipley has a free unlock he has figured a way to reactivate Adobe's
    curves in elements.

    http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/Download.htm

    Grant

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    Grant Dixon, Dec 22, 2003
  4. StuartB54

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the Canon 10D.

    Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want to buy
    the full blown Photoshop.

    It is fine for a starter.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 22, 2003
  5. StuartB54

    Don Coon Guest

    Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

    Don Coon, Dec 22, 2003
  6. StuartB54

    Don Coon Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the Canon

    10D.

    > Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want to

    buy
    > the full blown Photoshop.
    >
    > It is fine for a starter.
    > Rosita

    That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )
    Don Coon, Dec 22, 2003
  7. StuartB54

    Jim Waggener Guest

    > Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

    Don,

    Do they send you the full-blown edition or an upgrade edition, where it says
    "Upgrade" on the box?

    Jim Waggener, Dec 22, 2003
  8. StuartB54

    Don Coon Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message

    > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > > Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

    > Don,
    >
    > Do they send you the full-blown edition or an upgrade edition, where it

    says
    > "Upgrade" on the box?

    Full version.
    Don Coon, Dec 22, 2003
  9. StuartB54

    PhotoMan Guest

    > "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the

    Canon
    > 10D.
    > >
    > > Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want

    > buy
    > > the full blown Photoshop.
    > >
    > > It is fine for a starter.
    > > Rosita

    > That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

    On the Adobe website they state there is no upgrade available from Elements
    to CS. How'd yoo do dat?
    Joe Arnold
    PhotoMan, Dec 22, 2003
  10. StuartB54

    Don Coon Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the

    > Canon
    > > 10D.
    > > >
    > > > Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and

    want
    > > buy
    > > > the full blown Photoshop.
    > > >
    > > > It is fine for a starter.
    > > > Rosita

    > > That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

    > On the Adobe website they state there is no upgrade available from

    Elements
    > to CS. How'd yoo do dat?
    > Joe Arnold

    I called an Adobe CSR and told him I heard there was a $299 upgrade from
    Elements bundled with a 10D. He agreed and began processing the order --- at
    which point I remembered that I gave the 10D copy away since I had purchased
    the full copy. I mentioned this to the CSR and he had no problem giving me
    the upgrade -- acting like any copy of Elements was eligible. If you go
    this route, I'd register it first so you're copy is in their records. He
    looked mine up and said "oh, I found it." For whatever that's worth.

    I've heard of several other people getting the same upgrade price.

    Do a http://groups.google.com/
    search on Elements PhotoShop $299 and you'll numerous posts and ways
    to get the upgrade.

    Good Luck!
    Don Coon, Dec 23, 2003
  11. StuartB54

    PhotoMan Guest

    > "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "HRosita" <> wrote in message

    > > Canon
    > > > 10D.

    > want
    > > > buy

    > > > That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

    > > On the Adobe website they state there is no upgrade available from

    > Elements
    > > to CS. How'd yoo do dat?
    > > Joe Arnold
    > >

    > I called an Adobe CSR and told him I heard there was a $299 upgrade from
    > Elements bundled with a 10D. He agreed and began processing the order ---

    at
    > which point I remembered that I gave the 10D copy away since I had

    purchased
    > the full copy. I mentioned this to the CSR and he had no problem giving me
    > the upgrade -- acting like any copy of Elements was eligible. If you go
    > this route, I'd register it first so you're copy is in their records. He
    > looked mine up and said "oh, I found it." For whatever that's worth.
    >
    > I've heard of several other people getting the same upgrade price.
    >
    > Do a http://groups.google.com/
    > search on Elements PhotoShop $299 and you'll numerous posts and ways
    > to get the upgrade.
    >
    > Good Luck!

    Thanx Don. Happy Holidays!
    Joe