    Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have fully
    mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.

    Thanks in advance.

    PHD, Sep 6, 2004

  2. "PHD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up

    image
    > re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?
    >
    > The help section is skimpy, and doesn't address my question.
    >
    > Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have

    fully
    > mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I don't know if there is a "Dummies" book available for Photoshop
    itself but the one for Elements (by McClelland and Fott) has a useful
    chapter on shortcuts.

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA

    James Silverton, Sep 6, 2004

  3. PHD

    PHD Guest

    .... yeahh, I have the "Dummies" book, and it doesn't list that shortcut.

    I just know one must exist, though. We computer users have gotten so
    accustomed to GUI ops that we've forgotten that parallel keyboard strokes
    exist to similarly control software.

    Oh, well!

    PHD, Sep 6, 2004
  4. PHD

    John Bean Guest

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:40:18 -0400, PHD wrote:

    > Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up image
    > re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?

    Don't forget that you can use normal Windows menu navigation keys, like
    "Alt-I I" for instance. Guess what that will do...

    --
    John Bean

    Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for
    several days we had to live on nothing but food and water (W. C. Fields)

    John Bean, Sep 6, 2004
  5. PHD

    PHD Guest

    .... Hey Freebie? ...
    .... Whaddayawant, Bean?

    Whazzat Ford Galaxie doin' goin' through those peoples's bedroom?

    .... duhhh, I dunno ... they must be lookin' for a SHORTCUT!

    .... loosely connected to "Freebie and the Bean", circa, 1970, or somewhere
    close to it. Funny movie.

    Thanks. I'll file this one in my "duuhhh!" folder.

    PHD, Sep 6, 2004
  6. PHD

    John Bean Guest

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:45:46 -0400, PHD wrote:

    > ... Hey Freebie? ...
    > ... Whaddayawant, Bean?
    >
    > Whazzat Ford Galaxie doin' goin' through those peoples's bedroom?
    >
    > ... duhhh, I dunno ... they must be lookin' for a SHORTCUT!
    >
    > ... loosely connected to "Freebie and the Bean", circa, 1970, or somewhere
    > close to it. Funny movie.

    Now *that's* a memory! I saw that film but don't remember it word perfect
    like you. I didn't die at the end, I remember that much :)

    > Thanks. I'll file this one in my "duuhhh!" folder.

    Heh. I use the keyboard a lot. I *hate* bloody menus.

    --
    John Bean

    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of
    nothing (Oscar Wilde)

    John Bean, Sep 6, 2004
  7. PHD

    clw Guest

    In article <413c7a40$0$19722$>,
    "James Silverton" <> wrote:

    > "PHD" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up

    > image
    > > re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?
    > >
    > > The help section is skimpy, and doesn't address my question.
    > >
    > > Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have

    > fully
    > > mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > I don't know if there is a "Dummies" book available for Photoshop
    > itself but the one for Elements (by McClelland and Fott) has a useful
    > chapter on shortcuts.

    There is a Dummies book for CS.

    --
    Panta rei

    clw, Sep 6, 2004
  8. PHD

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up image
    >re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?
    >
    >The help section is skimpy, and doesn't address my question.
    >
    >Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have fully
    >mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    In PS CS, you can map your keyboard shortcuts. There are also several PDF's
    from the web that list all of the default ones, but I don't have the URL's.
    You might want to post to comp.graphics.photoshop, and someone there will
    surely have them, especially since it was a really recent thread - may still
    be active on a major news server.

    If you do map your own (in CS), it's good to have all the defaults. I just set
    up a shortcut for Highlight&Shadow, but forgot that Ctrl-H is the "hide
    selection" default, which I also use a lot. Now I have to re-do this to
    another shortcut, that I don't use... Grrrr. I should have bookmarked those
    PDF's so we BOTH could use them now! Sorry.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Sep 6, 2004
  9. PHD

    H.S. Guest

    "PHD" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up image
    > re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?

    You can map keyboard shortcuts by creating actions for them. Use
    "insert menu item" when you create an action. I have shortcuts to
    bring up resize, rotate, selective color, and unsharp mask.

    H.S., Sep 6, 2004
  10. PHD

    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up image
    >re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?
    >
    >The help section is skimpy, and doesn't address my question.
    >
    >Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have fully
    >mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.

    Normally you can find application-specific shortcuts simply by
    going through the menu options with the mouse -- if there is a
    shortcut, one letter of the option name will be underlined.

    e.g., in the application I'm using now as a newsreader,
    Alt-f, Alt-e will accomplish the same as clicking File (F underlined
    on the menu bar), Print Setup (e underlined on the menu dropdown).

    , Sep 7, 2004
  11. PHD

    Bob Shomler Guest

    "PHD" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Does anyone know if a Photoshop keyboard shortcut exists to bring up image
    > re-size in Windows without clicking on "Image ... image size ..."?
    >
    > The help section is skimpy, and doesn't address my question.
    >
    > Actually, I would love to know if any of you 'geeks' out there have fully
    > mapped out the full complement of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for image re-size, but one quick
    way is to right click on the image title bar to bring up a brief
    context menu that includes "Image size." Also Shift+ Alt+I brings up
    the Image Adjustments menu.

    For a table that lists Photoshop's hotkeys, see Trevor Morris's list
    on his site:

    http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop1.shtml

    His table says that Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I should bring up Image Size, but
    it does not in my quick try right now.

    Bob Shomler
    www.shomler.com

    Bob Shomler, Sep 7, 2004
  12. PHD

    nedley Guest

    Try using the Actions feature. You can record actions and assign them to a
    funtion key
    I hit f11 to resize to 320x240px for my pda

    nedley, Sep 10, 2004