    Photoshop, importing pictures from url, do you know if it can be done?

    Would I need a plug-in or is there one out there?

    Brett
    Brett, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Brett

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:55:25 -0700, Brett wrote:

    > Photoshop, importing pictures from url, do you know if it can be done?
    >
    > Would I need a plug-in or is there one out there

    Open URL in Firefox.

    Right-click on desired picture > select "save image as" > choose location
    in your home directory to save image. Open image in Photoshop.

    Done.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 3, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "Brett" <> wrote:

    >Photoshop, importing pictures from url, do you know if it can be done?

    wget can fetch a URL and write its contents to standard output. Why not
    just pipe that to Photoshop's standard input.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Brett

    John Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:06:41 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > "Brett" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Photoshop, importing pictures from url, do you know if it can be done?

    > wget can fetch a URL and write its contents to standard output. Why not
    > just pipe that to Photoshop's standard input.

    Try clicking on the screen in question (url) press Ctrl and PrtScn
    keys.
    Start MsPaint - press ctrl and v keys then save as (jpg) open
    Photoshop and open the jpg image.

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Brett

    Brett Guest

    Thanks for the infomation. I like the screencapture one, very fast.

    Still I guess the 'open image from url' is still on the wanted list.

    *sighs brett*
    Brett, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Brett wrote:
    > Photoshop, importing pictures from url, do you know if it can be done?
    >
    > Would I need a plug-in or is there one out there?

    Right click on the image in your browser, copy. In Photoshop, File->New,
    click Ok. Paste.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jun 4, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    "Brett" <> wrote:

    >Still I guess the 'open image from url' is still on the wanted list.

    Have a look at the netpbm package. A whole bunch of image-processing
    functions written as command-line tools that you can pipe together in
    all kinds of interesting combinations. You can fetch the input to feed
    to them from a URL using wget.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 6, 2005