    If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
    have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

    S.
    Sonn, Apr 9, 2007

  2. Sonn

    Sonn Guest

    Sonn wrote:
    > Hi, I've done a quick search online, but have thrown up several hundred
    > pages, probably mostly irrelevant.
    >
    > I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
    > want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
    > I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
    > function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
    > from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
    > size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
    > image I'm pasting either.
    >
    > If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
    > have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.
    >
    > S.

    Oh, I figured it out by a fluke. Paste and then crop. Doh!
    S.
    Sonn, Apr 9, 2007

  3. On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:31:43 +1200, Sonn wrote:

    > I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
    > want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
    > I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
    > function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
    > from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
    > size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
    > image I'm pasting either.
    >
    > If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
    > have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

    You need to tick the "resample image" box when you change the pixel
    dimensions.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
    Dianthus Mimulus, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Sonn

    Sonn Guest

    Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:31:43 +1200, Sonn wrote:
    >
    >> I'm building a photo banner in Photoshop, and the assortment of photos I
    >> want to bring into the banner are different sizes. Most are too big and
    >> I need to "shrink" them down to all one size. While the "scale"
    >> function will scale the image, it still pastes into the banner window
    >> from the original size, which is too large. Also, altering the canvas
    >> size of the image before copy-paste, doesn't reduce the size of the
    >> image I'm pasting either.
    >>
    >> If anyone has some quick suggestions I'd be grateful. Otherwise I will
    >> have to weed through the screeds of online stuff, some other day.

    > You need to tick the "resample image" box when you change the pixel
    > dimensions.

    Thank you, I still have more tinkering to do, so will make sure I do.
    Cheers, S.
    Sonn, Apr 10, 2007