    controls this.

    Bob

    , Jul 31, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Apparently I unwittingly changed a setting in Photoshop, and now I
    > can't get the crop tool to do anything except constrain the cropped
    > area to 8X10 proportions. What do I do? I've looked everywhere I can
    > think of, and everywhere else too, but I can't find anything that
    > controls this.
    >
    > Bob

    Select the crop tool.
    On the second toolbar down, the crop tool set-up appears. Hit the clear
    button and the tool becomes an unconstrained marquee tool with handles at
    top, bottom, sides and corners. Set your desired size using these (or the
    mouse) and right click to crop or cancel.

    Dennis.

    Dennis Pogson, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Apparently I unwittingly changed a setting in Photoshop, and now I
    > can't get the crop tool to do anything except constrain the cropped
    > area to 8X10 proportions. What do I do? I've looked everywhere I can
    > think of, and everywhere else too, but I can't find anything that
    > controls this.

    Check the top toolbar that appears when you click on the crop tool.

    About in the middle, there is a drop down selection called Style:

    Change it from 'Fixed Aspect Ratio' to 'Normal'

    That should do it :)

    Jim Townsend, Jul 31, 2006
  4. On 7/31/06 10:49 AM, wrote:
    > Apparently I unwittingly changed a setting in Photoshop, and now I
    > can't get the crop tool to do anything except constrain the cropped
    > area to 8X10 proportions. What do I do? I've looked everywhere I can
    > think of, and everywhere else too, but I can't find anything that
    > controls this.

    With crop tool active, type in desired size and perhaps 300 ppi for
    resolution, and fire away. Then save the setting(s) with the flyout
    arrow dialogue. Also, you can free form it (rectangularly speaking), by
    deleting the dimensions.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006
  5. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Apparently I unwittingly changed a setting in Photoshop, and now I
    > can't get the crop tool to do anything except constrain the cropped
    > area to 8X10 proportions. What do I do? I've looked everywhere I can
    > think of, and everywhere else too, but I can't find anything that
    > controls this.

    with crop tool selected, look at the toolbar at the top and pick
    'normal' instead of 'fixed aspect ratio' or 'fixed size'.

    nospam, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Guest

    Thanks, guys! Yeesh! Another hour of my life gone..... Should have gone
    to you first, but my testosterone just wouldn't let me!

    Bob

    , Jul 31, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > Thanks, guys! Yeesh! Another hour of my life gone..... Should have gone
    > to you first, but my testosterone just wouldn't let me!

    Well, you done right, tho, Bob. Also created a first that I've seen:
    Four correct answers in a row, no one (yet) calling another a retard....

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006
  8. George Kerby Guest

    On 7/31/06 4:35 PM, in article ,
    "John McWilliams" <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Thanks, guys! Yeesh! Another hour of my life gone..... Should have gone
    >> to you first, but my testosterone just wouldn't let me!
    >>

    > Four correct answers in a row, no one (yet) calling another a retard....

    Amazing!

    George Kerby, Aug 1, 2006