    right. Around here daisies do not grow that thickly. Careful examination
    revealed that the same dozen daisies were cloned several times to make
    the print. Gees...who/what can you trust anymore.

    laocmo, Oct 30, 2006

  2. laocmo

    bongo Guest

    "laocmo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone else notice an increase lately in the number of photos in the
    > newspapers and even major magazines with obvious photo software patch-up
    > jobs? I've mastered the art so well after using Photoshop for years, that
    > it's easy to spot a fake. Recently saw a very pretty shot of a subject
    > surrounded by a thick field of daisies. Something didn't look right.
    > Around here daisies do not grow that thickly. Careful examination revealed
    > that the same dozen daisies were cloned several times to make the print.
    > Gees...who/what can you trust anymore.

    and who says that photo`s do not lie :)

    bongo, Oct 30, 2006

  3. On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:12:14 -0500, laocmo <> wrote:

    >Anyone else notice an increase lately in the number of photos in the
    >newspapers and even major magazines with obvious photo software patch-up
    >jobs? I've mastered the art so well after using Photoshop for years,
    >that it's easy to spot a fake. Recently saw a very pretty shot of a
    >subject surrounded by a thick field of daisies. Something didn't look
    >right. Around here daisies do not grow that thickly. Careful examination
    >revealed that the same dozen daisies were cloned several times to make
    >the print. Gees...who/what can you trust anymore.

    This isn't a new phenomenom, but for sure,
    Photoshop makes it easier.

    Some asshole Republicans used it in the 2004
    election to create a composite where a young
    long-haired John Kerry was "listening" to a fiery
    speech by Jane Fonda. The photo was a
    complete fake.

    Often the lighting gives it away. It takes real
    skill to get that part right.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Oct 30, 2006
  4. laocmo

    AustinMN Guest

    bongo wrote:
    > "laocmo" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > > Gees...who/what can you trust anymore.
    > >

    > and who says that photo`s do not lie :)

    To butcher an old saying, "Photos don't lie, but liars do PhotoShop."

    Austin

    AustinMN, Oct 30, 2006
  5. laocmo

    Leroy Guest

    LOL!

    Leroy, Oct 30, 2006
  6. laocmo

    Leroy Guest

    Absolutely, lighting/shadows is usually a give away point, although if it
    was setup to deliberately be a fake (not an after thought), then lighting
    can be setup correctly.

    You are right, sorting out the lighting afterwards can take a huge amount of
    skill.

    Leroy, Oct 30, 2006
  7. laocmo

    Lee K Guest

    > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:12:14 -0500, laocmo <> wrote:
    >

    > Some asshole Republicans used it in the 2004
    > election to create a composite where a young
    > long-haired John Kerry was "listening" to a fiery
    > speech by Jane Fonda. The photo was a
    > complete fake.

    Somebody 'Wordshopped" your post before it hit this forum. The original had
    it this way:

    Some asshole Republicans used it in the 2004
    election to create a composite where a young
    asshole John Kerry was "listening" to a fiery
    speech by asshole Jane Fonda. The photo was of a
    complete asshole.

    Lee K, Oct 30, 2006
  8. laocmo

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Leroy" <> wrote:

    > LOL!
    >
    > "AustinMN" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > To butcher an old saying, "Photos don't lie, but liars do PhotoShop."

    Well, if you're interested in what Photoshop can do, take a look at
    http://www.worth1000.com/

    Stewy, Oct 30, 2006
  9. "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Leroy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> "AustinMN" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > To butcher an old saying, "Photos don't lie, but liars do PhotoShop."
    >> >

    > Well, if you're interested in what Photoshop can do, take a look at
    > http://www.worth1000.com/

    Wow. That is one of the most unusably awful websites I've ever seen. It
    seems to be designed to deliberately prevent you from ever finding what
    you're looking for. Incredible.

    What, Me Worry?, Nov 3, 2006
  10. laocmo

    John Turco Guest

    Lee K wrote:

    > "Raphael Bustin" <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:12:14 -0500, laocmo <> wrote:
    > >

    > > Some asshole Republicans used it in the 2004
    > > election to create a composite where a young
    > > long-haired John Kerry was "listening" to a fiery
    > > speech by Jane Fonda. The photo was a
    > > complete fake.
    > >

    > Somebody 'Wordshopped" your post before it hit this forum. The original had
    > it this way:
    >
    > Some asshole Republicans used it in the 2004
    > election to create a composite where a young
    > asshole John Kerry was "listening" to a fiery
    > speech by asshole Jane Fonda. The photo was of a
    > complete asshole.

    Hello, Lee:

    Good one! :)

    Cordially,