    Recommendations please.

    TIA

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Phil

    DJH Guest

    Assuming your focus is digital photography:

    "the photoshop elements book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby.

    DJH, Dec 3, 2003

  3. The "Dummies" series has a good, easy-to-read, well-organized book.
    "PS Elements2 for Dummies." $22US

    Ralph O'Rourke, Dec 3, 2003
  4. I saw that one. I was impressed with it. I was in a library and I
    could remember the exact name or author, but your mention of the author
    reminded me.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Phil

    Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:23:22 GMT, Phil <>
    wrote:

    >Photoshop Elements 2
    >
    >I am looking for an easy to read book (not tiny fonts) with good
    >illustrations so that I can get the best out of this fantastic
    >software.
    >
    >Recommendations please.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Phil

    I'm liking (mostly) "How to Do Everything with Photoshop Elements 2"
    by David Plotkin. I wish he'd included a CD with his raw images,
    though, so I could do myself what he describes he's done.

    , Dec 4, 2003
  6. In article <>,
    Phil <> wrote:

    > Photoshop Elements 2
    >
    > I am looking for an easy to read book (not tiny fonts) with good
    > illustrations so that I can get the best out of this fantastic
    > software.
    >
    > Recommendations please.

    I have found two useful books. The first one, for a complete novice, is
    "How to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2" by Lisa Lee, ISBN 0-7897-2803-6,
    $29.99. The second, much more advanced, is "The Hidden Power of
    Photoshop Elements 2" by Richard Lynch, ISBN 00-7821-4178-1, $40.00.
    These are list prices; serious discounts are available. With these and
    the manual, you should be in good shape. Apparently, using Lynch, you
    can do in Elements most of what you can do in full Photoshop, foir a lot
    less money.

    --
    Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
    [Mac]
    Robert Peirce, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Phil

    GAO Guest

    The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2 by Lynch. You get tools for PSE,
    such as curves, with it.

    GAO, Dec 4, 2003
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:42:14 -0500, DJH <> wrote:

    >Assuming your focus is digital photography:
    >
    >"the photoshop elements book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby.

    Many thanks.

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 4, 2003
  9. Phil

    Phil Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:27:45 -0600, "GAO" <>
    wrote:

    >The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2 by Lynch. You get tools for PSE,
    >such as curves, with it.

    Sounds useful. Thanks for the recommendation.

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Phil

    Phil Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:10:03 -0500, Ralph O'Rourke
    <> wrote:

    >The "Dummies" series has a good, easy-to-read, well-organized book.
    >"PS Elements2 for Dummies." $22US

    Many thanks, Ralph

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 4, 2003
  11. Phil

    Phil Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:33:13 GMT, wrote:

    >I'm liking (mostly) "How to Do Everything with Photoshop Elements 2"
    >by David Plotkin. I wish he'd included a CD with his raw images,
    >though, so I could do myself what he describes he's done.

    Thanks, B.

    No doubt the CD you wish for would have put up the price.

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 4, 2003
  12. Phil

    Phil Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 04:40:39 GMT, Robert Peirce
    <> wrote:

    >I have found two useful books.

    [clip]
    > With these and
    >the manual, you should be in good shape. Apparently, using Lynch, you
    >can do in Elements most of what you can do in full Photoshop, for a lot
    >less money.

    Many thanks, Robert. You're the second person to recommend the one by
    Lynch.

    Phil
    Phil, Dec 4, 2003