    Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?

    Cheers
    T.

    Toni, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Toni

    Scott W Guest

    Toni wrote:
    > I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I

    thought it
    > would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
    > Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again

    it says
    > it has to be Elements 3.
    > I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3

    but
    > can't find any mention of it.
    >
    > Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
    >
    > Cheers
    > T.

    I am not sure if there is an upgrade path, I simply bought a copy of
    Elements 3, it is cheap enough that I did not worry about it. It
    mainly the raw feature of Elements 3 that made be buy it, and I have
    been very happy with that.

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Toni

    Guest

    Toni wrote:
    > I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I

    thought it
    > would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
    > Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again

    it says
    > it has to be Elements 3.

    If you can find somewhere the OLD Adobe Camera Raw 1.0 plug-in, it
    *_might_* work in PE2, and then it can read 300D CRW files with a
    modification documented here :
    http://www.rogercavanagh.com/pstips/tip08-1.stm .

    Not sure this helps, but I hope so.

    Nicolas
    Take away the anti-spam ("je n'aime pas la pub" means "I don't like
    ads" in french) to answer personally...

    , Mar 25, 2005
  4. Toni

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
    >but can't find any mention of it.

    Local stores here often advertise a $30 upgrade rebate for E 3.

    Bill Hilton, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Toni

    Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote:

    >>I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
    >>but can't find any mention of it.

    >Local stores here often advertise a $30 upgrade rebate for E 3.

    But he doesn't have anything other than the cd that came with camera.
    I recieved 2.0 with my Epson scanner but didn't have what it took to
    claim the rebate. Now with 4.0 :), I'll have what I need.

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.

    , Mar 25, 2005
  6. On 25 Mar 2005 09:17:21 -0800, "Scott W" <> wrote:

    >Toni wrote:
    >> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I

    >thought it
    >> would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
    >> Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again

    >it says
    >> it has to be Elements 3.
    >> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3

    >but
    >> can't find any mention of it.
    >>
    >> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> T.

    >I am not sure if there is an upgrade path, I simply bought a copy of
    >Elements 3, it is cheap enough that I did not worry about it. It
    >mainly the raw feature of Elements 3 that made be buy it, and I have
    >been very happy with that.
    >
    >Scott

    There is a $20 mail in rebate if you are upgrading, unitl 4/30.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 26, 2005
  7. Toni

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Toni wrote:
    > I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I thought it
    > would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
    > Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again it says
    > it has to be Elements 3.
    > I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3 but
    > can't find any mention of it.
    >
    > Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
    >
    > Cheers
    > T.

    I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade. There
    is also a trial version you can download to see if you think PSE3 is
    worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Toni

    Frank ess Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Toni wrote:
    >> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
    >> thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
    >> is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
    >> plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
    >> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
    >> but can't find any mention of it.
    >>
    >> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> T.
    >>

    > I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
    > There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
    > PSE3 is
    > worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

    Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
    = $49.95. I might even be tempted ...

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 26, 2005
  9. Toni

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Frank ess wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >>Toni wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
    >>>thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
    >>>is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
    >>>plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
    >>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
    >>>but can't find any mention of it.
    >>>
    >>>Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>T.
    >>>

    >>I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
    >>There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
    >>PSE3 is
    >>worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

    > Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
    > = $49.95. I might even be tempted ...

    In spite of some ugly 'warts' on the Organizer part of the package, it
    is well worth the $50 I spent on it. Adobe even allows loading it on a
    laptop and desktop without violating the EULA.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  10. >>Toni wrote:
    >>>I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
    >>>thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
    >>>is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
    >>>plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
    >>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
    >>>but can't find any mention of it.
    >>>Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?

    >>I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
    >>There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
    >>PSE3 is worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

    > Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
    > = $49.95. I might even be tempted ...

    When I bought Adobe's Photoshop Elements 3, the box had a rebate coupon
    for people with a registered copy of PE 2. Maybe they stopped putting
    the coupons in the boxes.

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman