    Thanks,

    william

    --
    W Chan, Jan 19, 2005

  2. W Chan

    Mark Guest

    Elements 3 does not support the RAW 2.4 plugin - Photoshop does, of
    course. Elements 3 contains RAW support the D70. I've tried to use
    the 2.4 plug-in in Elements 3 and its a no-go.

    Mark
    Mark, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Here is a link to the RAW support review in PS3.0

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/adobeelements3/page2.asp

    For under $100, Photoshop 3 is definitely the best software package in my
    opinion. I have been very pleased with the RAW support.
    John

    "W Chan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Does anyone know if Elements 3.0 supports (reads) the RAW image file

    format

    D70 Is the Best!, Jan 19, 2005
  4. W Chan

    Pete D Guest

    Okay, my bad.

    Pete D, Jan 19, 2005
  5. W Chan

    W Chan Guest

    Many thks for you guys' inputs.
    However, I went to the Adobe's product website. Under the camera model
    support list, it did not include D70... (It did include D100 and a couple of
    coolpix models. )

    Confused?

    william

    W Chan, Jan 20, 2005
  6. W Chan

    MikeS Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, my bad.
    >
    > "Mark" <> wrote in message
    >> Elements 3 does not support the RAW 2.4 plugin - Photoshop does, of
    >> course. Elements 3 contains RAW support the D70. I've tried to use
    >> the 2.4 plug-in in Elements 3 and its a no-go.
    >>
    >> Mark

    Mark,

    I have elements 3 and it automatialy reads my D70 raw and loads it into the
    raw manipulation program first when you have done what you want with the raw
    file with just a click it loads into elements 3 edit program. Very quick and
    much better than the plugin I used on elements 1.

    MikeS
    MikeS, Jan 20, 2005
  7. W Chan

    Pete D Guest

    "MikeS" <> wrote in message

    > "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >> Okay, my bad.
    >>
    >> "Mark" <> wrote in message
    >>> Elements 3 does not support the RAW 2.4 plugin - Photoshop does, of
    >>> course. Elements 3 contains RAW support the D70. I've tried to use
    >>> the 2.4 plug-in in Elements 3 and its a no-go.
    >>>
    >>> Mark
    >>>

    > Mark,
    >
    > I have elements 3 and it automatialy reads my D70 raw and loads it into
    > the raw manipulation program first when you have done what you want with
    > the raw file with just a click it loads into elements 3 edit program. Very
    > quick and much better than the plugin I used on elements 1.
    >
    > MikeS

    I am hanging out for them to come out with the RAW plugin for my Pentax *ist
    DS.
    Pete D, Jan 20, 2005
  8. W Chan

    larrylook Guest

    "W Chan" <> wrote in message

    > Many thks for you guys' inputs.
    > However, I went to the Adobe's product website. Under the camera model
    > support list, it did not include D70... (It did include D100 and a couple

    of
    > coolpix models. )

    I shoot in RAW with D70 and use PS elements 3 exclusively. Theres a box
    that comes up, when you open NEF files that gives you many options regarding
    white balance, exposure etc. Very helpful. It gives you several "sliders"
    you can adjust L or R, for brightness, contrast, saturation etc, that you
    can slide back and forth. It opens in more that 8 bit (if you want it to).
    Don't let others tell you, you are limited to 8 bit.

    larrylook, Jan 21, 2005
  9. W Chan

    larrylook Guest

    Go to dpreview.com site. D70 forum and do a search, you'll see many use
    elements 3 with good success for NEF files from D70. I got mine for $50
    after rebates. Nice program for the money. No pluggin needed for NEF/RAW
    files.

    larrylook, Jan 21, 2005
  10. W Chan

    MikeS Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "MikeS" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >>> Okay, my bad.
    >>>
    >>> "Mark" <> wrote in message

    >> Mark,
    >>
    >> I have elements 3 and it automatialy reads my D70 raw and loads it into
    >> the raw manipulation program first when you have done what you want with
    >> the raw file with just a click it loads into elements 3 edit program.
    >> Very quick and much better than the plugin I used on elements 1.
    >>
    >> MikeS

    > I am hanging out for them to come out with the RAW plugin for my Pentax
    > *ist DS.
    >Today I put my Nikon D70 memory card into my computer card reader and
    >Elemts 3 instantly downloaded the raw files form the card in seconds
    >displaying the thumpnails when I click on one it came up in elemements 3
    >raw program much to my suprise and delight, it works a charm.

    MikeS
    MikeS, Jan 21, 2005