    Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Alan Browne <> wrote in news:3F2A79B7.2080204
    @videotron.ca:

    > but if I have to buy PS 7.0 then that's another $600.

    I don't know about PS 7.0, but if it is like 5.5 then
    I find PS being crippled for 16 bit also. Most of the
    functions just stop working at 16 bit. Annoying in this
    days of good digital cameras.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Alan Browne

    HRosita Guest

    >Alan Browne wrote:

    >Is photoshop elements capable of 16 bit image manipulation?

    And the answer is NO. I used the import command, and in the TWAIN software of
    my Epson 1240U set the bit depth to 42. Normal RGB is 24, one bit for each
    color.
    Elements displayed the following message:
    "This document is in unsupported mode and will be converted"
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Alan Browne

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: et (HRosita)

    >I used the import command, and in the TWAIN software of
    >my Epson 1240U set the bit depth to 42. Normal RGB is 24, one bit for each
    >color.

    What does "Normal RGB is 24, one bit for each color" mean?

    Maybe you meant one byte for each channel?

    Bill Hilton, Aug 1, 2003
  5. "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message

    > Is photoshop elements capable of 16 bit image manipulation? There is
    > nothing I can find on the Adobe site.
    >
    > It comes "free" with the Minolta 5400 (16 bit) scanner...
    >
    > but if I have to buy PS 7.0 then that's another $600.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Cheers,
    > Alan

    Last time I checked the only sub $100 program that works with 48 bit color
    with the same functionality as Photoshop is Ulead's PhotoImpact.
    http://www.ulead.com

    Cheers, Steve

    Steve Hoffmann, Aug 3, 2003