Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

    > I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
    > the new features of Bridge:
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>

    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

    Nice job Wayne,
    I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
    Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
    you make revisions and additions to your findings.

    Thanks,
    Ron
    , Dec 16, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Nice job Wayne,
    > I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
    > Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
    > you make revisions and additions to your findings.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    Hi Ron,

    Thanks. Yes, I'll keep putting them up. I'm working on Camera RAW and PS
    now. They look pretty stable at this stage.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 16, 2006
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Nice job Wayne,
    >> I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
    >> Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
    >> you make revisions and additions to your findings.
    >>

    > Thanks. Yes, I'll keep putting them up. I'm working on Camera RAW and PS
    > now. They look pretty stable at this stage.

    Right now, there are video tutorials by Deke McCleland up at Lynda.com,
    for free. Excellent.

    I look forward to reading your pages, Wayne; thanks.

    --

    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 16, 2006
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    W Guest

    I have CS2 (PC platform). I stopped using the RAW converter (20D) after

    I realized there were two significant (and probably related) issues:

    1. Tends to noisy shadows
    2. Tends to clip the low end of the histogram on one or more channels

    (And yes I set the 'shadows' to zero and tried numerous other tweaks.)

    These complaints are in comparison to Canon Digital Photo Professional.

    I use DPP exclusively now because of these two issues (although I love
    the chromatic abberation correction in ACR).

    Any early comparison on the CS3 RAW converter regarding these two
    issues?

    Thanks
    W, Dec 16, 2006
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Maria Guest

    Hi!

    How to create Web Photo Galleries with Adobe Photoshop CS3 ?

    I can't find...

    Can you help me?

    <> escreveu na mensagem

    Maria, Dec 16, 2006
  7. W wrote:
    > I have CS2 (PC platform). I stopped using the RAW converter (20D) after
    >
    > I realized there were two significant (and probably related) issues:
    >
    > 1. Tends to noisy shadows
    > 2. Tends to clip the low end of the histogram on one or more channels

    > (And yes I set the 'shadows' to zero and tried numerous other tweaks.)
    >

    > These complaints are in comparison to Canon Digital Photo Professional.
    >
    > I use DPP exclusively now because of these two issues (although I love
    > the chromatic abberation correction in ACR).

    > Any early comparison on the CS3 RAW converter regarding these two
    > issues?

    Not from me! <s.> So far, I've not had the time or inclination to do
    good side-by-side comparisons of RAW converters, but there are others
    here who've done great comparisons and written them up.

    I've been using Lightroom for a while, and so the differences in CSIII
    that might be apparent compared to CSII are even less so for me. My type
    of photography currently doesn't lend itself to such analyses---- that's
    my story and I am sticking to it!

    If I see a good review, I'll try to remember to link it here.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 16, 2006
  8. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Don Leman Guest

    Outstanding article Wayne. Thank you for posting.

    I downloaded the beta yesterday but hadn't realized the stacking feature. I
    did stumble across the loop thing but didn't know you could use the scroll
    wheel to magnify the loop image.

    I will look forward to your additional coverage of CS3

    --
    Don

    Don Leman, Dec 16, 2006
  9. Maria <> wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > How to create Web Photo Galleries with Adobe Photoshop CS3 ?
    >
    > I can't find...
    >

    > Can you help me?

    Just like before. They are now called 'Adobe Media Gallery'.

    --
    Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
    Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
    Johan W. Elzenga, Dec 16, 2006
  10. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Celcius Guest

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
    > the new features of Bridge:
    > <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>
    >
    > More soon.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > --
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

    Wayne,
    The site is great. However, I downloaded CS3 to try it out today and clicked
    on the 30 day trial. Surprise! After I opened Photoshop CS3 again, it showed
    me I only had 2 days left... a real bummer ;-( I already have Photoshop CS2
    and I was intested in Bridge also...
    Marcel
    Celcius, Dec 16, 2006
  11. You have to get CS3 serial number from the Adobe site using your CS2 number.
    Without this number you get 2 days. With the number is goes well in to 2007.
    Actually, a few days after the final product ships.

    LJC

    Little Juice Coupe, Dec 16, 2006
  12. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Celcius Guest

    "Little Juice Coupe" <> wrote in message
    > You have to get CS3 serial number from the Adobe site using your CS2
    > number. Without this number you get 2 days. With the number is goes well
    > in to 2007. Actually, a few days after the final product ships.
    >
    > LJC
    >

    > "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
    >>> the new features of Bridge:
    >>> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>
    >>>
    >>> More soon.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Wayne
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Wayne J. Cosshall
    >>> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    >>> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

    >> Wayne,
    >> The site is great. However, I downloaded CS3 to try it out today and
    >> clicked on the 30 day trial. Surprise! After I opened Photoshop CS3
    >> again, it showed me I only had 2 days left... a real bummer ;-( I already
    >> have Photoshop CS2 and I was intested in Bridge also...
    >> Marcel

    Please how?
    Celcius, Dec 16, 2006
  13. Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 16, 2006
  14. I think if you go to this page:
    <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fphotoshop%5Fsn>,
    log in or create one you can get a temp serial number. I used my CS2 one
    but if you don't have it will give you a 30 day one.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 16, 2006
  15. Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

    > I think if you go to this page:
    > <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fphotoshop%5Fsn>,
    > log in or create one you can get a temp serial number. I used my CS2 one
    > but if you don't have it will give you a 30 day one.

    It will? I installed yesterday, but was under the impression it's good
    for all of two days. Is there a sure fire method for getting a 30 day
    trial?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 17, 2006
  16. John McWilliams wrote:
    > Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >>
    >> I think if you go to this page:
    >> <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fphotoshop%5Fsn>,
    >> log in or create one you can get a temp serial number. I used my CS2
    >> one but if you don't have it will give you a 30 day one.

    > It will? I installed yesterday, but was under the impression it's good
    > for all of two days. Is there a sure fire method for getting a 30 day
    > trial?

    That's my understanding of what you need to do. I had my CS2 serial, so
    I didn't go that way but from reading the documentation on the Abobe
    Labs site that's what I understand.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Wayne J. Cosshall, Dec 17, 2006
  17. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Celcius Guest

    > I think if you go to this page:
    > <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fphotoshop%5Fsn>,
    > log in or create one you can get a temp serial number. I used my CS2 one
    > but if you don't have it will give you a 30 day one.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >

    > --
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

    Thanks Wayne!
    Strange, though.
    After downloading, installing, etc., I was presented with a window... with a
    serial number request. I tried my CS2 and it told me that it was the wrong
    one. I saw below the page, a 30 days trial... now, I only have 1 day left
    ;-)))
    Marcel
    PS I'll try your page
    Celcius, Dec 17, 2006
  18. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Celcius Guest

    > I think if you go to this page:
    > <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fphotoshop%5Fsn>,
    > log in or create one you can get a temp serial number. I used my CS2 one
    > but if you don't have it will give you a 30 day one.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne

    Thanks Wayne!
    It worked.
    As you said, I entered my CS2 number and it gave me one to use.
    I activated it and registered. Everything's OK
    Cheers and my best wishes to you and to your loved ones for Xmas and
    New-Year!
    Marcel
    Celcius, Dec 17, 2006
  19. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Bigguy Guest

    Look under File, Automate, Web Photo Gallery

    Guy

    Bigguy, Dec 17, 2006
  20. Bigguy <> wrote:

    > Look under File, Automate, Web Photo Gallery

    Have you looked yourself? There isn't a 'Web Photo Gallery' any more in
    CS3, it's now called 'Adobe Media Gallery'. Unfortunately, it doesn't
    work yet. That's apparently a known bug.

    Johan W. Elzenga, Dec 17, 2006