    that aren't in Photoshop CS2?

    Bob
    , Aug 25, 2006

  2. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am slowly becoming comfortable with basic operations in Photoshop
    > CS2. Can someone please tell me what features Photoshop Elements has
    > that aren't in Photoshop CS2?
    >
    > Bob

    Hi.

    Elements has a "How to" section in addition to its "Help Files" There is
    much more in Ps than in Elements.

    Hardly surprising considering the price difference.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Bill Hilton Guest

    > wrote:
    > I am slowly becoming comfortable with basic operations in Photoshop
    > CS2. Can someone please tell me what features Photoshop Elements has
    > that aren't in Photoshop CS2?

    Photoshop has many features that are missing from Elements ... Elements
    has a few things that aren't in Photoshop but typically these are just
    "idiot-mode" push button ways to do a simple task that you would have
    to do on your own in Photoshop.

    If you have Photoshop and know how to use it you don't really need
    Elements.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 25, 2006
  4. Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > I am slowly becoming comfortable with basic operations in Photoshop
    > CS2. Can someone please tell me what features Photoshop Elements has
    > that aren't in Photoshop CS2?

    As far as editing goes, Photoshop has ALL the features of
    Elements... (After all, Elements is called Elements because
    it consists of elements taken from Photoshop :)

    What Elements has that Photoshop doesn't are built in fancy
    one click 'wizards' that let you create a host of effects like
    styles, filters, layers, shadows and frames etc.

    The Elements interface is geared more towards home users rather
    than professionals in the graphics field. As such, it's
    adequate for the person who just wants to quickly touch up photos
    and add effects like frames and bevels etc..
    Jim Townsend, Aug 25, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > I am slowly becoming comfortable with basic operations in Photoshop
    > CS2. Can someone please tell me what features Photoshop Elements has
    > that aren't in Photoshop CS2?

    Photoshop Elements has several editing commands that are missing from
    Photoshop CS2. They are under the Enhance Tab. They include:

    Remove Color Cast, Remove Fringing, Adjust Highlights, Adjust Shadows.
    The feature I go to Photoshop Elements the most for is Adjust Highlights
    and Adjust Shadows.

    One thing that iPhoto has that none of the Photoshops have is adjust
    Color Temperature. It is great for correcting color temperature of
    photographs. The normal 3 color sliders and the adjust hue and
    saturation make it very awkward to correct for simple color temperature
    errors. Another nice feature of Photoshop Elements is the ability to
    make color variations in a multiple choice menu.

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
    Stephen Henning, Aug 25, 2006
  6. tomm42 Guest

    Stephen Henning wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I am slowly becoming comfortable with basic operations in Photoshop
    > > CS2. Can someone please tell me what features Photoshop Elements has
    > > that aren't in Photoshop CS2?

    > Photoshop Elements has several editing commands that are missing from
    > Photoshop CS2. They are under the Enhance Tab. They include:
    >
    > Remove Color Cast, Remove Fringing, Adjust Highlights, Adjust Shadows.
    > The feature I go to Photoshop Elements the most for is Adjust Highlights
    > and Adjust Shadows.
    >
    > One thing that iPhoto has that none of the Photoshops have is adjust
    > Color Temperature. It is great for correcting color temperature of
    > photographs. The normal 3 color sliders and the adjust hue and
    > saturation make it very awkward to correct for simple color temperature
    > errors. Another nice feature of Photoshop Elements is the ability to
    > make color variations in a multiple choice menu.
    >
    > --
    > Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    > Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

    There are several ways in Photoshop to deal with color casts.
    ACR from a RAW file
    Photo Filters if it is a simple color balance problem
    Color Balance, Curves and Levels are all very powerful in this regard.
    I very seldom use the hue/saturation sliders, you are right they are
    awkward for this type of adjustment.
    Adjust hightlights and shadows can again be done in ACR from a RAW
    file, or with curves or levels. As been said a lot of what you are
    mentioning are short cut buttons.

    Tom
    tomm42, Aug 25, 2006
  7. "tomm42" <> wrote:

    > There are several ways in Photoshop to deal with color casts.
    > ACR from a RAW file
    > Photo Filters if it is a simple color balance problem
    > Color Balance, Curves and Levels are all very powerful in this regard.
    > I very seldom use the hue/saturation sliders, you are right they are
    > awkward for this type of adjustment.
    > Adjust hightlights and shadows can again be done in ACR from a RAW
    > file, or with curves or levels. As been said a lot of what you are
    > mentioning are short cut buttons.

    In Photoshop Elements, an overall hue or color cast is very easy to
    remove. You just click on a white area, gray area, or black area and it
    is instantly gone. You can play around by clicking on different areas
    to see which gives the best result. But it is very painless as are most
    things in Photoshop Elements.

    One of the big differences in the two programs is that Photoshop
    Elements is very productive out of the box while with Photoshop there is
    quite a steep learning curve. Very few people feel they ever reach the
    top of the curve; they usually find a plateau. Much of the productivity
    comes from the plugins which usually work in Photoshop Elements also.

    Stephen Henning, Aug 25, 2006