    Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?

    Regards,
    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004

  2. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    "John B" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to upgrade
    > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    >
    > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On return
    > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    asked
    > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price was
    > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    >
    > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you should

    ask
    > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    >
    > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John B

    Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it was
    registered with them, or the Key number?
    Thanks,
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004

  3. John B

    Crownfield Guest

    PhotoMan wrote:

    > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to upgrade
    > > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    > >
    > > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On return
    > > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    > asked
    > > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price was
    > > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    > >
    > > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you should

    > ask
    > > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    > >
    > > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > John B

    > Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it was
    > registered with them, or the Key number?

    they may not, but the install may.

    Crownfield, Jan 14, 2004
  4. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Crownfield" <> wrote in message
    > PhotoMan wrote:
    > >
    > > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to

    upgrade
    > > > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    > > >
    > > > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > > > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On

    return
    > > > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    > > asked
    > > > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price

    was
    > > > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    > > >
    > > > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you

    should
    > > ask
    > > > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    > > >
    > > > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > John B

    > > Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it

    was
    > > registered with them, or the Key number?

    > they may not, but the install may.

    Is the upgrade downloadable or can the full retail package be ordered?
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  5. John B

    John B Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to

    upgrade
    > > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    > >
    > > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On

    return
    > > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    > asked
    > > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price was
    > > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    > >
    > > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you should

    > ask
    > > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    > >
    > > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > John B

    > Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it was
    > registered with them, or the Key number?
    > Thanks,
    > Joe Arnold

    They asked for the key number for my current version of Elements.

    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004
  6. John B

    John B Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Crownfield" <> wrote in message
    > > PhotoMan wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "John B" <> wrote in message

    > upgrade

    > return

    > > > asked

    > was

    > should
    > > > ask

    > > > Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it

    > was
    > > > registered with them, or the Key number?

    > > they may not, but the install may.

    > Is the upgrade downloadable or can the full retail package be ordered?
    > Joe

    I am receiving the full retail package in 5 to 7 business days.

    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004
  7. John B

    Don Coon Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to

    upgrade
    > > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    > >
    > > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On

    return
    > > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    > asked
    > > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price was
    > > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    > >
    > > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you should

    > ask
    > > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    > >
    > > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > John B

    I think they originally made upgrade offers for copies of Elements bundled
    with a Microtek scanner and when the word got out they decided to expand the
    offer to other products bundled with Elements. Then they decided to offer
    the upgrade for any copy of Elements 2.0 with a serial number.

    I have no proof of this except that I've haven't seen any upgrade link
    except the one for the Microtek scanner. And when I asked for the upgrade
    for the copy bundled with my Canon 10D, the CSR seemed to hestitate saying
    something like: "I think there is one but it's new to me...." Then he went
    ahead and gave me the upgrade. During the process I remembered I had given
    away my bundled copy since I already had a purchased copy. I told the CSR
    as much and, without a pause, he gave me the upgrade price.

    Don Coon, Jan 14, 2004
  8. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

    > "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > > Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to

    > upgrade
    > > > from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.
    > > >
    > > > When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    > > > rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On

    > return
    > > > to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I

    > > asked
    > > > if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price

    was
    > > > availbale but only if the customer asks for it.
    > > >
    > > > I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you

    should
    > > ask
    > > > for it for even less. Start at $10.
    > > >
    > > > Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > John B

    > I think they originally made upgrade offers for copies of Elements bundled
    > with a Microtek scanner and when the word got out they decided to expand

    the
    > offer to other products bundled with Elements. Then they decided to offer
    > the upgrade for any copy of Elements 2.0 with a serial number.
    >
    > I have no proof of this except that I've haven't seen any upgrade link
    > except the one for the Microtek scanner. And when I asked for the upgrade
    > for the copy bundled with my Canon 10D, the CSR seemed to hestitate saying
    > something like: "I think there is one but it's new to me...." Then he

    went
    > ahead and gave me the upgrade. During the process I remembered I had given
    > away my bundled copy since I already had a purchased copy. I told the CSR
    > as much and, without a pause, he gave me the upgrade price.

    Sounds like they're easy to get along with. I wasn't aware of the upgrade
    offer with Elements. I have Elements 2 which was bundled with my dRebel.
    Hopefully, they'll assist me retroactively with a credit or partial refund,
    since I bought the retail CS package. Thanks for the help, people!
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  9. John B

    JJ Guest

    Now that is really annoying! I have the retail Elements 2 as well as the
    bundled copy with my 10D - and I got the CS upgrade from Adobe Europe ... at
    GB £ 476 - what a rip off!!

    All inward and outward e-mail scanned by NAV Professional 2003

    JJ, Jan 15, 2004
  10. John B

    Guest

    In message <>,
    "John B" <> wrote:

    >Called Adobe customer service today to enquire about the price to upgrade
    >from Elements to CS. I was quoted $499.

    >When I mentioned that often I see a price of $299 in posts on
    >rec.photo.digital, they asked me to hold on while they checked. On return
    >to the phone, they said that yes they could give it to me for $299. I asked
    >if this is a special limited time offer and was told that this price was
    >availbale but only if the customer asks for it.

    >I guess if you are interested, you should ask for it. Maybe you should ask
    >for it for even less. Start at $10.

    >Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?

    Wow! I'm going to try to call Wolfram and get Mathematica for $19!
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Jan 15, 2004
  11. John B

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "John B"

    >They asked for the key number for my current version of Elements.

    So what did ya tell them?

    Annika1980, Jan 16, 2004
  12. John B

    John B Guest

    I read the number that came with my Elements CD to them.

    JB

    John B, Jan 16, 2004
  13. John B

    Don Coon Guest

    "John B" <> wrote in message
    > I read the number that came with my Elements CD to them.

    The "serial number" to be specific.

    Don Coon, Jan 16, 2004