    Digital Photographers ISBN:0321330625

    Anyone recommend either of the 2 or have other suggestions?

    Thanks.

    RoundSquare, Jan 26, 2006

  2. RoundSquare

    george Guest

    "RoundSquare" <big@hole> wrote in message
    news:43d92e50$0$6959$...
    > I'm looking to buy a book for Photoshop CS2. I quite like the look of
    > Scott Kelbys books
    > Photoshop CS2 Killer Tips ISBN:0321330633 and The Photoshop CS2 Book for
    > Digital Photographers ISBN:0321330625
    >
    > Anyone recommend either of the 2 or have other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have the second of the two books you mention and it is the best CS2 book
    that I own (by far). If you're looking to learn Photoshop, you might want
    to start with the Adobe Classroom in a Book, but for actually doing useful
    stuff, Kelby's books are hard to beat.

    George

    george, Jan 26, 2006

  3. RoundSquare

    Guest

    , Jan 26, 2006
  4. RoundSquare

    Tony Guest

    Kelbys books are from the point of view of a graphic designer - and an
    untrained one at that. He is full of the same razzle dazzle tricks that make
    so many websites so annoying.
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/mani/books/mbookps.html
    Has a list of Photoshop books by people who are trained in design, or
    photography (and sometimes both) who are not interested in all the "cool"
    tricks o much as in putting out good images. The Eismann book in particular
    is absolutely essential for any photographer - digital or film - using
    Photoshop.
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/mani/books/mbookps.html

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Jan 27, 2006
  5. RoundSquare

    nk Guest

    If you are looking for a good general overview of Photoshop CS2, try Photoshop
    CS2 Workflow: The Digital Photographer's Guide (Paperback)by Tim Grey

    Here is what I wrote about the book on Amazon reviews:
    When I recently upgraded to CS2, I wanted a book that would help me learn the
    software quickly. I did not want one of those massive intimating books.

    I found Mr. Greys's book to be very helpful. The book is well written and walks
    you thought many of the CS2 functions.

    I have been reading the book page for page and have found it clear and simple to
    follow. I actually enjoy reading the book.

    If you are looking for a book to get a good overview of CS2, I would highly
    recommend Photoshop CS2 Workflow: The Digital Photographer's Guide.

    Nath Kaplan

    nk, Jan 27, 2006
  6. RoundSquare

    Guest

    BEEN DREAMING OF LIVING THE GOOD LIFE, ON YOUR TERMS? YOU CAN DO
    THIS!

    You will now become part of a Mail Order business. In this business
    the
    product is not solid or tangible, it's a service. You are in the
    business
    of developing Mailing Lists. You deal with information, and
    information is
    power. Many large corporations are happy to pay vast amounts for
    quality
    lists. However, the money made from the mailing lists is secondary to
    the
    income which is made from people like you and me asking to be included
    on
    such a list.

    I used to work my butt off for someone else, but not any more. Getting
    on
    to the internet changed everything. I came across an article that said
    you
    could make thousands of dollars within weeks with a once only
    investment of
    $6.00! "Yeah, right, what a scam," is what I thought. I was skeptical
    say the least. Still, I was curious. I figured I could stand to lose
    six
    bucks, so I kept reading.

    I'm pretty glad I did. All you had to do was send $1.00 to the 6 names
    at
    the addresses listed in the article. Then, you placed your name and
    address
    at the bottom of the list at position #6, and posted the article to at
    least
    200 newsgroups.

    I felt pretty silly after I'd sent the letters, and it took a bit of
    time to
    post the message to all those newsgroups. To be honest, I pretty much
    forget about the whole deal there and then. "It's only six dollars. No
    big
    deal."

    Was I in for a surprise. GUESS WHAT! Within 7 days, I started getting
    money
    in the mail! It was amazing! I figured it would end, but it didn't.
    The
    money just kept rolling in. I made about $18.00 in the first week. By
    the
    end of the second week I'd made a total of over $980. $10,328 in week
    three, and it just went on and on. This is now my fifth month and I'm
    sitting on about $273,000. Needless to say I quit my job a while back.
    (I
    used to work as a computer software manager)

    It was certainly worth the $6.00 and change for the stamps. I've spent
    more
    than that on the lottery, without a cent to show for it!!

    Print a copy of this article, so you can refer back to it, or cut and
    paste
    it to Notepad or Word. The process is very simple and is comprised of
    3
    easy steps. If you're wondering why I'm letting you in on this, I'll
    explain it to you shortly. Bear with me. This works.

    STEP 1: Get 6 separate sheets of paper and write the following on each;

    "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST."

    Get 6 US$1.00 bills (or the equivalent in your local currency) and
    place a
    dollar and a note in each of the 6 envelopes. Fold the bill into the
    paper
    in order to prevent it from being seen, and possibly stolen.

    You should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each containing a dollar and
    the
    note. Don't forget to add your name and address.

    Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

    #1 R. Arambasic, 9 Ashmore St, Brunswick, VIC, Australia 3056
    #2 S. Vouge, P.O. Box 5173, New York, N.Y. 10163, USA
    #3 R. Dumancic, Mlinarska 22A, Zagreb, 10000, Croatia
    #4 D. Lozina, 128 Nicholson St, Fitzroy, VIC, Australia 3065
    #5 B. Spaleta, 39 Stewart Gve, Campbellfield, VIC, Australia 3061
    #6 J. Wurdemann, P.O. Box 912, North Branch, MN. 55056, USA

    STEP 2: Take name #1 off the list above, move the other names up (6
    becomes
    5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR name as number 6 on the list.
    STEP 3: Post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups. (There's
    heaps
    out there) All you need is 200, but the more you post, the more money
    you
    make!

    ********* HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS (It's easy) *********

    1. You don't need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting.
    Cut
    and paste this letter to your Notepad. 2. Remember to eliminate the #1

    position, move everyone up a spot (re-number everyone else's
    positions),
    and add yourself as #6. 3. Save your new notepad file as a .txt file.
    If
    you want to do your postings in different sittings, you'll always have
    this
    file to go back to.

    *** NETSCAPE USERS ***

    Step 4. Within the Netscape program, go to the pull down window
    entitled
    'Window' select 'NetscapeNews'. Then from the pull down menu
    'Options',
    select 'Show all Newsgroups'. After a few moments a list of all the
    Newsgroups on your server will show up. Click on any newsgroup you
    desire.
    >From within this newsgroup, click on the 'TO NEWS' button, which should

    be
    in the top left corner of the newsgroups page. This will bring up a
    message
    box.

    Step 5. Fill in the Subject. This will be the header that everyone sees
    as
    they scroll through the list of postings in a particular group.

    Step 6. Highlight the entire contents of your .txt file, and cut and
    paste
    it the letter into the body of your posting.

    Step 7. Hit the 'Send' Button in the upper left corner. You're done
    with your
    first post! Congratulations...

    *** INTERNET EXPLORER USERS ***

    Step 4. Go to newsgroups and select 'Post an Article'.
    Step 5. Fill in the subject.
    Step 6. Same as #6 above
    Step 7. Hit the 'Post' button.

    Alternatively, you can use a program like Forte Agent, which you can
    find on
    the Web.

    THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post
    away,
    after you get the hang of it. It takes about 30 seconds for each
    newsgroup!

    **REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST TO, THE MORE MONEY YOU'LL
    MAKE!!
    POST A MINIMUM OF 200**

    There you go! You'll begin receiving money from around the world
    within
    days! You may eventually even want to rent a P.O. Box due to the large

    amount of mail you'll receive. Should you wish to stay anonymous, you
    may
    use a pseudonym, as the postman will deliver it just the same.

    **MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT.**

    So, why am I letting you in on this. Let me explain.

    Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies. I make $5.00 with
    my
    name at #6 on the letter. Now, if each of the 5 individuals who sent
    me
    $1.00 make the minimum 200 postings, with my name at #5, and only 5
    people
    respond to each of the original 5, that's another $25.00 for me. Now
    those
    25 each make 200 posts with my name at #4, and with 5 replies each, I
    earn
    an additional $125.00! Those 125 turn around and post the minimum 200
    with
    my name at #3 and receive 5 replies each, I make $626.00 more! Get the
    picture? Five responses is actually a below norm response rate. The
    average is about 15 to 25. For example, here's what you can expect to
    earn from 15 responses:

    at #6 $15.00 at #5 $225.00 at #4 $3,375.00 at #3 $50,625.00 at
    $759,375.00 at #1 $11,390,625.00

    When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the latest
    posting in
    the newsgroups, and send out your $6.00 to names on the list, putting
    your
    name at number 6 again (which is what I'm doing), and start posting
    again.

    The thing to remember is that thousands of people all over the world
    are
    joining the internet and reading these articles everyday, just as you
    are
    now!!

    Can you afford $6.00? I believe so. (I just didn't buy lunch that day)

    People have said, "what if the plan is played out and no one sends you
    the
    money? Doesn't matter. There are tons of new honest users and new
    honest
    people who are joining the internet and newsgroups everyday, willing to
    give
    it a try? Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000 new users daily.

    This will work for you. Be honest, be fair. Remember, what goes around

    comes around.

    , Jan 27, 2006
  7. RoundSquare

    george Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I would much rather use video training. Here is a 9hr video training
    > course:
    >
    > http://www.hometutorials.com/ps.html

    I took a three day class that used the Classroom in a Book...was excellent
    and I find the book quite easy to follow, but who knows, maybe that was due
    to the class.

    george, Jan 27, 2006
  8. RoundSquare

    Hunt Guest

    In article <43d92e50$0$6959$>, big@hole
    says...

    >I'm looking to buy a book for Photoshop CS2. I quite like the look of Scott
    >Kelbys books
    >Photoshop CS2 Killer Tips ISBN:0321330633 and The Photoshop CS2 Book for
    >Digital Photographers ISBN:0321330625
    >
    >Anyone recommend either of the 2 or have other suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks

    I like Kelby's books, and second the ClassroomInABook series. Several of the
    other recommendations are also well worth the $.

    I'd add Ben Wilmore's Studio Techniques for Photoshop CS2. Don't have the
    publisher (Peachpit?) or ISBN handy, but he's done a new book for about the
    last four vers. of PS. Each is heavily updated over the previous.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jan 27, 2006
  9. Thanks all for the suggestions on CS2 books.

    Steven Campbell, Jan 29, 2006