PhotoShop Album ver. 1 and 2 Catalog Mismatch Error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Hi,

    My daughter installed these in the following order:

    August - PhotoShop Album Starter Edition version 2 from download.com,
    never used it

    October 25 - PhotoShop Elements 2, from CD purchased at college

    November 4 - PhotoShop Album 1, from separate CD purchased at college;
    this cd came with the one above as a bundle.

    Upon launching Album 1, she gets this message:
    "The catalog named 'My Catalog' is NEWER than this version of the
    application and cannot be read!", and nothing launches.

    I told her to uninstall both the Starter Edition ver 2 and the ver 1 that
    she installed from the CD, and to reinstall ver 1 from the CD.

    She did, but gets the same error message, and ver 1 won't launch.

    I suspect that a remnant in the registry has to be found and deleted, but
    I can't walk her through that on the phone.

    We'd also try a restore but there's too many changes that have been made
    since August.

    Anyone know of another way to fix or troubleshoot this?

    Thanks, I'd really like to get this going for her.

    (The machine runs XPHome.)

    Bruce

    Bruce, Nov 11, 2004

  2. I suggest CCleaner You should be able to find the download location
    with a little Goggle search. It is good at finding and correcting these
    kind of problems.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math