    version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
    this? Thanks.
    , Jan 23, 2007

  2. Paul Heslop Guest

    wrote:

    > A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
    > there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a while.
    > I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
    > version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
    > this? Thanks.

    See if you can find a free trial of MGI Photosuite and in the Fun
    section and special effects it has a colouring book option, which does
    what you want and is variable, or at least the version I have does.
    There are probably lots of progs that do it, but finding them is
    something else
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Jan 24, 2007

  3. You can also use Alien Skins new SnapArt plug-in. I has a comic option that
    works surprisingly well. http://www.alienskin.com

    ljc

    --
    Do not assume that because I didn't reply to your comments that you are
    correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You

    Little Juice Coupe, Jan 24, 2007
  4. George Kerby Guest

    Got a Mac?
    If not, get one...
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/imaging_3d/comiclife.html

    George Kerby, Jan 24, 2007
  5. C J Campbell Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:41:28 -0800, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
    > there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a
    > while.
    > I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
    > version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
    > this? Thanks.

    Is there a PC version of Comic Life?

    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor
    C J Campbell, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
    link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
    version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
    stupid.

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Jan 25, 2007
  8. George Kerby Guest

    On 1/24/07 1:48 PM, in article , "Paul
    Heslop" <> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >>
    >> Got a Mac?
    >> If not, get one...
    >> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/imaging_3d/comiclife.html

    > expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

    But soooooo much fun!

    George Kerby, Jan 25, 2007
  9. Paul Heslop Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > On 1/24/07 1:48 PM, in article , "Paul
    > Heslop" <> wrote:
    >
    > > George Kerby wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Got a Mac?
    > >> If not, get one...
    > >> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/imaging_3d/comiclife.html

    > > expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

    > But soooooo much fun!

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    I did enjoy having a go at one but that was years ago, and now I am
    rooted in my silly old windows ways.

    Paul Heslop, Jan 25, 2007
  10. C J Campbell Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:55:23 -0800, Little Juice Coupe wrote
    (in article <45b7fff4$0$80070$>):

    > Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
    > link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
    > version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
    > stupid.

    No doubt. However, I wonder if there is something similar for PCs.

    C J Campbell, Jan 25, 2007
  11. Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>, C J
    Campbell <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:55:23 -0800, Little Juice Coupe wrote
    > (in article <45b7fff4$0$80070$>):
    >
    > > Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
    > > link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
    > > version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
    > > stupid.

    > No doubt. However, I wonder if there is something similar for PCs.

    I looked at this when it was posted the other day - looks interesting,
    but the price was too high ($95) for the amount of use I'd get out of
    it. It's apparently based upon PS actions ("The PencilPixel One-Click
    Photoshop Actions have been tested on Macintosh and Windows versions of
    Photoshop 7, CS and CS2."). The example of "cartoon" output looks
    quite nice.

    > <> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital Subject:
    > Photoshop Actions Date: 18 Jan 2007 10:59:08 -0800 Organization:
    > http://groups.google.com Lines: 8 Message-ID:
    > <>

    posting-account=jRAeLg0AAADcxszliHc0IYL5PmTAxWTu Xref:
    number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com rec.photo.digital:1448880

    > Hi all. I work for PencilPixels and thought that our product would be
    > of interest here. We have just released our first software called
    > Pencil Pixels. It is a unique set of 20 Photoshop actions that offer
    > a one-mouse-click transformation of images into realistic art media
    > styles. If you are interested please visit our website,
    > http://www.pencilpixels.com/ Jan

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 25, 2007
  12. Justin C Guest

    On 2007-01-24, Paul Heslop <> wrote:
    > George Kerby wrote:
    >>
    >> Got a Mac?
    >> If not, get one...
    >> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/imaging_3d/comiclife.html

    > expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

    Not really, when professional software suites cost more than a new
    machine, it could be a bargain!

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C by the sea.
    Justin C, Jan 25, 2007
  13. Mike Fields Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a
    >function
    > there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it
    > in a while.
    > I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a
    > trial
    > version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to
    > do just
    > this? Thanks.

    Have a look at this thread where the cartoon effect was being
    discussed for Photodex slideshow software. The one guy has
    some examples and effects on his website.
    http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=1607&start=15

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Jan 26, 2007
  14. Paul Heslop Guest

    Justin C wrote:

    > On 2007-01-24, Paul Heslop <> wrote:
    > > George Kerby wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Got a Mac?
    > >> If not, get one...
    > >> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/imaging_3d/comiclife.html

    > > expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

    > Not really, when professional software suites cost more than a new
    > machine, it could be a bargain!
    >
    > Justin.
    >
    > --
    > Justin C by the sea.

    :O)) good point!
    Paul Heslop, Jan 26, 2007
  15. kena Guest

    I think Flash Album Studio would do.
    http://www.flash-slide-show.com/flash-album-studio.php?sid=3

    On Jan 24, 7:41 am, wrote:
    > A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
    > there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a while.
    > I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
    > version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
    > this? Thanks.

    ---- Color your digital life ---
    Complete Solutions for You Picture Slideshow
    http://flashslideshow.blogspot.com
    kena, Jan 26, 2007
  16. George Kerby Guest

    On 1/25/07 12:21 PM, in article 250120071021527990%,
    "Ken Lucke" <> wrote:

    > In article <>, C J
    > Campbell <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:55:23 -0800, Little Juice Coupe wrote
    >> (in article <45b7fff4$0$80070$>):
    >>
    >>> Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
    >>> link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
    >>> version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
    >>> stupid.

    >> No doubt. However, I wonder if there is something similar for PCs.

    > I looked at this when it was posted the other day - looks interesting,
    > but the price was too high ($95) for the amount of use I'd get out of
    > it. It's apparently based upon PS actions ("The PencilPixel One-Click
    > Photoshop Actions have been tested on Macintosh and Windows versions of
    > Photoshop 7, CS and CS2."). The example of "cartoon" output looks
    > quite nice.

    http://www.macworld.com/products/eddy05/Comic-Life-1.2.php
    Twenty-five bucks

    George Kerby, Jan 26, 2007
  17. Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <C1DF9DE3.16F13%>, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    > On 1/25/07 12:21 PM, in article 250120071021527990%,
    > "Ken Lucke" <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, C J
    > > Campbell <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:55:23 -0800, Little Juice Coupe wrote
    > >> (in article <45b7fff4$0$80070$>):

    > >> No doubt. However, I wonder if there is something similar for PCs.

    > > I looked at this when it was posted the other day - looks interesting,
    > > but the price was too high ($95) for the amount of use I'd get out of
    > > it. It's apparently based upon PS actions ("The PencilPixel One-Click
    > > Photoshop Actions have been tested on Macintosh and Windows versions of
    > > Photoshop 7, CS and CS2."). The example of "cartoon" output looks
    > > quite nice.
    > >

    > http://www.macworld.com/products/eddy05/Comic-Life-1.2.php
    > Twenty-five bucks

    Oh, *I* HAVE Comic-Life (never use it, but I _have_ it :^). I was
    pointing out an alternative for the OP who appeared to be on Windows.

    <snip>

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 26, 2007
  18. Mike Fields Guest

    "Ken Lucke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <C1DF9DE3.16F13%>, George Kerby
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Oh, *I* HAVE Comic-Life (never use it, but I _have_ it :^). I was
    > pointing out an alternative for the OP who appeared to be on Windows.
    >

    > <snip>

    I thought *windows* was Comic-life ????

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Jan 26, 2007
  19. Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>, Mike Fields
    <spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet> wrote:

    > "Ken Lucke" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <C1DF9DE3.16F13%>, George Kerby
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > [snip]
    > >

    > > Oh, *I* HAVE Comic-Life (never use it, but I _have_ it :^). I was
    > > pointing out an alternative for the OP who appeared to be on Windows.
    > >

    > > <snip>

    > I thought *windows* was Comic-life ????

    Now, now... no need to disparage the less advantaged...

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 26, 2007