    i am running win98se for info

    any recommendations would be grateful

    cheers

    sunny, Aug 13, 2004

  2. sunny

    ICee Guest

    sunny wrote:
    > Im looking for a free program that will enable me to turn approx 150
    > photos into a slideshow format with an mp3 sound file as background
    > music. I then want to put this onto cd either in mpeg format or vcd
    > format.
    >
    > i am running win98se for info
    >

    > any recommendations would be grateful
    >
    > cheers

    PicturesToExe
    http://www.wnsoft.com/

    ICee, Aug 13, 2004

  3. sunny

    jackyin Guest

    try this one
    http://ccdtovcd.sourceforge.net/

    jackyin, Aug 13, 2004
  4. sunny

    ICee Guest

    No thanks, but perhaps the OP may be interested.

    ICee, Aug 13, 2004
  5. sunny

    DD Guest

    I have just made a slideshow with background music and captions of over
    160 digital photographs that I took in Tahiti. I then burnt them to CD
    in VCD format so that they would play on a TV through a standard DVD
    player; it was not easy but I managed to do it with great satisfaction
    using VCD Easy and Slide Show Movie Maker. There are step by step
    instructions at:

    http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Guides&id=Transitions

    The home page for VCD Easy is:

    http://www.vcdeasy.org/

    Good luck!

    DD

    DD, Aug 13, 2004
  6. sunny

    Ionizer Guest

    "sunny" <> wrote in message
    > Im looking for a free program that will enable me to turn approx 150

    photos
    > into a slideshow format with an mp3 sound file as background music. I

    then
    > want to put this onto cd either in mpeg format or vcd format.
    >
    > i am running win98se for info
    >

    > any recommendations would be grateful
    >
    > cheers

    Just two weeks ago, I decided to assemble over 100 pictures of our cats
    into a slideshow, accompanied by mp3 music (Al Stewart's "Year Of The
    Cat," naturally.) The resulting VCD brought a tear to my wife's eye, and
    the process was remarkably easy using the fully-functional free trial
    version of "MemoriesOnTV" http://www.picturetotv.com/index.htm (The free
    trial version places the text "evaluation copy" into your slideshow.) It
    features a wide array of transitional effects, and uses what they refer to
    as the "Ken Burns Effect," a slow pan and zoom of each picture in the
    slideshow. I enjoyed the final result enough that I ended up purchasing
    it.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 13, 2004
  7. sunny

    ProfGene Guest

    Most video editing programs will do this but most of them are not free.
    There are some free video editing programs but I am not certain they have
    the capacity to add stills because I haven't had one of them in a long time.
    I use Ulead which is not free but does all that you want. There was a
    shareware program that made an avi from stills but I don't know if you could
    add sound. Yahoo had a program called Showmotion that was free for putting
    together a slide show with stills. If you had ME it comes with Window's
    Movie Maker which will insert stills. I doubt that Microsoft offers this
    program seperately but you could check.

    ProfGene, Aug 13, 2004