photos online

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by business101, Jul 17, 2005.

  1. business101

    business101 Guest

    We finally have a free version of Appos. If you want to try it out
    please let me know what you think. It is a Java program that runs on
    your computer (windows only) that allows you to host photos and such.
    Also you can email photos be hosted on your computer (to be shown on
    livejournal.com
    or other sites).

    It is a pretty simple way to host some photos and blogs on your own
    computer, for free!

    You must have a good internet connection (it uses your computer to
    serve the photos).

    Download it here

    http://www.appos.com/install/appos.jar

    some info on it here
    http://www.pixshots.com/

    business101, Jul 17, 2005

  2. business101

    Andy Dee Guest

    business101 wrote:

    >We finally have a free version of Appos. If you want to try it out
    >please let me know what you think. It is a Java program that runs on
    >your computer (windows only) that allows you to host photos and such.
    >Also you can email photos be hosted on your computer (to be shown on
    >livejournal.com
    >or other sites).
    >
    >It is a pretty simple way to host some photos and blogs on your own
    >computer, for free!
    >

    >You must have a good internet connection (it uses your computer to
    >serve the photos).
    >

    >Download it here
    >

    >http://www.appos.com/install/appos.jar
    >

    >some info on it here
    >http://www.pixshots.com/

    So what is wrong with a "proper" web server (free), then one of the many
    (free) photo gallery apps ?

    Windows only ? Isn't Java "supposed" to be platform independant ?

    Ah well.... back to the digital darkroom.

    Andy Dee, Jul 17, 2005