    Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    Thanks,

    , Oct 4, 2005

  2. XPD Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
    > on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
    > Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    > Thanks,

    Heh most DVD players will accept a CD full of JPGs wthout an issue....
    Anyway, one fancy way to do it, is with this prog :
    http://www.codejam.com/motv.htm
    It basically takes your JPGs and makes them into a VCD/DVD, with fades/wipes
    and music etc. Ive made quite a few now for family and friends and theyve
    loved it :)

    XPD, Oct 4, 2005

  3. EMB Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/7937k

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 4, 2005
  4. E. Scrooge Guest

    > wrote:
    > > How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
    > > on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
    > > Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    > > Thanks,

    By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.

    Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
    also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
    DSE DVD player will do what you want.
    I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
    play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Oct 4, 2005
  5. XP Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 10:18:56 -0700, wrote:

    >How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
    >on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
    >Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    >Thanks,

    This is Great software for doing this..

    http://site.magix.net/english-us/home/photo/?version=

    XP, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Guest

    My problem was WinXP's built in burner software. Tried another pc with
    Adaptec burning software and it now works sweet.
    Thanks for all who inputed, K

    , Oct 5, 2005
  7. GraB Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >> wrote:
    >> > How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
    >> > on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
    >> > Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    >> > Thanks,

    >By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
    >
    >Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
    >also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
    >DSE DVD player will do what you want.
    >I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
    >play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    GraB, Oct 5, 2005
  8. Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (*sling)> wrote:

    > >By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
    > >
    > >Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players, they'll
    > >also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
    > >DSE DVD player will do what you want.
    > >I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that wouldn't
    > >play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
    > >
    > >E. Scrooge
    > >

    > From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    > name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    > formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    Simply put, there has been a big push from China to develop its own
    standards to compete with DVD. SVCD is a Chinese government sponsored
    standard and is very popular in Asia. So Chinese hardware will play all
    these myriad of standards well, whereas other manufacturers who stick to
    the official standards won't.

    Rob J, Oct 5, 2005
  9. XP Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 10:18:56 -0700, wrote:

    >How do I make a picture CD to use my DVD player to display jpg photos
    >on my TV? I have a Philips DVD recorder which says it will accept
    >Picture CD. Simply burning the jpegs to CD does not work.
    >Thanks,

    There is a Web site that will give you all your details on your DVD Player..

    I think this is it..

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...h&minidvd=1&divx=1&Search=Search&orderby=Name

    XP, Oct 5, 2005
  10. E. Scrooge Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:40:34 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (*sling)> wrote:

    >>By Picture CD Philips will mean a proper Kodak CD of pictures.
    >>
    >>Simply just putting jpegs on a CD does work with many cheap players,
    >>they'll
    >>also play them in a slideshow with transitions between each one. A cheap
    >>DSE DVD player will do what you want.
    >>I've seen a Sony and a Panasonic DVD players in the same house that
    >>wouldn't
    >>play my VCDs, any cheap DVD player will.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge
    >>

    > From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    > name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    > formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
    far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
    they couldn't play that format.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Oct 5, 2005
  11. XPD Guest

    > > From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    > > name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    > > formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    > I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
    > far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
    > they couldn't play that format.

    Friends have a top branded DVD recorder and that wont play VCD/SVCD at all.
    I was highly surprised.... so were they, especially since I put all their
    trip photos onto one for compatibility (hah right).

    XPD, Oct 5, 2005
  12. XP Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:33:25 +1300, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >> > From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    >> > name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    >> > formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    >> I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
    >> far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
    >> they couldn't play that format.

    >Friends have a top branded DVD recorder and that wont play VCD/SVCD at all.
    >I was highly surprised.... so were they, especially since I put all their
    >trip photos onto one for compatibility (hah right).

    Use the Magix software, its made for the Job..

    XP, Oct 5, 2005
  13. Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > > > From what I have heard in other groups and other forums about top
    > > > name-brand DVD players, having problems playing different media and
    > > > formats, even marked discs, it seems the big brand names are slipping.

    > > I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
    > > far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
    > > they couldn't play that format.

    > Friends have a top branded DVD recorder and that wont play VCD/SVCD at all.
    > I was highly surprised.... so were they, especially since I put all their
    > trip photos onto one for compatibility (hah right).

    VCD although developed as the White Book standard is not popular with
    the entertainment moguls because of no copy protection or region coding.
    But it is very popular in Asia due to low costs.

    SVCD is a Chinese Government standard the idea being to create an
    indigenous alternative to DVD without licensing problems. At the moment
    it is not an international standard.

    So if you buy an Asian player it is likely to support these standards.

    Rob J, Oct 5, 2005
  14. XP Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:01:43 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > I was sure most top brands could play CDRs. On the VCDs I made it got as
    >> > far as the menu but wouldn't play it. 1 was a SVCD so I wasn't surprised
    >> > they couldn't play that format.

    >> Friends have a top branded DVD recorder and that wont play VCD/SVCD at all.
    >> I was highly surprised.... so were they, especially since I put all their
    >> trip photos onto one for compatibility (hah right).

    >VCD although developed as the White Book standard is not popular with
    >the entertainment moguls because of no copy protection or region coding.
    >But it is very popular in Asia due to low costs.
    >
    >SVCD is a Chinese Government standard the idea being to create an
    >indigenous alternative to DVD without licensing problems. At the moment
    >it is not an international standard.
    >
    >So if you buy an Asian player it is likely to support these standards.

    Who needs a Special DVD player, no you don't, I have a Friend that does this
    Full time almost, putting Photos on DVD, and he just uses the Magix stuff to
    do that.

    So why get so off track..

    XP, Oct 5, 2005