Photos of Scriptas

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, May 17, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, May 17, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. mmyvusenet

    Chris H Guest

    In message <>, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes
    >mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    >
    >Stop taking photographs! Because you're getting
    >incrementally worse.


    I have to agree. The trouble is he only takes one or two different
    subjects. He needs to get out and a bout a bit and vary what he takes to
    learn composition.

    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris H, May 17, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. mmyvusenet

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, May 17, 2010
    #3
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, May 17, 2010
    #4
  5. mmyvusenet

    Paul Furman Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:
    > Paul Furman escribió
    >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >>
    >> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to improve
    >> this composition?

    >
    > Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/


    For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the
    left corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.
     
    Paul Furman, May 17, 2010
    #5
  6. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    news:hss4mh$spp$-september.org...
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Paul Furman escribió
    >>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>
    >>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to improve
    >>> this composition?

    >>
    >> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >
    > For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the left
    > corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.


    I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position to
    take the photo.
     
    Tim Conway, May 17, 2010
    #6
  7. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 17/05/2010 03:43, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/


    Foot cut off, unsightly surroundings, bad reflection, taken from above.

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/


    Too close to top border, distracting clear triangle at lower left, nice
    head position but hard to see against the carapace.

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/


    Turtle hard to see against background. Human cut off.

    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYV
    > http://www.mmyv.com
    >
    >



    --
    Bertrand
     
    Ofnuts, May 17, 2010
    #7
  8. On Mon, 17 May 2010 15:22:24 -0400, "Tim Conway" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    >news:hss4mh$spp$-september.org...
    >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> Paul Furman escribió
    >>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>>
    >>>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to improve
    >>>> this composition?
    >>>
    >>> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >>
    >> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the left
    >> corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.

    >
    >I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position to
    >take the photo.
    >


    This is like watching hopeful but sadly unrealistic parents coaching their
    "special adult child" in how to use a fork to eat his food without poking
    himself in the eye again -- and again -- and again -- their whole lives.
     
    Charles Chase, May 17, 2010
    #8
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tim Conway" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hss523$dvr$-september.org...
    >
    > "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > news:hss4mh$spp$-september.org...
    >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> Paul Furman escribió
    >>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>>
    >>>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to improve
    >>>> this composition?
    >>>
    >>> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >>
    >> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the left
    >> corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.

    >
    > I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position to
    > take the photo.



    Tim is as you say, and a characteristc is the speed of movement that are out
    of water.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 17, 2010
    #9
  10. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4bf1a55c$0$9208$...
    > On 17/05/2010 03:43, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >
    > Foot cut off, unsightly surroundings, bad reflection, taken from above.
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/

    >
    > Too close to top border, distracting clear triangle at lower left, nice
    > head position but hard to see against the carapace.
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    >
    > Turtle hard to see against background. Human cut off.



    I did a replace with this new photo:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    Thanks for your comments.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 17, 2010
    #10
  11. mmyvusenet

    otter Guest

    On May 17, 4:55 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:4bf1a55c$0$9208$...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On 17/05/2010 03:43, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > >> Hello

    >
    > >> Today I took these photos about these varieties:

    >
    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >
    > > Foot cut off, unsightly surroundings, bad reflection, taken from above.

    >
    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/

    >
    > > Too close to top border, distracting clear triangle at lower left, nice
    > > head position but hard to see against the carapace.

    >
    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    >
    > > Turtle hard to see against background. Human cut off.

    >
    > I did a replace with this new photo:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    There's not much you can do to rescue these photos, given the
    background. Sometimes pictures are just not worth taking. You could
    try using photoshop to blur the background (or replace with something
    else). But somehow don't think it will be worth the effort.

    I've taken many pictures like this myself at aquariums, but they
    didn't survive the "what was I thinking?" question when reviewed
    later. Ask yourself this. Is this something you would frame and put
    on a wall?
     
    otter, May 17, 2010
    #11
  12. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Charles Chase wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 May 2010 15:22:24 -0400, "Tim Conway"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > > news:hss4mh$spp$-september.org...
    > >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    > >>> Paul Furman escribió
    > >>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    > > > > > >
    > >>>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    > > > > > >
    > >>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    > > > > >
    > >>>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to

    > improve >>>> this composition?
    > > > >
    > >>> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    > >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    > > >
    > >> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in

    > the left >> corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete
    > behind it.
    > >
    > > I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his
    > > position to take the photo.
    > >

    >
    > This is like watching hopeful but sadly unrealistic parents coaching
    > their "special adult child" in how to use a fork to eat his food
    > without poking himself in the eye again -- and again -- and again --
    > their whole lives.


    However cruel your analogy, it is sadly true :eek:(

    MC
     
    MC, May 18, 2010
    #12
  13. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "otter" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On May 17, 4:55 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:4bf1a55c$0$9208$...
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > On 17/05/2010 03:43, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> >> Hello

    >>
    >> >> Today I took these photos about these varieties:

    >>
    >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >>
    >> > Foot cut off, unsightly surroundings, bad reflection, taken from above.

    >>
    >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/

    >>
    >> > Too close to top border, distracting clear triangle at lower left, nice
    >> > head position but hard to see against the carapace.

    >>
    >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    >>
    >> > Turtle hard to see against background. Human cut off.

    >>
    >> I did a replace with this new photo:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > There's not much you can do to rescue these photos, given the
    > background. Sometimes pictures are just not worth taking. You could
    > try using photoshop to blur the background (or replace with something
    > else). But somehow don't think it will be worth the effort.
    >
    > I've taken many pictures like this myself at aquariums, but they
    > didn't survive the "what was I thinking?" question when reviewed
    > later. Ask yourself this. Is this something you would frame and put
    > on a wall?



    I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    Thanks for your comments.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 18, 2010
    #13
  14. mmyvusenet

    otter Guest

    On May 17, 7:05 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > "otter" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On May 17, 4:55 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > >> "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    > >> noticias:4bf1a55c$0$9208$...

    >
    > >> > On 17/05/2010 03:43, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > >> >> Hello

    >
    > >> >> Today I took these photos about these varieties:

    >
    > >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/

    >
    > >> > Foot cut off, unsightly surroundings, bad reflection, taken from above.

    >
    > >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183774/

    >
    > >> > Too close to top border, distracting clear triangle at lower left, nice
    > >> > head position but hard to see against the carapace.

    >
    > >> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    >
    > >> > Turtle hard to see against background. Human cut off.

    >
    > >> I did a replace with this new photo:

    >
    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/

    >
    > >> Thanks for your comments.

    >
    > >> --
    > >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com-Hide quoted text -

    >
    > >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > > There's not much you can do to rescue these photos, given the
    > > background.  Sometimes pictures are just not worth taking.  You could
    > > try using photoshop to blur the background (or replace with something
    > > else).  But somehow don't think it will be worth the effort.

    >
    > > I've taken many pictures like this myself at aquariums, but they
    > > didn't survive the "what was I thinking?" question when reviewed
    > > later.  Ask yourself this.  Is this something you would frame and put
    > > on a wall?

    >
    > I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Well, that DOES look a lot better than the other shots. Background is
    a little busy and distracts from the subject, which should be the
    turtle's head. But at least it is not green slime on a metal plate.
     
    otter, May 18, 2010
    #14
  15. mmyvusenet

    Paul Furman Guest

    Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2010-05-17 17:05:50 -0700, "mmyvusenet" <>
    > said:
    >
    >>
    >> I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    >
    > Miguel,
    > Of all the photographs you have submitted, this is actually quite nice.
    > I hope you can see what makes it better than all of your other work.
    >
    > The composition is balanced and pleasing, and the setting does not have
    > too much of an artificial feel to it. Good work.


    keep cropping... it's a near capture
    http://edgehill.net/1/temp/scripta2-crop.jpg
     
    Paul Furman, May 18, 2010
    #15
  16. mmyvusenet

    Paul Furman Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:
    > "Tim Conway" escribió
    >> "Paul Furman" wrote
    >>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>> Paul Furman escribió
    >>>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to improve
    >>>>> this composition?
    >>>> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    >>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the left
    >>> corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.

    >>
    >> I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position to
    >> take the photo.

    >
    > Tim is as you say, and a characteristc is the speed of movement that are out
    > of water.


    Go ahead & take lots of pictures when shooting something. Move around,
    up, down, left, right, zoom... you never really know, something you
    didn't notice could make it work, or not work - then sort through the
    mess and look for one that's pleasing and/or interesting. Next time
    you'll have that in your mind when actually shooting; you'll remember
    what worked and what didn't. It takes practice.
     
    Paul Furman, May 18, 2010
    #16
  17. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2010 19:05:50 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:
    >I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >Thanks for your comments.



    The background is actually *worse*!

    With a busy background such as this, it is better to open up your lens
    aperture as wide as it will go. This will help to blur (defocus) a
    distracting background.
     
    Bruce, May 18, 2010
    #17
  18. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hst2ad$mqs$-september.org...
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> "Tim Conway" escribió
    >>> "Paul Furman" wrote
    >>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>> Paul Furman escribió
    >>>>>> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Today I took these photos about these varieties:
    >>>>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>>>> Now that you've got time to sit back & think, any ideas how to
    >>>>>> improve this composition?
    >>>>> Hello, I did a change in this photo:
    >>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183768/
    >>>> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the
    >>>> left corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind
    >>>> it.
    >>>
    >>> I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position
    >>> to take the photo.

    >>
    >> Tim is as you say, and a characteristc is the speed of movement that are
    >> out of water.

    >
    > Go ahead & take lots of pictures when shooting something. Move around, up,
    > down, left, right, zoom... you never really know, something you didn't
    > notice could make it work, or not work - then sort through the mess and
    > look for one that's pleasing and/or interesting. Next time you'll have
    > that in your mind when actually shooting; you'll remember what worked and
    > what didn't. It takes practice.



    Thanks for your suggestion, taking advantage of Flickr can also add short
    videos I also will try to do some about it, while I uploaded these three
    videos:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4619575637/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4620311528/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4619763315/

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com


    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 19, 2010
    #18
  19. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hst1rr$ln2$-september.org...
    > Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2010-05-17 17:05:50 -0700, "mmyvusenet" <>
    >> said:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your comments.

    >>
    >> Miguel,
    >> Of all the photographs you have submitted, this is actually quite nice. I
    >> hope you can see what makes it better than all of your other work.
    >>
    >> The composition is balanced and pleasing, and the setting does not have
    >> too much of an artificial feel to it. Good work.

    >
    > keep cropping... it's a near capture
    > http://edgehill.net/1/temp/scripta2-crop.jpg



    Very interesting.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 19, 2010
    #19
  20. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:2010051718284027544-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
    > On 2010-05-17 17:05:50 -0700, "mmyvusenet" <>
    > said:
    >
    >>
    >> I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    >
    > Miguel,
    > Of all the photographs you have submitted, this is actually quite nice. I
    > hope you can see what makes it better than all of your other work.
    >
    > The composition is balanced and pleasing, and the setting does not have
    > too much of an artificial feel to it. Good work.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck



    Hi, thanks for your comment, lime, began overcast days, where the humidity
    increases at each time of day, I'll try somehow to reflect the moment.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
     
    mmyvusenet, May 19, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?amFzb24=?=

    saving photos as mpeg or gif

    =?Utf-8?B?amFzb24=?=, May 21, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    470
    =?Utf-8?B?amFzb24=?=
    May 21, 2004
  2. beachpirate2

    Misc mountain photos and beach sunrise photos

    beachpirate2, Nov 12, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    632
    Paul Heslop
    Nov 12, 2003
  3. Iconoclast

    Are digital photos better than B/W photos?

    Iconoclast, Dec 11, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    717
    Steve House
    Jan 24, 2004
  4. Replies:
    8
    Views:
    650
    kz8rt3
    Aug 20, 2005
  5. Patrick Briggs
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    1,023
    Marvin
    Feb 20, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page