Photos of Pterois volitans

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Nov 22, 2009.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Nov 22, 2009

  2. mmyvusenet

    Toxic Guest

    Toxic, Nov 22, 2009

  3. mmyvusenet

    Dartagnon Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:43:14 +0000 (UTC), Toxic <staring@my_hd.tv> wrote:

    >On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:19:01 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I did these photos of this species in these two moments:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123706152/

    >Great illustration of it camoflage ability

    Poor focus, poor exposure, poor white balance, poor composition.

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123331062/

    >Would be nice to come back after the mall is closed
    >and the background is dark.

    Out of focus, poorly composed. Human bodies sticking out of the lion-fish's
    head and fins. Corner of the tank makes the fish look like it is an
    artificial-mount stuck on a display rod. About as attractive as a candle on
    a wall sticking out of someone's head. Typical snapshooter's mistakes made
    by any 6 year old with a camera in their hands. Do you people know nothing
    about paying attention to details?

    Due to the two vastly different light sources the lion-fish in the tank
    would have had to been shot independently of the mall scene, then blended.
    Or use advanced masking techniques in an attempt to repair both from one
    shot.

    What are you people? Rejects from Fickr's every-photo-is-fantastic
    brain-dead-fan clubs?
    Dartagnon, Nov 22, 2009
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "rwalker" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:19:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>I did these photos of this species in these two moments:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123706152/
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123331062/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > I like these. The first one shows nicely how the fish blends into its
    > surroundings. I like the effect of the second one, making it look
    > like the fish is part of the surrounding scenery.

    Hello rwalker, each moment is like you say, thanks for answer.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4104629706/

    I expect to take photos about Tropical Fishes in a very soon travel to
    Iquitos, Perú, where begins the Amazon River.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Nov 23, 2009
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "George Kerby" <> escribió en el mensaje

    > On 11/21/09 9:19 PM, in article ,
    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I did these photos of this species in these two moments:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123706152/
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123331062/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > It looks cyanotic.

    Hello, thanks for your comments, It is marine species:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4104629706/

    When I will travel to Amazon River, I expect to take photos of several
    species, like for example Rays when are eating.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Nov 23, 2009
  6. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:06:33 -0600, George Kerby <>
    wrote:

    >On 11/23/09 2:00 PM, in article ,
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Toxic" <staring@my_hd.tv> escribió en el mensaje

    >>> Great illustration of it camoflage ability

    >>> Would be nice to come back after the mall is closed
    >>> and the background is dark.

    >> Hello, thanks for your comments, yes, It is a marine specie
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4104629706/
    >>

    >You ever see what one of those does with a goldfish?

    Goldfish don't usually survive long enough in salt-water for a lion-fish or
    scorpion-fish to be attracted to them as food. Lion-fish and scorpion-fish
    don't eat dead foods nor carrion.

    Go educate yourself, you fucked-up and amazingly ignorant troll.
    Outing Trolls is FUN!, Nov 24, 2009
  7. mmyvusenet

    -hh Guest

    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgsIs3fMI>
    -hh, Nov 24, 2009
  8. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:26:03 -0500, rwalker <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:44:40 -0800 (PST), -hh
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgsIs3fMI>

    >What do you know? The P&S troll knows about as much about fish as he
    >does about photography.

    What do you know? Read the comments on that video. He knows more than you
    can even hope to know one day.
    Outing Trolls is FUN!, Nov 24, 2009
  9. mmyvusenet

    Charlie Groh Guest

    On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 03:29:24 -0600, Dartagnon
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:43:14 +0000 (UTC), Toxic <staring@my_hd.tv> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:19:01 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> I did these photos of this species in these two moments:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123706152/

    >>Great illustration of it camoflage ability

    >Poor focus, poor exposure, poor white balance, poor composition.
    >

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4123331062/

    >>Would be nice to come back after the mall is closed
    >>and the background is dark.

    >Out of focus, poorly composed. Human bodies sticking out of the lion-fish's
    >head and fins. Corner of the tank makes the fish look like it is an
    >artificial-mount stuck on a display rod. About as attractive as a candle on
    >a wall sticking out of someone's head. Typical snapshooter's mistakes made
    >by any 6 year old with a camera in their hands. Do you people know nothing
    >about paying attention to details?
    >
    >Due to the two vastly different light sources the lion-fish in the tank
    >would have had to been shot independently of the mall scene, then blended.
    >Or use advanced masking techniques in an attempt to repair both from one
    >shot.
    >
    >What are you people? Rejects from Fickr's every-photo-is-fantastic
    >brain-dead-fan clubs?

    ....your nuts are so numb it's good for humanity you can't reproduce.

    cg
    Charlie Groh, Nov 25, 2009
  10. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:12:35 +1000, Bob Larter <>
    wrote:

    >rwalker wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:44:40 -0800 (PST), -hh
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgsIs3fMI>

    >> What do you know? The P&S troll knows about as much about fish as he
    >> does about photography.

    >Or electronics...

    Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
    Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
    alt.kook.lionel-lauer (established on, or before, 2004)
    Registered Description: "the 'owner of several troll domains' needs a group where he'll stay on topic."

    <http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&num=10&as_ugroup=alt.kook.lionel-lauer>

    "Results 1 - 10 of about 2,170 for group:alt.kook.lionel-lauer."
    Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up., Nov 25, 2009
  11. mmyvusenet

    Bob Larter Guest

    rwalker wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:44:40 -0800 (PST), -hh
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgsIs3fMI>

    > What do you know? The P&S troll knows about as much about fish as he
    > does about photography.

    Or electronics...

    Bob Larter, Nov 25, 2009