    careful on or should I carry my camera around (Oly C750) in a sandwich bag!

    Thanks, hopefully there are still some of you left on the group.

    Robin, Edmonton, Alberta
    Robin S, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Robin S

    steve Guest

    A doubled up ziplock bag for the water rides at least -- plus a pack
    with nice padding and a towel.

    You must be brave, its been below 70 F here -- (cold by California
    standards) Who would go on a water ride in those conditions ;)

    Steve

    steve, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Robin S wrote:
    > I am doing the DisneyLand thing with my family next week (first trip)
    > I hear there are lots of water rides and splashes etc. Any hints on
    > what to be careful on or should I carry my camera around (Oly C750)
    > in a sandwich bag!
    >
    > Thanks, hopefully there are still some of you left on the group.
    >
    > Robin, Edmonton, Alberta

    I suggest a freezer bag, they are a lot more durable

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Robin S

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    steve wrote:

    > You must be brave, its been below 70 F here -- (cold by California
    > standards) Who would go on a water ride in those conditions ;)

    A Canadian? ;-)

    >> Robin, Edmonton, Alberta

    70F is probably considered a Turkish bath over there... :)
    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Robin S

    Robin S Guest

    > A Canadian? ;-)
    >
    > >> Robin, Edmonton, Alberta

    > 70F is probably considered a Turkish bath over there... :)

    You guessed right! Actually today it got up above 32F 3 weeks ago it dipped
    down to -40F So believe me the weather and or water is not going to be a
    problem!

    Robin
    Robin S, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Robin S

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hey, that's toasty warm weather!

    I was kinda hoping Robin had room for a couple more -
    an old man a just barely teenage grandaughter :)

    Have fun, Robin. :)

    Ken
    (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

    Ken Weitzel, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Robin S

    RAD Guest

    Robin S wrote:
    > I am doing the DisneyLand thing with my family next week (first trip) I hear
    > there are lots of water rides and splashes etc. Any hints on what to be
    > careful on or should I carry my camera around (Oly C750) in a sandwich bag!
    >
    > Thanks, hopefully there are still some of you left on the group.
    >
    > Robin, Edmonton, Alberta

    The freezer bags from ZipLoc, doubled, worked for me. They are thicker,
    and the ones with zippers are a bit easier. Don't forget a towel (also
    in a ZipLoc) just in case. Also, I kept a soft washcloth (ones for
    babies is great) in the bag for padding.

    Have fun.

    RAD (northern CA)
    RAD, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Robin S

    Mark M Guest

    "Robin S" <> wrote in message
    > I am doing the DisneyLand thing with my family next week (first trip) I

    hear
    > there are lots of water rides and splashes etc. Any hints on what to be
    > careful on or should I carry my camera around (Oly C750) in a sandwich

    bag!

    > Thanks, hopefully there are still some of you left on the group.
    >
    > Robin, Edmonton, Alberta

    Disneyland's "wet" rides are quite dry by other park's standards.
    Simply holding your camera under a coat will normally be plenty for the
    brief splash moments.

    Don't do this at Magic Mountain in the Summer though...
    Mark M, Feb 18, 2004
  9. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:52:09 -0800, steve
    <> wrote:

    >A doubled up ziplock bag for the water rides at least -- plus a pack
    >with nice padding and a towel.
    >
    >You must be brave, its been below 70 F here -- (cold by California
    >standards) Who would go on a water ride in those conditions ;)

    Are you kidding? We don't see water temperatures that high in the
    summer.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Feb 18, 2004
  10. Robin S

    Robin S Guest

    Thanks for the tips and a little "clean" humour!

    Robin

    Robin S, Feb 18, 2004
  11. Robin S

    Bob Walker Guest

    Robin,
    I've been to Disneyland dozens of times and have taken my digital
    camera on the last few visits. Your standard camera case is sufficient.
    There is NO need for any special waterproofing or plastic bags or towels or
    anything of that nature. If your just careful and use some common sense your
    camera should never get wet. There aren't as many water type rides at
    Disneyland as people are leading you to believe. The weather in Southern
    California is almost always great so don't worry. I've even been there when
    it's raining and still had a great time. I've been to a majority of the
    theme parks in the U.S. including DisneyWorld and Epcot in Florida and in my
    opinion Disneyland is the best. Have a great time!!!
    Bob

    Bob Walker, Feb 22, 2004
  12. Robin S

    Robin S Guest

    Thanks Bob ! leave for DL tomorrow 4:00 am

    Robin S, Feb 24, 2004