    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

    , Apr 11, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all.
    > I've recently bought a new ipod and have put some test photos on it
    > from my work computer and want to try and put them on my home computer.
    > I'm having a little trouble doing this however. Is there an easy way to
    > get photos from the iPod to the Computer?
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks!

    and the Computer is?

    **SS**

    SecretSquiddle, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    Sorry. The computer is a PC. Both are... Is that what you mean?

    , Apr 11, 2006
  4. y_p_w Guest

    wrote:
    > Sorry. The computer is a PC. Both are... Is that what you mean?

    How are you doing this? I don't have much experience with the
    newer photo/video capable iPods. However - Apple has made it
    nearly impossible to extract anything accessible by the iPod
    interface to a computer as a digital rights management feature.
    I know you're probabably referring to unprotected photos, but still.
    There are some unauthorized software hacks that might be able
    to do what you're asking, but I don't tend to trust them.

    iTunes is strictly one-way transfer from the host computer to the
    iPod. I suspect the new versions of iPhoto and iMovie are the
    same in that respect.

    You might be able to manually copy a photo to your iPod's hard
    drive space and copy to another machine. This would be like
    any portable hard drive or "thumb" drive.

    y_p_w, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Pat Guest

    If I remembe right, you can mount the IPOD as a disk drive and use
    Explorer (at least with a Nano). Is that what isn't working?

    If the doesn't work, I suppose you have to go ask any 16 year old.

    Pat, Apr 11, 2006
  6. y_p_w Guest

    Pat wrote:
    > If I remembe right, you can mount the IPOD as a disk drive and use
    > Explorer (at least with a Nano). Is that what isn't working?
    >
    > If the doesn't work, I suppose you have to go ask any 16 year old.

    My guess is that the OP is using iPhoto to download into the
    iPod for viewing. If that's the case, Apple has locked out the
    ability to use that as archive or for further transfer.

    y_p_w, Apr 12, 2006
  7. Robert Haar Guest

    On 2006/4/11 5:07 PM, "" <>
    wrote:

    > Hi all.
    > I've recently bought a new ipod and have put some test photos on it
    > from my work computer and want to try and put them on my home computer.
    > I'm having a little trouble doing this however. Is there an easy way to
    > get photos from the iPod to the Computer?

    How did you put the pictures on to the iPod? Did you use iTunes. If so, it
    isn't going to work the way you want. AN iPod can be paired with only one
    computer via iTunes. If you create a new paring with iTunes on another
    computer, then it first wipes out the content of the iPod. Part of the DRM
    enforcement.

    On the other hand, if you configured the iPod for file storage, it looks
    like a removable hard drive and you can drag-and-drop files to or from it
    just like an ordinary hard drive. When you connect it to the second
    computer, it should again appear as a hard drive and you copy the files off
    the same way.

    Robert Haar, Apr 12, 2006
  8. Guest

    Thanks for all your replys.
    As for pairing with different computers using iTunes, I've managed to
    use multiple computers with music downloading, so I assumed you'd be
    able to do this with photos. I can't believe that you can't use
    multiple computers with the photos tho. It's very frustrating! I
    thought it was a great idea to have photos on your iPod for when I am
    travelling. Such a shame....
    Thanks again.

    , Apr 12, 2006
  9. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    "y_p_w" <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > Sorry. The computer is a PC. Both are... Is that what you mean?

    > How are you doing this? I don't have much experience with the
    > newer photo/video capable iPods. However - Apple has made it
    > nearly impossible to extract anything accessible by the iPod
    > interface to a computer as a digital rights management feature.
    > I know you're probabably referring to unprotected photos, but still.
    > There are some unauthorized software hacks that might be able
    > to do what you're asking, but I don't tend to trust them.
    >
    > iTunes is strictly one-way transfer from the host computer to the
    > iPod. I suspect the new versions of iPhoto and iMovie are the
    > same in that respect.
    >
    > You might be able to manually copy a photo to your iPod's hard
    > drive space and copy to another machine. This would be like
    > any portable hard drive or "thumb" drive.

    I have two iPods, one of which is a nano. They both can be used as a USB
    jump drive. Just plug the thing in and access image files the same way
    you would on any disk drive.

    Shawn Hirn, Apr 13, 2006