PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim34, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Jim34

    Jim34 Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Jim34

    Mick Brown Guest

    Jim34 <> wrote in news:1190103086.022220.77500@
    22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

    > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

    Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in your
    mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    Mick Brown
    Mick Brown, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Jim34

    Guest

    On 18-Sep-2007, Mick Brown <> wrote:

    > Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    > surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in
    > your
    > mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    >
    > like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    It's the crazy leaders that need to go.
    , Sep 18, 2007
  4. Jim34

    Mick Brown Guest

    wrote in

    > On 18-Sep-2007, Mick Brown <> wrote:
    >
    >> Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was
    >> quite surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an
    >> impression in your
    >> mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was
    >> nothing
    >>
    >> like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    > If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    > It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    Don't have it, but I might be able to find a DVD or something.
    Mick Brown, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Jim34

    GetAClue Guest

    On 18 Sep 2007 10:35:30 GMT, Mick Brown <> wrote:

    > wrote in
    >

    >> On 18-Sep-2007, Mick Brown <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was
    >>> quite surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an
    >>> impression in your
    >>> mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was
    >>> nothing
    >>>
    >>> like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    >> If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    >> It's the crazy leaders that need to go.
    >>

    >Don't have it, but I might be able to find a DVD or something.

    The civilizations of the middle-east have been successfully manipulating the
    whole world with their self-victimization act and their non-existent good vs.
    evil routine for over 2000 years now. I have no desire to waste my time and
    attention on them more than they've already wasted much of my life through their
    manipulation of the media and anyone that falls for their poor-pitiful-me act. I
    have much more interesting and productive things to do than waste one more
    second of my time on those wastes of flesh. 100,000 nuclear bombs wouldn't be
    enough for them. Then everyone else could finally get on with their lives doing
    something worthwhile instead of being manipulated one more moment of their
    lives.
    GetAClue, Sep 18, 2007
  6. Jim34

    Tom Guest

    Tom, Sep 18, 2007
  7. Jim34

    Allen Guest

    wrote:
    > On 18-Sep-2007, Mick Brown <> wrote:
    >
    >> Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    >> surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in
    >> your
    >> mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    >>
    >> like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    > If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    > It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    Allen
    Allen, Sep 18, 2007
  8. "Allen" <> wrote

    > >> Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    > >> surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in
    > >> your
    > >> mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    > >>
    > >> like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    > > If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    > > It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    > Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    > Allen

    In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.

    Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
    You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
    Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
    war in a hornet nest.

    Idots.

    1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
    and tried to cover it up[2].

    2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.

    --Tedward
    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 18, 2007
  9. Jim34

    lein Guest

    On Sep 18, 1:57 am, Mick Brown <> wrote:
    > Jim34 <> wrote in news:1190103086.022220.77500@
    > 22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > >http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

    > Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    > surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in your
    > mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    > like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    You are only shown what they want you to see. Afterall, look a Cuba,
    what they show outsiders hardly compares to the other 99%.
    lein, Sep 18, 2007
  10. Jim34

    Allen Guest

    Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
    > "Allen" <> wrote

    >>> If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    >>> It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    >> Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    >> Allen

    > In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    > The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    > the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    > Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.
    >
    > Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.

    <snip>

    If you take "regarding Iran" out of that sentence you will be even
    closer to the truth.
    Allen

    Allen, Sep 18, 2007
  11. Jim34

    Guest

    On 18-Sep-2007, Allen <> wrote:

    > > If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    > > It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    > Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    > Allen

    You don't have some local Leader in mind do you ?
    , Sep 18, 2007
  12. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 10:34 am, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > "Allen" <> wrote

    > > > If you have DTV, try watching "Bridge to Iran" on Link.
    > > > It's the crazy leaders that need to go.

    > > Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    > > Allen

    > In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    > The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    > the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    > Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.
    >
    > Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
    > You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
    > Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
    > war in a hornet nest.
    >
    > Idots.
    >
    > 1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
    > and tried to cover it up[2].
    >
    > 2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.
    >
    > --Tedward

    I think it's pretty clear that Iran is a rogue nation. All you have to
    do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the Iranian populace
    is pro-Western and secular is simply wishful thinking. If that were
    the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  13. "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > > > Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    > > > Allen

    > > In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    > > The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    > > the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    > > Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.
    > >
    > > Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
    > > You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
    > > Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
    > > war in a hornet nest.
    > >
    > > Idots.
    > >
    > > 1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
    > > and tried to cover it up[2].
    > >
    > > 2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.
    > >
    > > --Tedward

    > I think it's pretty clear America is a rogue nation. All you have to
    > do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the American populace
    > is not conservative pro-lifers is simply wishful thinking. If that were
    > the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

    IFYPFY.

    I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    the liberal was *too* liberal.

    --Tedward
    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 18, 2007
  14. Jim34

    T Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sep 18, 10:34 am, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > > "Allen" <> wrote

    > > > Correct. But that problem certainly is not limited to Iran.
    > > > Allen

    > > In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    > > The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    > > the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    > > Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.
    > >
    > > Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
    > > You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
    > > Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
    > > war in a hornet nest.
    > >
    > > Idots.
    > >
    > > 1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
    > > and tried to cover it up[2].
    > >
    > > 2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.
    > >
    > > --Tedward

    > I think it's pretty clear that Iran is a rogue nation. All you have to
    > do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the Iranian populace
    > is pro-Western and secular is simply wishful thinking. If that were
    > the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

    Then again, listen to George W. Bush from another perspective and
    Amadinejahd's rantings sound almost sane.
    T, Sep 18, 2007
  15. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 3:08 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > > > In Teheran, there were candlelight vigils after 9-11[1].
    > > > The Iranian populace is largely pro-Western and secular,
    > > > the extremist Islamic revolution (largely due to the
    > > > Shah's corruption) notwithstanding.

    > > > Our foreign policy regarding Iran is counterproductive.
    > > > You want a foothold for democracy in the Middle East?
    > > > Try diplomacy with a potentially friendly country, not
    > > > war in a hornet nest.

    > > > Idots.

    > > > 1. Even though we shot down a civilian Airbus flight
    > > > and tried to cover it up[2].

    > > > 2. Somebody invade Washington, D.C.

    > > > --Tedward

    > > I think it's pretty clear America is a rogue nation. All you have to
    > > do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the American populace
    > > is not conservative pro-lifers is simply wishful thinking. If that were
    > > the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

    > IFYPFY.
    >
    > I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    > the liberal was *too* liberal.
    >
    > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
    politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
    school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
    religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
    religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
    political argument.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  16. Jim34

    Tom Enright Guest

    On Sep 18, 4:57 am, Mick Brown <> wrote:
    > Jim34 <> wrote in news:1190103086.022220.77500@
    > 22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > >http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

    > Forgetting the polital motives of this post, I must say that I was quite
    > surprised at those images, isn't it funny how you get an impression in your
    > mind of what a place is like after watching years of TV. That was nothing
    > like how I thought Iran would look, especially the snow.

    Munich in '38 was beautiful too.

    -Tom Enright

    Tom Enright, Sep 18, 2007
  17. "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > > > I think it's pretty clear America is a rogue nation. All you have to
    > > > do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the American populace
    > > > is not conservative pro-lifers is simply wishful thinking. If that were
    > > > the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

    > > IFYPFY.
    > >
    > > I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    > > the liberal was *too* liberal.
    > >
    > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
    > politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
    > school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
    > religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
    > religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
    > political argument.

    Again, that has nothing to do with my original assertion, that
    Iran would be better country to get a foothold in democracy than
    Iraq. Hell, they're half way there.

    --Tedward
    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 18, 2007
  18. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "trijcomm" <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 18, 3:08 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > > "trijcomm" <> wrote

    was quite

    impression in

    was nothing

    > > > I think it's pretty clear America is a rogue nation. All you have to
    > > > do is listen to their leader. To say that most of the American

    populace
    > > > is not conservative pro-lifers is simply wishful thinking. If that

    were
    > > > the case, they would not have elected that lunatic as their president.

    > > IFYPFY.
    > >
    > > I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    > > the liberal was *too* liberal.
    > >
    > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
    > politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
    > school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
    > religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
    > religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
    > political argument.

    In this country it most surely is and I mean that quite seriously.
    Republican run on hate to win elections. "Vote for me and I'll ban gay
    marriage!" That was their platform in the last election. Last I looked
    marriage was in a lot of trouble but probably due more to the selfishness of
    most people and their unbridled personal ambitions and narcissism than
    anything coming from the gay quarter. And let's not forget what the likes
    of Falwell, Robertson et al had to say about 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.
    Now that is hate.

    I'll repeat, Iran does not hate Jews. Iran hates Israel and Israel's
    genocidal policies toward the Palestinians. It is not a religious thing at
    all. Israel just happens to be full of Jews. They hate the US too,
    politically, but that is not because we are Jews or Christians it is because
    we support what they see as an immoral and destructive country bent on
    exterminating an entire ethnic Arab nation.

    Paul
    Paul M. Cook, Sep 19, 2007
  19. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    > "trijcomm" <> wrote

    I was quite

    impression in

    That was nothing

    populace

    were

    president.

    > > > IFYPFY.
    > > >
    > > > I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    > > > the liberal was *too* liberal.
    > > >
    > > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > > Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
    > > politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
    > > school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
    > > religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
    > > religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
    > > political argument.

    > Again, that has nothing to do with my original assertion, that
    > Iran would be better country to get a foothold in democracy than
    > Iraq. Hell, they're half way there.

    They were all the way there. Muhammad Mussadegh was a democratically
    elected president who ran a democratic government. That is until we had the
    CIA overthrow him in 1953 him and install the Shah, a ruthless tyrant along
    the mold of Hussein. We've stabbed Iran in the back more than once. Is it
    any wonder they think we're hypocrites and untrustworthy? We destroyed
    their only hope for a true democracy and gave them 23 years of a brutal
    dictator because Mussadegh decided to throw out the US oil companies and
    nationalize their oil production. As soon as the Shah was in, the oil
    companies were back in business.

    Paul
    Paul M. Cook, Sep 19, 2007
  20. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 11:43 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <>
    wrote:
    > "trijcomm" <> wrote in message

    > > On Sep 18, 3:08 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > > > "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > was quite

    > impression in

    > was nothing

    > populace

    > were

    > > > IFYPFY.

    > > > I mean, it's simply impossible the conservative got elected because
    > > > the liberal was *too* liberal.

    > > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > > Umm, you don't mean to say that Iranian politics is like American
    > > politics where somebody votes for somebody else because of taxes or
    > > school busing, do you? We are talking about institutionalized
    > > religious hate that is bound and determined to wipe out another
    > > religion by force. That is hardly a "liberal vs. conservative"
    > > political argument.

    > In this country it most surely is and I mean that quite seriously.
    > Republican run on hate to win elections. "Vote for me and I'll ban gay
    > marriage!" That was their platform in the last election. Last I looked
    > marriage was in a lot of trouble but probably due more to the selfishness of
    > most people and their unbridled personal ambitions and narcissism than
    > anything coming from the gay quarter. And let's not forget what the likes
    > of Falwell, Robertson et al had to say about 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.
    > Now that is hate.
    >
    > I'll repeat, Iran does not hate Jews. Iran hates Israel and Israel's
    > genocidal policies toward the Palestinians. It is not a religious thing at
    > all. Israel just happens to be full of Jews. They hate the US too,
    > politically, but that is not because we are Jews or Christians it is because
    > we support what they see as an immoral and destructive country bent on
    > exterminating an entire ethnic Arab nation.
    >
    > Paul- Hide quoted text -

    Banning gay marriage isn't hate. Saying, "Elect me and I'll kill all
    gays" or "Elect me and I'll run all gays out of the country" is hate.
    And I am very amused in regards to how you want us to listen to what
    Falwell and Robertson said about 911 but won't listen to the rest of
    what they say. Very amusing indeed. And I'm also very amused in
    regards to your strange statement where you say, "Iran doesn't hate
    Jews." Um, oh yes they do. They hate Jews and they want to destroy
    them because they don't believe the same way they do. It's not a
    religious thing at all. Yeah right. And it wasn't a religous thing
    when Hitler said it as well. He just didn't like them taking all the
    money, eh? Well, you have good company -- David Duke and Amanijahd.
    I'm sure David Duke doesn't hate Jews either. After all, he and
    Ahmanijahd were trying to put together a nice Bar Mitzvah over there
    during that "seminar" where they claimed the holocaust never existed.
    You sound very, very deluded if you don't believe the Iranians hate
    the Jews. They are the biggest haters on earth today. They'd just as
    soon wipe them off the face of the earth than look at them.
    trijcomm, Sep 19, 2007