    1. Advertising

  2. Jim34

    Pete D Guest

    Pete D, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Jim34

    Mick Brown Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in
    news:46ef9364$0$32457$:

    > "Jim34" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
    >>

    > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government
    > then.

    LOL You could say that about nearly every Govt, including mine :))

    Mick Brown
    Mick Brown, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Jim34

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Sep 18, 2007
  5. "Mick Brown" <> wrote in message

    >> Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their
    >> government then.

    > LOL You could say that about nearly every Govt, including mine :))

    Especially ours. Come next November we're going to "speak to them"
    again.

    --

    Regards,
    Robert L Bass

    =============================>
    Bass Home Electronics
    941-925-8650
    4883 Fallcrest Circle
    Sarasota · Florida · 34233
    http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
    =============================>
    Robert L Bass, Sep 18, 2007
  6. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 3:10 am, Jim34 <> wrote:
    > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

    Hmm ... not one picture from that symposium where Iran said the
    Holocaust never occurred. This little piece of propaganda was pretty
    weak. You could have found similar pictures of Germany in the 30s and
    40s.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  7. Jim34

    T Guest

    In article <46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, says...

    > "Jim34" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
    > >

    > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.

    The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    class.

    Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    even him.

    A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    issues but it's a modern city.

    More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    could see change sooner than later.
    T, Sep 18, 2007
  8. "T" <> wrote

    > > > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
    > > >

    > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.
    > >

    > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > class.
    >
    > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > even him.
    >
    > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > issues but it's a modern city.
    >
    > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > could see change sooner than later.

    Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
    The people want a situation more like Turkey.

    --Tedward
    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 18, 2007
  9. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "T" <> wrote in message
    > In article <46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    > >
    > > "Jim34" <> wrote in message
    > > > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
    > > >

    > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government

    then.

    > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > class.
    >
    > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > even him.
    >
    > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > issues but it's a modern city.
    >
    > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > could see change sooner than later.

    All rational assessments claim that Iran, if they wanted to, could not
    produce a weapon for 5-10 years. And from what the sources who were right
    on Iraq are saying, they do not want to and there is no evidence that they
    are. What they are doing just happens to be legal as they are a signatory
    to the UN Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty. A treaty which Israel and India
    are not signatories yet we give them nuclear technology and now even fuel.
    There is every indication that a peaceful change of government could occur.
    Don't forget that on 9-11 millions of Iranians marched in the streets of
    Tehran with signs saying "we are all Americans today." Great strides had
    been taken by the moderate, pro-western, government they had at the time.
    That was all thrown into the garbage with Bush's "axis of evil" speech.
    Without that speech, quite likely the moderate voices would prevail today.
    As it was all we succeeded in doing was proving that we could not be trusted
    and that is all the radicals needed to regain control.

    War is coming. Of that there is no doubt. Even if the spineless democrats
    wanted to, they'd not be able to stop it. And what will come of it will be
    of global reach and will cause vast pain and misery for a long, long time.

    Paul

    Paul M. Cook, Sep 18, 2007
  10. Jim34

    Janet Guest

    Interesting photos, thanks.

    Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and opposed the
    invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
    interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came out in
    public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie. Not
    the action of a peace activist, hmmm?
    Janet, Sep 18, 2007
  11. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "Janet" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting photos, thanks.
    >
    > Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and opposed the
    > invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
    > interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came out in
    > public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie. Not
    > the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

    Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa was a
    symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a day.
    Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten the job
    done.

    Paul
    Paul M. Cook, Sep 18, 2007
  12. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 12:07 pm, "Paul M. Cook" <>
    wrote:
    > "T" <> wrote in message

    > > In article <46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...

    > > > "Jim34" <> wrote in message

    > > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government

    > then.
    >
    > > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > > class.

    > > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > > even him.

    > > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > > issues but it's a modern city.

    > > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > > could see change sooner than later.

    > All rational assessments claim that Iran, if they wanted to, could not
    > produce a weapon for 5-10 years. And from what the sources who were right
    > on Iraq are saying, they do not want to and there is no evidence that they
    > are. What they are doing just happens to be legal as they are a signatory
    > to the UN Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty. A treaty which Israel and India
    > are not signatories yet we give them nuclear technology and now even fuel.
    > There is every indication that a peaceful change of government could occur.
    > Don't forget that on 9-11 millions of Iranians marched in the streets of
    > Tehran with signs saying "we are all Americans today." Great strides had
    > been taken by the moderate, pro-western, government they had at the time.
    > That was all thrown into the garbage with Bush's "axis of evil" speech.
    > Without that speech, quite likely the moderate voices would prevail today.
    > As it was all we succeeded in doing was proving that we could not be trusted
    > and that is all the radicals needed to regain control.
    >
    > War is coming. Of that there is no doubt. Even if the spineless democrats
    > wanted to, they'd not be able to stop it. And what will come of it will be
    > of global reach and will cause vast pain and misery for a long, long time.
    >
    > Paul

    So you are blaming the hatred of Jews by the Iranians on Bush's
    speech? Come on! A.) "All rational assessments" = all of those you
    agree with since the irrational ones, of course, are the ones with
    much shorter time periods that you would rather not believe. B.)
    Unfortunately, the Iranians themselves are contradicting your
    statements regarding what they have and what their attentions are. I
    know you would rather hide your head in the sand and hope it will all
    go away, but the Iranian leadership has said many, many times that
    they want to get rid of Israel. Their philosophy calls for it and even
    dictates their salvation in an apocalypse scenario. C.) Umm, are you
    saying it's legal for them to make a nuclear bomb? All "rational"
    sources have said they are trying to get one. Why do you think the N.
    Koreans are running around there? For the pleasant scenery? D.) Just
    remember who elected their president in the first place.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  13. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 11:07 am, "Edward M. Kennedy" <> wrote:
    > "T" <> wrote

    > > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.

    > > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > > class.

    > > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > > even him.

    > > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > > issues but it's a modern city.

    > > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > > could see change sooner than later.

    > Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
    > The people want a situation more like Turkey.
    >
    > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    And so they went out and elected who they did as their president. I
    think your statements here are more wishful thinking and hoping than
    anything else -- much like the German sympathizers before WWII.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  14. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    On Sep 18, 10:31 am, T <> wrote:
    > In article <46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    >

    > > "Jim34" <> wrote in message
    > > >http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html

    > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.

    > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > class.
    >
    > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > even him.
    >
    > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > issues but it's a modern city.
    >
    > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > could see change sooner than later.

    Your statement about they ayatollahs and the youth are simply wishful
    thinking. True, the youth may want to wear their hair differently, but
    they hate the Jews just as much as anyone in leadership or else they
    wouldn't have elected those leaders in the first place.
    trijcomm, Sep 18, 2007
  15. "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > > > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > > > class.

    > > > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > > > even him.

    > > > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > > > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > > > issues but it's a modern city.

    > > > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > > > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > > > could see change sooner than later.

    > > Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
    > > The people want a situation more like Turkey.
    > >
    > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > And so they went out and elected who they did as their president. I
    > think your statements here are more wishful thinking and hoping than
    > anything else -- much like the German sympathizers before WWII.

    Do you know a anything about Iran? You probably think they are
    Arabs too.

    Public support for reform is strong -- see the previous president
    who served two terms and was very popular, especially among the
    women and youth. You might as well claim America is a bible
    thumping nation just because we elected Reagan and the Bush clan.

    Or you could read National Geographic's last article on the place.

    There is a significant Islamic law faction, but it isn't so much
    anti-West as anti-Israel and anti-America. Unfortunately they
    got enough power to keep it -- they started keeping reformists
    from running for office in 1994.

    --Tedward
    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 18, 2007
  16. Jim34

    Pete D Guest

    "T" <> wrote in message
    > In article <46ef9364$0$32457$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    >>
    >> "Jim34" <> wrote in message
    >> > http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
    >> >

    >> Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government
    >> then.
    >>

    > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > class.
    >
    > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > even him.
    >
    > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > issues but it's a modern city.
    >
    > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > could see change sooner than later.

    I guess Lebanon is similar in many ways, most people lead a life not that
    far removed from many in the "Western World" but sadly the separation of
    Church and State does not occur.
    Pete D, Sep 18, 2007
  17. Jim34

    T Guest

    In article <fcot48$ci1$>, says...
    > "T" <> wrote

    > > > Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.
    > > >

    > > The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
    > > class.
    > >
    > > Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
    > > even him.
    > >
    > > A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
    > > was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
    > > issues but it's a modern city.
    > >
    > > More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
    > > Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
    > > could see change sooner than later.

    > Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
    > The people want a situation more like Turkey.
    >
    > --Tedward

    The Shah was a CIA backed puppet but a puppet who brutally put down
    dissent in his own country.

    That makes it easy to understand why people likes the lifestyle during
    that time period but hated the Shah.
    T, Sep 18, 2007
  18. Jim34

    T Guest

    In article <fcpb32$k3q$>, says...
    > "trijcomm" <> wrote

    > > > Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
    > > > The people want a situation more like Turkey.
    > > >
    > > > --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

    > > And so they went out and elected who they did as their president. I
    > > think your statements here are more wishful thinking and hoping than
    > > anything else -- much like the German sympathizers before WWII.

    > Do you know a anything about Iran? You probably think they are
    > Arabs too.
    >
    > Public support for reform is strong -- see the previous president
    > who served two terms and was very popular, especially among the
    > women and youth. You might as well claim America is a bible
    > thumping nation just because we elected Reagan and the Bush clan.
    >
    > Or you could read National Geographic's last article on the place.
    >
    > There is a significant Islamic law faction, but it isn't so much
    > anti-West as anti-Israel and anti-America. Unfortunately they
    > got enough power to keep it -- they started keeping reformists
    > from running for office in 1994.
    >
    > --Tedward

    I found the video I had mentioned in an earlier post, it's called Rageh
    in Iran where BBC reporter Rageh Omaar visits. Even gets to kneel down
    and pray with Amahdinejad at the opening of a new tunnel.

    The video is an hour and a half.
    T, Sep 18, 2007
  19. Jim34

    HeyBub Guest

    Pete D wrote:

    > I guess Lebanon is similar in many ways, most people lead a life not
    > that far removed from many in the "Western World" but sadly the
    > separation of Church and State does not occur.

    It does in Lebanon - or used to. The Prime Minister was, by law, a Christian
    and the President a Muslim (or vice-versa, I forget). Lebanon was once the
    Rivera of the Middle East: banking center, vacation spot, high standard of
    living.

    Then the PLO was evicted from Jordan and moved to Lebanon. The country's
    been a basket case ever since.
    HeyBub, Sep 18, 2007
  20. Jim34

    willshak Guest

    on 9/18/2007 5:28 PM HeyBub said the following:
    > Pete D wrote:
    >
    >> I guess Lebanon is similar in many ways, most people lead a life not
    >> that far removed from many in the "Western World" but sadly the
    >> separation of Church and State does not occur.
    >>

    > It does in Lebanon - or used to. The Prime Minister was, by law, a Christian
    > and the President a Muslim (or vice-versa, I forget). Lebanon was once the
    > Rivera of the Middle East: banking center, vacation spot, high standard of
    > living.
    >
    > Then the PLO was evicted from Jordan and moved to Lebanon. The country's
    > been a basket case ever since.

    I was in Beirut a few times when I was in the US Navy in the late 50s.
    It was a beautiful modern looking city, and I walked all over it,
    sometimes alone, and always in uniform. Never had any problem, and most
    times I was ignored. I and two others took a taxi up to Baalbek for a
    visit to the ruins.
    The best time was in September, when we would go ashore, and look at all
    the latest new American cars riding around.
    I spent 26 months over in the Med.
    ..

    --

    Bill