photos from Aussie 2006 F1 GP

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Ben Thomas

    Dave Guest

    Ben,

    Thanks for sharing your images. It looks like the race wasn't a big hit with
    the ladies (grandstand shot).

    Keep up the good work!

    Dave, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Ben Thomas

    ^Temuchin^ Guest

    Ben Thomas wrote:
    > Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >
    > I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix:
    >
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >
    > Enjoy.

    Some great shots Ben, well done

    Mind if i post the link to aus.sport.motor?

    --

    ^T^
    http://temsworld.blogspot.com/

    President Bush was receiving his daily briefing from his defence
    secretary, who concluded: "Three Brazilian soldiers were killed in an
    accident."
    "Oh, no!" exclaimed Bush, who held his head in his hands in a show of
    emotion which startled his staff. Finally the president looked up and
    asked: "Just how many is a brazillion?"
    ^Temuchin^, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Ben Thomas

    Annika1980 Guest

    >Thanks for sharing your images. It looks like the race wasn't a big hit with
    >the ladies (grandstand shot).

    Just another reason NASCAR is better than F1.
    Annika1980, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Ben Thomas

    Frank ess Guest

    Ben Thomas wrote:
    > Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >
    > I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand
    > Prix:
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >
    > Enjoy.

    Thank you, Ben. I did.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Ben Thomas

    Dan--- Guest

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >
    > I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix:
    >
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html

    Cheers Ben!

    What Camra did you use?

    --
    Regards
    Dan
    Dan---, Apr 7, 2006
  7. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    ^Temuchin^ wrote:
    > Ben Thomas wrote:
    >
    >> Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >>
    >> I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand
    >> Prix:
    >>
    >> http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >>
    >> Enjoy.
    >>

    > Some great shots Ben, well done
    >
    > Mind if i post the link to aus.sport.motor?

    I don't mind at all.

    --
    Ben Thomas, Melbourne, Australia

    "Red Bull tastes like canned carbonated concentrated evil."
    Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006
  8. Ben Thomas

    ^Temuchin^ Guest

    Dan--- wrote:
    > "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >>
    >> I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix:
    >>
    >> http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >>

    > Cheers Ben!
    >
    > What Camra did you use?

    Says it at the top of the photo page

    ^Temuchin^, Apr 7, 2006
  9. Ben Thomas

    Dan--- Guest

    "^Temuchin^" <> wrote in message
    > Dan--- wrote:
    >> "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >>>
    >>> I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand
    >>> Prix:
    >>>
    >>> http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >>>

    >> Cheers Ben!
    >>
    >> What Camra did you use?
    >>

    > Says it at the top of the photo page

    Doh!
    I knew reading was not my strong point!
    :)

    --
    Regards
    Dan
    Dan---, Apr 7, 2006
  10. Annika1980 wrote:
    >>Thanks for sharing your images. It looks like the race wasn't a big hit with
    >>the ladies (grandstand shot).

    > Just another reason NASCAR is better than F1.

    Yeah, but those lady have teeth.

    Nice photos. Like to see the one of BAR burning up (again).
    As a JV fan anything bad for BAR is good . LOL

    --
    Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
    California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l
    TheNewsGuy(Mike), Apr 7, 2006
  11. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Dan--- wrote:
    > "^Temuchin^" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Dan--- wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message

    >>>Cheers Ben!
    >>>
    >>>What Camra did you use?
    >>>

    >>Says it at the top of the photo page

    > Doh!
    > I knew reading was not my strong point!
    > :)

    I forgive you Dan, you're a proud member of the V8 knuckledragger club
    afterall. :)

    Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006
  12. Ben Thomas

    Dan--- Guest

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message

    >> Doh!
    >> I knew reading was not my strong point!
    >> :)
    >>

    > I forgive you Dan, you're a proud member of the V8 knuckledragger club
    > afterall. :)

    But am I still a bastard?

    :)
    --
    Regards
    Dan
    Dan---, Apr 7, 2006
  13. Ben Thomas

    rb Guest

    Ben Thomas wrote:
    > Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >
    > I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix:
    >
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >
    > Enjoy.

    Ben, regards the manual f/4 200mm lens. As I understand it, the D-70
    doesn't meter with manual glass, so you are manually setting the
    exposure time??
    Nice pics BTW.
    cheers
    rb
    rb, Apr 7, 2006
  14. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Dan--- wrote:
    > "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>>Doh!
    >>>I knew reading was not my strong point!
    >>>:)
    >>>

    >>I forgive you Dan, you're a proud member of the V8 knuckledragger club
    >>afterall. :)
    >>

    > But am I still a bastard?
    >

    > :)

    Der.

    Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006
  15. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    rb wrote:
    > Ben Thomas wrote:
    >
    >> Hi photography and motorsport fans,
    >>
    >> I have uploaded some photos I took at the Australian Formula 1 Grand
    >> Prix:
    >>
    >> http://users.tpg.com.au/ostyle/06gp/index.html
    >>
    >> Enjoy.
    >>

    > Ben, regards the manual f/4 200mm lens. As I understand it, the D-70
    > doesn't meter with manual glass, so you are manually setting the
    > exposure time??

    Correct. I took bunch of test pics at the shutter speed I wanted to use,
    left the lens on f/4 and set the ISO to achieve the exposure I wanted
    based on the histogram display. It's a bit easier to vary the shutter
    speed though, so when the sun came out from behind the clouds I just
    increased the shutter speed with the thumb wheel without taking my eye
    from the viewfinder.

    Ben Thomas, Apr 7, 2006
  16. Ben Thomas

    D Walford Guest

    D Walford, Apr 7, 2006
  17. Ben Thomas

    Paul-B Guest

    Dan--- wrote:

    > What Camra did you use?

    Are there more than one?

    --
    Paul-B "Mansell was Mansell. We, we are only
    simple mortals" - Eddie Irvine
    Paul-B, Apr 7, 2006
  18. Ben Thomas

    Rusty Gunn Guest

    Hi Ben

    Not bad photos. I was there on the Friday and got some shots. During the
    V8s I managed to get onto the photographers stand on turn 10, check out the
    shots.

    http://www.pbase.com/cherryw/formula_1_grand_prix_2006

    --
    Regards

    Wayne

    (please remove your jacket when replying)

    Rusty Gunn, Apr 7, 2006
  19. Ben Thomas

    Skip M Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >Thanks for sharing your images. It looks like the race wasn't a big hit
    > >with
    >>the ladies (grandstand shot).

    > Just another reason NASCAR is better than F1.

    That's not "another" reason, that's the only reason. And it's the only
    reason to go to a NASCAR race, since the cars are all the same and all they
    do is turn left. And it isn't a good reason to watch the good ol' boys on
    TV, 'cause the networks insist on showing the "racing" rather than the
    scenery. The only time you get to see the girls is on the Busch beer
    commercials.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Apr 7, 2006
  20. On 6 Apr 2006 18:08:52 -0700, "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >>Thanks for sharing your images. It looks like the race wasn't a big hit with
    >>the ladies (grandstand shot).

    >Just another reason NASCAR is better than F1.

    Lots of women NASCAR drivers then? Surely they're not just standing by
    their men!

    joe
    Prefect_Being, Apr 7, 2006