Photos from a D70 & Sigma 18-125 from Great Brak River

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bernard Rother, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. I put this site up mainly for family around South Africa, Australia,
    England and New York.
    I didn't count them but it looks to be around 50 or 60 photos.

    http://home.telkomsa.net/brother/GardenRouteNews/index.htm

    It's not Fine Art and all photos were shot from the hip as and when the
    situations presented themselves.
    I carry my D70 wherever I go and don't really concern myself overly with
    specs and having the latest & greatest. I've just replaced the Sigma
    18-125 with an 18-200 OS HSM. Now that was a huge improvement !
    All were taken in jpg format.

    Of course, comments are welcome .... good or bad.

    Got lots of plans for HDR & NEF in the near future

    Hope you enjoy them.

    Bernard.
    Bernard Rother, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Bernard Rother

    Paul Furman Guest

    Bernard Rother wrote:
    > I put this site up mainly for family around South Africa, Australia,
    > England and New York.
    > I didn't count them but it looks to be around 50 or 60 photos.
    > http://home.telkomsa.net/brother/GardenRouteNews/index.htm
    >
    > It's not Fine Art and all photos were shot from the hip as and when the
    > situations presented themselves.
    > I carry my D70 wherever I go and don't really concern myself overly with
    > specs and having the latest & greatest. I've just replaced the Sigma
    > 18-125 with an 18-200 OS HSM. Now that was a huge improvement !
    > All were taken in jpg format.

    Geeze, lots of car accidents & such!

    ....not a great job but here's your two-headed giraffe:
    http://edgehill.net/temp-/DSC_3456.jpg
    (I think I like it better unedited)

    Paul Furman, Jan 4, 2008

  3. Paul Furman wrote:
    > Bernard Rother wrote:
    >> I put this site up mainly for family around South Africa, Australia,
    >> England and New York.
    >> I didn't count them but it looks to be around 50 or 60 photos.
    >> http://home.telkomsa.net/brother/GardenRouteNews/index.htm
    >>
    >> It's not Fine Art and all photos were shot from the hip as and when
    >> the situations presented themselves.
    >> I carry my D70 wherever I go and don't really concern myself overly
    >> with specs and having the latest & greatest. I've just replaced the
    >> Sigma 18-125 with an 18-200 OS HSM. Now that was a huge improvement !
    >> All were taken in jpg format.

    > Geeze, lots of car accidents & such!
    >
    > ....not a great job but here's your two-headed giraffe:
    > http://edgehill.net/temp-/DSC_3456.jpg
    > (I think I like it better unedited)
    >
    >> Of course, comments are welcome .... good or bad.
    >>
    >> Got lots of plans for HDR & NEF in the near future
    >>
    >> Hope you enjoy them.
    >>
    >> Bernard.

    Hey, that looks cool ! Just so much to learn and so little time. Would
    like to start spending more time when taking photos.

    There's another site I put up with a helicopter crash just before
    Christmas day.

    http://home.telkomsa.net/brother/HeliCrash/index.htm
    Bernard Rother, Jan 4, 2008