Photogs rights "Slim" threat, as in, "thin edge of the wedge??"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Brit politco's need sending to gulags, before they do the same to half
    the population.

    http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...ill_ban_street_pics_update_1_news_296725.html

    'The [Data Protection] regulations will all but ban professional
    photographers from working in public places, with the stipulation that
    a photographer must ask permission of all people who appear in their
    photographs to avoid illegally possessing "personal data",' the group
    claimed in a statement.

    Celine Marchbank, one of the organisers, added: 'Despite the CCTV and
    camera phone-obsessed world we live in, the government will require
    photographers to gain permission from every single person that might
    appear in any shot.'

    However, the ICO insists that its new guidelines, to be published
    before the end of the year, will not outlaw street photography.

    'If you are in a public place and there is a reasonable expectation of
    you being photographed, the likelihood of you breaching the Data
    Protection Act is very, very slim,' an ICO spokeswoman told AP.

    RichA, Apr 9, 2010

  2. RichA

    Martin Brown Guest

    Seymore wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >> Brit politco's need sending to gulags, before they do the same to half
    >> the population.
    >>
    >> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...ill_ban_street_pics_update_1_news_296725.html

    > Sounds like they're going after the paps.

    The ICO is such a senile ineffectual toothless "watchdog" that it
    doesn't matter what edicts it issues. They will never be enforced by
    much more than a slap on the wrist. The UK banks have been caught
    several times putting unshredded personal details into their bins which
    should be a serious prosecutable offence but nothing ever happens.

    Ignore the RichA troll and he will go away.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Apr 10, 2010