    I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics using
    digital cameras.

    Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?

    Zoolander, Sep 19, 2004

  2. "Zoolander" <no > wrote in message
    news:cik53j$4fd$...
    >I have just designed a website for my mum and brother who take pics using
    > digital cameras.
    >
    > Am I allowed to post the website link here for people to comment on ?

    You must be new to the newsgroup. Otherwise, you would know that it is often
    done.

    Marvin Margoshes, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Zoolander

    Zoolander Guest

    Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
    these things so thought i would ask.

    here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
    http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/

    Zoolander, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Just a warning...if its a site for profit its questionable...but not too
    bad. We like to look at photos...either good ones to learn from and
    admire...or bad ones to help us feel superior. If its a site asking for us
    to vote...we will often give it a very low rating out of spite.

    Gene Palmiter, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Zoolander

    Mark B. Guest

    > Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
    > these things so thought i would ask.
    >
    > here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
    > http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/

    That's a commercial site, and is frowned upon when asking for comments about
    a photo. It looks more like you're trying to get traffic to a profit site.
    If you want to get objective comments about a photo, post it on a photo
    hosting site such as pbase or photoshare.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 20, 2004
  6. Zoolander

    Dave Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Zoolander" <no > wrote in message
    > > Hi, yes i am new but i know some websites and newsgroups get funny about
    > > these things so thought i would ask.
    > >
    > > here is the link if anyone would like to comment on the pictures
    > > http://www.grottypicturecompany.co.uk/
    > >

    > That's a commercial site, and is frowned upon when asking for comments

    about
    > a photo. It looks more like you're trying to get traffic to a profit

    site.
    > If you want to get objective comments about a photo, post it on a photo
    > hosting site such as pbase or photoshare.
    >
    > Mark

    Mark,
    I read this thread and your comment, so am checking out pbase and
    photoshare. Here is the challenge, I have found several "photoshare" sites.
    Would you please provide the link to your reference?

    Thanks!

    -- Dave

    Dave, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Zoolander