Photography (Was something about politics)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Sep 4, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 01:22:08 -0700, Gunner Asch <>
    wrote:

    Toyotas and golf groups cut.

    >>>Or perhaps a digital action sports photo?
    >>>
    >>>https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Shooting#5245193791235825954

    >>I took these of some guys who belong to a group that collects and
    >>fires frontier era guns.
    >>
    >>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Cowboy-Action-Shooting/112/651841771_jsuPm-X3.jpg
    >>
    >>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Cowboy-Action-Shooting/117/651842088_CUX8Z-X3.jpg

    >Cowboy action shooting. Ill have to round up some of mine.. and post
    >em.
    >
    >I can tell you arent involved in the shooting sports though..wrong
    >emphasis on the wrong things..but technically they are very good.
    >You can indeed do good work.

    Access was the problem at that place. While visitors were allowed, I
    was kept at a distance. The competition shooting was done in two
    places: inside little fake frontier town storefronts and in an area I
    couldn't get close to behind some other buildings. It was
    understandable since live ammo was used.

    Normally, when shooting photographs, positioning is essential for good
    shots. In most of the shots I took that day, I couldn't move around
    and shoot from several angles as I normally would.

    The competition was combination of accuracy and time...so many shots
    in a time period, and in the pistol competitions the time started
    before the gun was drawn from the holster. They also had a
    competition where the shooter fired a rifle so many times and then
    drew fired his pistol a number of times.

    Like many people involved in hobby groups, winning the competition
    didn't seem to be the big deal. Just participating, and spending the
    day with people of like interests, seemed to be more important.

    You are correct in that I don't have a particular interest in shooting
    sports. Usually, I concentrate on the people involved. What I wanted
    was a photograph of a person shooting a gun, but a photo that showed
    the face and person behind the gun. Character over props. It just
    wasn't possible in that venue.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Sep 4, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    ASCII Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    >What I wanted
    >was a photograph of a person shooting a gun, but a photo that showed
    >the face and person behind the gun.

    A couple of double deuce plinkers
    http://oi51.tinypic.com/rsvm1z.jpg

    ASCII, Sep 4, 2011