    most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    Read This Full Report At:
    http://www.3min-reports.com/top-10-photography-tips.html

    Info Dude, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Info Dude

    Paul Heslop Guest

    --
    Paul (she dreams in color, she dreams in red)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jun 23, 2006

  3. In article <>, Info Dude
    <> wrote:

    > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    >
    > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    I think this jagoff just enjoys seeing his name on the screen.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Info Dude

    Roy G Guest

    "Info Dude" <> wrote in message
    > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    >
    > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    1. Get out of bed in the morning.

    2. Have a good breakfast.

    3. Clean your teeth, or they will all fall out and you won't be able to get
    the wrapper off your next battery pack.

    4. Oh, "F" it. I can't be bothered.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jun 23, 2006
  5. Info Dude

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:

    > In article <>, Info Dude
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    > >
    > > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    > I think this jagoff just enjoys seeing his name on the screen.

    He certainly doesn't give a stuff what anyone thinks of his spam.

    Paul Heslop, Jun 23, 2006
  6. Info Dude

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Roy G wrote:

    > "Info Dude" <> wrote in message
    > > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    > >
    > > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.
    > >

    > 1. Get out of bed in the morning.
    >
    > 2. Have a good breakfast.
    >
    > 3. Clean your teeth, or they will all fall out and you won't be able to get
    > the wrapper off your next battery pack.
    >
    > 4. Oh, "F" it. I can't be bothered.
    >
    > Roy G

    :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Info Dude

    BD Guest

    > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    "Try playing tic tac toe with the subject to get the most interesting
    effect."

    Riiiight. And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Umm... how about
    explaining the 'rule of thirds' and providing a link to an example?

    "turn your camera on it's side."

    Ummm.. If you haven't proofed the article well enough to use the word
    "its" instead of "it's", then it really derails readers who have a
    better grasp of such grammatical subtleties.

    Sarcasm not intentional - if you want to be read as if you're a pro, at
    LEAST make sure there are no blatant mistakes in your presentation.

    Lame article. Too bad.

    BD, Jun 23, 2006
  8. Info Dude

    Sheldon Guest

    "Info Dude" <> wrote in message
    > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    >
    > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.
    >
    > Read This Full Report At:
    > http://www.3min-reports.com/top-10-photography-tips.html

    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like the one
    about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a roll of
    background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits have at least
    one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the background.

    Sheldon, Jun 24, 2006
  9. Sheldon <> wrote:

    : This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like
    : the one about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a
    : roll of background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits
    : have at least one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the
    : background.

    But if an inexperienced photog is carrying around a folding backdrop frame
    and rolls of backdrop material it WOULD reduce the chances of light poles
    growing out of the subject's head. Mostly because if you have to carry all
    that stuff around just to take vacation pictures, photography would very
    quickly lose its allure. :)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Jun 24, 2006
  10. Info Dude

    Dave Devine Guest

    Randall Ainsworth <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Info Dude
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    > >
    > > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.

    > I think this jagoff just enjoys seeing his name on the screen.

    Hey Randall,

    Any ties to Southwestern PA? Didn't think anyone outside that area used
    the term jagoff!

    Dave
    --
    There's a fine line between stupid and clever.

    Dave Devine, Jun 24, 2006
  11. Info Dude

    Alan Browne Guest

    Info Dude wrote:

    > Photography - Top 10 Tips
    >
    > If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
    > can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
    > are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
    > most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.
    >
    > Read This Full Report At:
    > http://www.3min-reports.com/top-10-photography-tips.html

    That is the most poorly written bunch of good advice I've ever seen.

    All the points were quite valid or useful, just very poorly written. As
    a top ten, I'd have a different list.

    For example the "plain background" should really have said "uncluttered"
    or non distracting background or just make sure things aren't growing
    out of people's heads...

    It was a relief that the "rule of thirds" wasn't mentioned. Simply
    getting the subject off centre (in most but not all cases) is good
    advice for anyone whether newbie, amateur or pro.

    Clearly the list is meant for snapshooters who want to improve the look
    of their images and not for people who take photography more seriously.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    -- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Jun 24, 2006
  12. Info Dude

    no_name Guest

    Randy Berbaum wrote:

    > Sheldon <> wrote:
    >
    > : This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like
    > : the one about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a
    > : roll of background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits
    > : have at least one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the
    > : background.
    >
    > But if an inexperienced photog is carrying around a folding backdrop frame
    > and rolls of backdrop material it WOULD reduce the chances of light poles
    > growing out of the subject's head. Mostly because if you have to carry all
    > that stuff around just to take vacation pictures, photography would very
    > quickly lose its allure. :)

    Not to mention a plain background doesn't have to come on a paper roll.
    It could be a painted/plastered wall, uniform vegetation, the sky, ...

    no_name, Jun 29, 2006
  13. Info Dude

    Sheldon Guest

    "no_name" <> wrote in message
    > Randy Berbaum wrote:
    >
    >> Sheldon <> wrote:
    >>
    >> : This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like :
    >> the one about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a :
    >> roll of background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits :
    >> have at least one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the :
    >> background. But if an inexperienced photog is carrying around a folding
    >> backdrop frame and rolls of backdrop material it WOULD reduce the chances
    >> of light poles growing out of the subject's head. Mostly because if you
    >> have to carry all that stuff around just to take vacation pictures,
    >> photography would very quickly lose its allure. :)

    > Not to mention a plain background doesn't have to come on a paper roll. It
    > could be a painted/plastered wall, uniform vegetation, the sky, ...

    Gee. You really think that would work? :) lol Wonder why the guy never
    mentioned it.

    Sheldon, Jun 30, 2006