    Thanks in advance,

    F.

    , Feb 12, 2007

  2. C J Campbell Guest

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:09:23 -0800, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Can anyone recommend a good text for beginner photographers? Digital
    > emphasis preferred. I've acquired a digital SLR (Pentax K100D,) so I'm
    > looking for a course of exercises to help me hone skills and habits.
    >
    > Figure this would be the place to start inasmuch the photography
    > section down at the library has been stripped clean and the local
    > bookstore's shelves are stocked with a preponderance of "digital
    > photography" books about computer programs and image manipulation.
    >
    > Really just looking for a back-to-basics, "from the ground up" course
    > of study.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > F.

    Try "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby or "How to Photograph Your
    Life" by Nick Kelsh. These take a cookbook approach to photography -- you
    want a flower in focus but the background blurred? Kelby's book tells you how
    to do it.

    For a book which approaches photography as a series of concepts, I recommend
    "Masterclass in Photography" by Michael and Julien Busselle. It does not say
    much about the differences between digital or film photography, but instead
    focuses on basic concepts such as composition, color, texture, etc. It is
    also a very beautiful book -- one which will stimulate your creativity.

    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor

    C J Campbell, Feb 12, 2007