    Thanks in advance,

    F.
    , Feb 12, 2007

  2. Lee K Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone recommend a good text for beginner photographers? Digital
    > emphasis preferred. I've acquired a digital SLR (Pentax K100D,) so I'm
    > looking for a course of exercises to help me hone skills and habits.
    >
    > Figure this would be the place to start inasmuch the photography
    > section down at the library has been stripped clean and the local
    > bookstore's shelves are stocked with a preponderance of "digital
    > photography" books about computer programs and image manipulation.
    >
    > Really just looking for a back-to-basics, "from the ground up" course
    > of study.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > F.

    Try these sites:

    http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/lessons/lessons_1-5.html

    http://www.lexar.com/dp/tips_lessons/index.html

    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy_new&article=051106
    Tap into the "Related Articles" in the right column for more info.
    Lee K, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Matt Ion Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good text for beginner photographers? Digital
    > emphasis preferred. I've acquired a digital SLR (Pentax K100D,) so I'm
    > looking for a course of exercises to help me hone skills and habits.
    >
    > Figure this would be the place to start inasmuch the photography
    > section down at the library has been stripped clean and the local
    > bookstore's shelves are stocked with a preponderance of "digital
    > photography" books about computer programs and image manipulation.
    >
    > Really just looking for a back-to-basics, "from the ground up" course
    > of study.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    A friend of mine is just starting to get into photography borrowing my old 35mm
    Canon Rebel. He's going through "The Joy of Photograhpy" and finding it just
    excellent. He says it takes you though a little theory on each aspect it
    covers, then gives you practical examples of how to apply that theory. So far
    he says it's all been about composition; it's not even up to the technical
    aspects of the camera, and he's finding it very useful in that respect. Doesn't
    get much more "ground-up" than that!
    Matt Ion, Feb 12, 2007
  4. sonsdad Guest

    Hi
    You could look at Clive Haynes,Ian Lyons and Russell Brown via Google
    for lots of free info also About.com

    sonsdad, Feb 12, 2007