  1. an anyone recommend an online or "at home study course" for digital
    photography, Especially one that goes heavy into Photoshop?
    Thanks.
    Frank Whitehead, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Google "Russell Brown" for some nice Photo Shop stuff.
    Charles Schuler, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Frank Whitehead

    Steven Wandy Guest

    I am taking the commercial photography course at New York Institute of
    Photography and they just began giving a course in Digital Photography of
    which (from what I saw of the course structure) is over 60% about Photoshop.
    https://www.nyip.com/dpc/

    Steven Wandy, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Frank Whitehead

    zeitgeist Guest

    > an anyone recommend an online or "at home study course" for digital
    > photography, Especially one that goes heavy into Photoshop?
    > Thanks.

    The tutorials that have been most informative to me is Dean Collin's Cinema
    Software photoshop disks, a bit pricy but gets right to the heart of the
    matter for PHOTOGRAPHERS. half the stuff I see was geared for artists who
    might incidentally use a photo, find one you can use on a stock image CD.

    a lot of professional associations have libraries of videos and now CD/DVD
    lessons on photoshop, portraiture, sales and marketing, so you could find
    one, the membership and rental fees are probably less than the cost of a
    segment or two, much less a whole series (dean's whole kit is over $1,000 on
    sale almost always as a package for $500 or so.) local photo assoc, 50-100
    with rental fees about 2-10 bucks.

    zeitgeist, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Frank Whitehead

    Don Stauffer Guest

    If you are near an urban area, check out adult education community
    schools. Many in our area now offer such courses in reasonably priced
    evening schools.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Frank Whitehead

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "Frank Whitehead" <> wrote:

    >an anyone recommend an online or "at home study course" for digital
    >photography, Especially one that goes heavy into Photoshop?

    Photoshop is important. But a good photograph begins with a good
    photograph. Ansel Adams did a lot of reworking in his lab, that's
    true. But his basic photo was well composed, had the detail, said what
    he wanted to say. The lab work brought it out. But you need a good
    starter, as it were, just to begin with. Then you can apply PS.

    As for working with PS, it's not all that difficult. A lot of the
    power of these bitmap imaging editors is in the add-in filters. It
    might be useful to learn how masks are applied to layers, and how to
    edit masks. It might be good to learn about color matching, printwork
    and paper, Pantone, and the like, which is supported by PS. There's
    different methods of selecting parts of the image, attempting to
    remove background from the selection, and so on. But so much of that
    can be answered simply by using groups.google.com, or directing your
    question to the PS ng on Usenet. And I'm sure there are a host of
    web-based boards, as well, not to mention a host of online PS
    tutorials which you could find by google.com under, let's say:
    "Photoshop tutorial".
    Mark Johnson, Feb 26, 2004