    gerald Guest

    i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
    scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?
    gerald, Oct 9, 2006

  2. gerald

    Matt Ion Guest

    gerald wrote:
    > i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
    > scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

    Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.
    Matt Ion, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Matt Ion wrote:
    > gerald wrote:
    >> i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
    >> scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

    > Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

    And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Oct 9, 2006
  4. gerald

    Matt Ion Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >
    >>gerald wrote:
    >>
    >>>i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
    >>>scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

    >>Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

    > And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

    You do if you're going to work here or plan to stay for an extended period.
    Matt Ion, Oct 9, 2006
  5. gerald

    Matt Ion Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Matt Ion wrote:
    >
    >>gerald wrote:
    >>
    >>>i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
    >>>scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

    >>Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

    > And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

    Actually, if you're going to work for and get paid by someone else in Canada
    taking and selling pictures, you MAY need a work visa, but if you're just
    selling the pictures yourself, then no, I don't think you will.

    For a definitive answer, you should contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
    Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ for contact info.
    Matt Ion, Oct 9, 2006
  6. gerald

    gerald Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ for contact info.

    i would be selling the photos myself after i left canada. my primary
    reason for the visit would be to see someone
    gerald, Oct 10, 2006
  7. gerald

    Joan Guest

    Joan, Oct 10, 2006