Photography Experts Wanted - Well those that like to write :)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kevin K, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Kevin K

    Kevin K Guest

    Kevin K, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Kevin K

    Charlie Self Guest

    Kevin K wrote:
    > Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
    > publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your

    free
    > article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

    You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
    Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
    preference for a buck.

    Charlie Self, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Kevin K wrote:

    > Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
    > publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your free
    > article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

    My *free* article?! You mean really free? Like, I don't have to pay you
    *anything* to publish my work? How can I resist?

    Rather easily as it turns out.

    You clearly took the group's criticism of your website seriously and are
    looking to get more interesting content. Shame you still haven't figured
    out the important bit: *you* need to do some hard work in order to build a
    website that will pay you wages.

    --
    The email address used to post is a spam pit. Contact me at
    http://www.derekfountain.org : <a

    Derek Fountain, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Kevin K

    Kevin K Guest

    If the articles are decent I would paypal anyone that wanted to make
    some extra dooh but not the insane number you put on it. 1000 words x
    ..50 = 500 bucks. heck at that rate I think I will do that for a living
    and forget this website. Thanks for the info though.

    Kevin K, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Kevin K

    Charlie Self Guest

    Charlie Self wrote:
    > Kevin K wrote:
    > > Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
    > > publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your

    > free
    > > article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

    > You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more

    > Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
    > preference for a buck.

    Little Kevie didn't like my comment about wanting to get paid for my
    work. I guess he thinks that the world owes him something, because he
    emailed to inform me I was self loathing (for wanting money for work?),
    and would eventually serve him.

    Cheerful tyke, if pitiful.

    Oh, Kev, baby: it's "those who like to write" not "those that like to
    write" unless you're hiring dogs or cats at your slightly substandard
    wages.

    Charlie Self, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Kevin K

    Kevin K Guest

    Please derek can you stop spamming my posts with your link your pr 3
    site with 0 traffic might group my site into a bottom feeder like yours
    thanks.

    Kevin K, Apr 11, 2005
  7. Kevin K

    Guest

    "Charlie Self" <> wrote:

    >Kevin K wrote:
    >> Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
    >> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your

    >free
    >> article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

    >You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
    >Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
    >preference for a buck.

    Do you think he will send you 17 bucks for the response ;)

    Btw, I bought your "Cabinets and Counter Tops books" a few years ago.

    I think he is hoping to find those people that will do for free what
    you can't pay them to do. Generally that describes acts of charity so
    I think he is out of luck.

    Did you get into photography to be able to illustrate your writing
    efforts?

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie

    , Apr 11, 2005
  8. Kevin K

    Steve Guest

    Charlie Self wrote:

    > You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
    > Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word

    You selfish bastard. He wasn't asking for your best work or even your second best
    work. The pay he offers is indicative of the quality he seeks, and he clearly doesn't
    have enough of it to choose from. If everybody here was kind enough to send him half
    a dozen articles, he'd have plenty to choose from. In fact, I'm guessing it would be
    more than he hoped for.

    --
    Steve

    belief that it was intended as a statement of fact.

    If you want a reply to reach me, remove the SPAMTRAP from the address.

    Steve, Apr 11, 2005
  9. Kevin K

    Hannah Guest

    "Kevin K" <> wrote in message
    > publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your free
    > article

    Submit my free article? Gee, wow, you mean I don't have to pay you???
    How marvellous. What a novel idea.
    H.

    Hannah, Apr 11, 2005
  10. Kevin K

    Charlie Self Guest

    wrote:
    > "Charlie Self" <> wrote:
    >

    > >Kevin K wrote:
    > >> Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
    > >> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your

    > >free
    > >> article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

    > >You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more

    > >Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
    > >preference for a buck.

    > Do you think he will send you 17 bucks for the response ;)
    >
    > Btw, I bought your "Cabinets and Counter Tops books" a few years ago.
    >
    > I think he is hoping to find those people that will do for free what
    > you can't pay them to do. Generally that describes acts of charity

    so
    > I think he is out of luck.
    >
    > Did you get into photography to be able to illustrate your writing
    > efforts?
    >
    > Wes

    Primarily. At the time I was writing mostly about motorcycles and the
    entry of motocross into the U.S. A helluva long time ago. I haven't
    written anything much about motorcycles in 25 years!

    Charlie Self, Apr 11, 2005
  11. Kevin K

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:22:33 GMT, Steve <>
    wrote:

    >Charlie Self wrote:
    >
    >> You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
    >> Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word

    >You selfish bastard. He wasn't asking for your best work or even your second best
    >work. The pay he offers is indicative of the quality he seeks, and he clearly doesn't
    >have enough of it to choose from. If everybody here was kind enough to send him half
    >a dozen articles, he'd have plenty to choose from. In fact, I'm guessing it would be
    >more than he hoped for.

    It would certainly be more than he deserved.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Apr 12, 2005
  12. Kevin K

    Big Bill Guest

    On 11 Apr 2005 12:06:30 -0700, "Kevin K" <>
    wrote:

    >Please derek can you stop spamming my posts with your link your pr 3
    >site with 0 traffic might group my site into a bottom feeder like yours
    >thanks.

    I'd really be nterested in hearing how you think he spammed your post.
    Could you explain the mechanics of this?

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Apr 12, 2005
  13. Kevin K

    Steve Guest

    Big Bill wrote:

    > It would certainly be more than he deserved.

    Only if we submit good stuff.

    Steve, Apr 13, 2005