Photographs of Yosemite 2006

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ned.sudduth@gmail.com, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 29, 2006

  2. k-man Guest

    Thanks for sharing them. I like the one at the bottom, entitled "Half
    Dome Photo with Snow and Clouds."

    Kevin
    k-man, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >
    > http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

    It looks to me like we were likely shooting half-dome on the same day...
    I shot this one on April 8th...just before the sun dipped below the
    cliffs/mountain behind me:
    Bigger:

    Was your shot captured on the 8th?
    Looks like you shot yours perhaps shortly after I did...when the sun had
    dipped a bit more.

    I likely saw you standing in a field somewhere.
    :)
    -Mark²
    Mark², Apr 29, 2006
  4. aaJoe Guest

    > water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    > http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

    Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
    He's just.....right there! Gotta remember that depth of field with a
    wide angle shot for a portrait with a difference!

    The detail is obviously a far cry from the original. I wonder what kind
    of sacrifice you have to make to get them from the camera to the 1024 x
    683 web size?
    aaJoe, Apr 29, 2006
  5. JimmyG Guest

    Touché!

    --
    Jimmy
    JimmyG, Apr 29, 2006
  6. Stacey Guest

    aaJoe wrote:

    >> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

    > Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
    > He's just.....right there!

    Yep, that's the only one I liked (it -is- a good one..) , the rest have been
    shot a ZILLION times at least and too many of these were either blown
    highlights or poor color saturation etc.

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Apr 29, 2006
  7. Helen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >
    > http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

    I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
    visit.

    But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
    posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
    all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
    pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
    properly.

    Helen
    Helen, Apr 29, 2006
  8. Stacey wrote:
    > aaJoe wrote:
    >
    >>> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >>> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/

    >> Great composition - the kid with the red sunglasses......very dynamic!
    >> He's just.....right there!

    > Yep, that's the only one I liked (it -is- a good one..) , the rest have been
    > shot a ZILLION times at least and too many of these were either blown
    > highlights or poor color saturation etc.

    Jeez, Stacey, you're a tough critic. Of course some of the Yosemite
    shots have been shot millions of times; it's the seminal view and every
    photog ought to have a go. This is a good set.

    If they'd been processed differently, you'd say they were over saturated
    and there was no shadow detail.

    Oy!

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 29, 2006
  9. Helen wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >>
    >> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/
    >>

    > I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
    > visit.
    >
    > But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
    > posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
    > all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
    > pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
    > properly.

    It's also broken in Safari, and Firefox. My laptop has a wide screen so
    I was still able to view the pictures fine, but they overlap the text.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 29, 2006
  10. Paul Allen Guest

    Helen wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> water falls, snow, half dome, you name it
    >>
    >> http://photography-by-ned.blogspot.com/
    >>

    > I like the pics, and I'm jealous, because it's a place I really want to
    > visit.
    >
    > But your site is badly broken in Mozilla. In IE the thumbnails, previous
    > posts, bit about the 20D, etc, all appear after the big pics, but in Firefox
    > all that stuff is at top right and partly obscured by the first two bigger
    > pictures. I had to dust off IE, which I hate and fear, to see things
    > properly.

    Same here. I've not said anything because everybody was saying
    such nice things about the images. In Firefox 1.5.0.1, it's not
    obvious how you're supposed to navigate, text overlays images, some
    text overlays other text, etc. Really pretty bad. (Not the pictures,
    the web site.)

    Paul Allen
    Paul Allen, Apr 29, 2006