    direct sunlight ?

    Many thanks,
    Mick.
    Mick Breen, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Mick Breen

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:51:09 +1000, Mick Breen wrote:

    > My sister has just finished our complete family history with cuttings,
    > photos and writing in a large photo album (too big to scan) and I want to
    > photograph every page and burn to a CD for safe keeping. I have a
    > Panasonic FZ5 (One day old!) and was wondering the best settings for the
    > camera and also whether to use flash or natural light ............ shade or
    > direct sunlight ?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Mick.

    Go to your local library and get a book on photography that has a decent
    section on copying. That will give you the info. you need.
    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply
    Neil Ellwood, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Mick Breen

    Bob Williams Guest

    Mick Breen wrote:
    > My sister has just finished our complete family history with cuttings,
    > photos and writing in a large photo album (too big to scan) and I want to
    > photograph every page and burn to a CD for safe keeping. I have a
    > Panasonic FZ5 (One day old!) and was wondering the best settings for the
    > camera and also whether to use flash or natural light ............ shade or
    > direct sunlight ?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Mick.

    Take your exposure readings off of an 18% Gray Card or use an incident
    light meter.
    Don't use the camera's flash. It will likely create a bright spot in the
    center of the picture.
    I would recommend sunlight on a CLOUDY (no shadows) day if possible.
    Direct Sunlite is OK if your camera does not throw a shadow on the book.
    Shade may be OK too but the images may be a bit blue.
    No Problem if you have an Image Editor.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Jul 18, 2005