Photograph Career....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by davies, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. davies

    davies Guest

    Hi,

    I want to start looking in to developing a career in Photography, at the
    moment I have an Olympus 3030z and I'm now looking to get a Digital SLR
    Camera.

    I need help getting started and getting the right Camera and gear. I want a
    camera thats going to be good for Portraits in a studio environment and also
    for outside. So a good all rounder.

    The Cameras I'm looking at buying are...

    Canon 10D (does the business)
    Canon 300D (cheap good rateings)
    Canon 60D (the old 10D?)

    Nikon D70 (New camera coming out and better ratings then the 300D)

    I know out of the 4 cameras, the 10D is going to be the best but its also
    the most expensive and I'm wondering if the other cameras I've list well
    take professional shots that I need to do the job.

    Please give your views and good pointers on which one I should buy.

    Thanks in Advance.

    davies, Feb 26, 2004

  2. davies

    Bryce Guest

    You should get the 10D because it has that really cool dof button.

    Bryce, Feb 26, 2004

  3. > You should get the 10D because it has that really cool dof button.

    HEY! I thought I was the asshole.

    Randall Ainsworth, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Hi Bryce,

    I may be wrong but if I recall correctly, they all have the DoF preview
    button, as they are based on the film varients, being EOS300; EOS 30E;
    though not sure of the D70 as its new to me but I am sure it will have one
    as it is a pretty well specified camera.

    As to the original query, yes the 10D is 1st choice, but it may be best to
    hold off for the D70, first to see how good it is and second, it will no
    doubt make the 10D drop in price and no doubt Canon will launch another
    model to compete with the new Nikon pretty soon.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Feb 26, 2004
  5. davies

    Bryce Guest

    Well, I got my butt kicked (well, attempted anyways) for asking about the
    god damn dof button. I've since realized I don't need it. Tongue in cheek,
    hoping that asswhore of mine () might be reeled in on
    it. (not original poster
    mind you). I just think he should get a 10D because it feels good in the
    hands - easily worth the money.

    Bryce, Feb 26, 2004
  6. davies

    leo Guest

    "Stephen Leslie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Bryce,
    >
    > I may be wrong but if I recall correctly, they all have the DoF preview
    > button, as they are based on the film varients, being EOS300; EOS 30E;
    > though not sure of the D70 as its new to me but I am sure it will have one
    > as it is a pretty well specified camera.
    >
    > As to the original query, yes the 10D is 1st choice, but it may be best to
    > hold off for the D70, first to see how good it is and second, it will no
    > doubt make the 10D drop in price and no doubt Canon will launch another
    > model to compete with the new Nikon pretty soon.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Stephen

    D70 doesn't compete with 10D. The price of 10D would price when D100 does.

    leo, Feb 26, 2004
  7. davies

    Hans Kruse Guest

    300D has that button also.
    --Hans

    Hans Kruse, Feb 27, 2004
  8. In article <c1l8co$1kb9is$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to start looking in to developing a career in Photography, at the
    > moment I have an Olympus 3030z and I'm now looking to get a Digital SLR
    > Camera.
    >
    > I need help getting started and getting the right Camera and gear. I want a
    > camera thats going to be good for Portraits in a studio environment and also
    > for outside. So a good all rounder.

    If you want to develop a career in photography what kind of camera
    you get matters less than what kind of clients you get. Concentrate your
    attention of communicating with customers.

    two basic principles apply;

    1. The modest camera that you know cold is better than the
    top of the line camera you haven't yet learned how to use.
    2. The cheapo you have with you when you need a camera is
    better than the expensive one that's back in your hotel room.

    What paying clients think is a great photo often has very little
    to do with what techno-specification geeks think is a great camera. You
    will outgrow or outlast your Oly 3030z, but try to build a profitable
    operation before that. When your gross revenue is 12 times the cost of
    your Oly 3030z you can upgrade it.

    nppa #22026

    William Mutch, Feb 27, 2004