    photogenic areas of the State?

    Thanks,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Apr 13, 2010

  2. Dudley Hanks

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <otOwn.1470$z%6.181@edtnps83>, Dudley Hanks
    <> wrote:

    > Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    > photogenic areas of the State?

    Multnomah Falls if you're going through the Gorge...Haystack Rock at
    Cannon Beach on the coast...it's a big state and lots to see.
    Mr. Strat, Apr 13, 2010

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    > On 2010-04-12 16:59:16 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    >> photogenic areas of the State?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dudley

    > That depends on just where your trip will take you in the State, so here
    > are a few ideas;
    >
    > There is Mt. Hood & the Columbia River Gorge, not too far from Portland.
    > Consider a boat trip up the Columbia.
    >
    > A coastal road trip from Astoria down Hwy 101 for a visit at the Oregon
    > Coast Aquarium in Newport
    > http://www.aquarium.org/
    > On the way there, stop in at the Tillamook Creamery for a tour and a
    > little cheese.
    > http://www.tillamookcheese.com/
    >
    > Head a little further down to Coos Bay, then turn East and head to Crater
    > Lake National Park.
    > http://www.nps.gov/crla/index.htm
    >
    > ...and if you have time hunt down Bill Graham for a meaningful
    > conversation.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Thanks, SD, for the recommendations.

    We haven't decided exactly what places will stop at during the trip. The
    only given is that we'd like to swing by Boring and give the kids a tour of
    the GDB campus (where I trained with my previous guide, Dima).

    I've heard there's a place called Cannon Beach that photographs well. So
    we'll probably take it in as we make our way down the coast.

    If I'm not mistaken, Mount Hood isn't all that far from Boring, so it will
    likely make the itinerary.

    As for chilling with Bill, I'm game if he is (and we end up in his stomping
    ground) ... :)

    Once again, thanks for the recommendations.

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Apr 13, 2010
  4. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <otOwn.1470$z%6.181@edtnps83>, Dudley Hanks
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    >> photogenic areas of the State?

    > Multnomah Falls if you're going through the Gorge...Haystack Rock at
    > Cannon Beach on the coast...it's a big state and lots to see.

    Yeah, Cannon Beach comes highly recommended by a friend, so we'll look for
    Haystack Rock when we get there.

    According to Jim, the beaches of Oregon are hard to beat -- even if you go
    to Hawaii ...

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Apr 13, 2010
  5. Dudley Hanks

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "Pat" <> wrote:

    >"Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    >> photogenic areas of the State?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dudley
    >>

    >Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state.

    Pennsylvania holds that honor. Vermont has the most per square mile.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 14, 2010
  6. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message

    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >> Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    >> photogenic areas of the State?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dudley
    >>

    > Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state. Mostly
    > located between Salem and Eugene.
    > Silver Falls Park east of Salem is a great hike with many waterfalls.
    > Near Multnomah Falls there is a chunk of old highway with some great
    > waterfalls and hikes.
    > Oregon has a wonderfully scenic coast with a major highway running full
    > length. Many lighthouses.
    > The redwoods near the California border.
    > Oregon Caves.
    > Crater Lake is wonderful on a clear day.
    > Portland is very scenic with two major rivers running thru it. Great zoo.
    > Plenty of wildlife to photograph. There is a state park on the north end
    > of Canon beach that is great for eagles.

    Thanks, Pat, appreciate the info a lot.

    My wife really likes covered bridges, so we'll definitely have to check
    those out.

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Apr 14, 2010
  7. Dudley Hanks

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "Pat" <> wrote:
    :
    : "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    : news:eek:tOwn.1470$z%6.181@edtnps83...
    : > Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    : > photogenic areas of the State?
    : >
    : > Thanks,
    : > Dudley
    :
    : Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state. Mostly
    : located between Salem and Eugene.
    : Silver Falls Park east of Salem is a great hike with many waterfalls.
    : Near Multnomah Falls there is a chunk of old highway with some great
    : waterfalls and hikes.
    : Oregon has a wonderfully scenic coast with a major highway running full
    : length. Many lighthouses.
    : The redwoods near the California border.
    : Oregon Caves.
    : Crater Lake is wonderful on a clear day.
    : Portland is very scenic with two major rivers running thru it. Great zoo.
    : Plenty of wildlife to photograph. There is a state park on the north end
    : of Canon beach that is great for eagles.

    Like many western states, Oregon is a land of contrasts. The eastern third is
    mostly desert - quite a surprise if all you've seen are the areas near the
    coast.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Apr 19, 2010
  8. Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "Pat" <> wrote:
    > :
    > : "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    > : news:eek:tOwn.1470$z%6.181@edtnps83...
    > : > Will be visiting Oregon this summer. Wondering if anybody has tips as to
    > : > photogenic areas of the State?
    > : >
    > : > Thanks,
    > : > Dudley
    > :
    > : Oregon probably has more covered bridges then any other state. Mostly
    > : located between Salem and Eugene.
    > : Silver Falls Park east of Salem is a great hike with many waterfalls.
    > : Near Multnomah Falls there is a chunk of old highway with some great
    > : waterfalls and hikes.
    > : Oregon has a wonderfully scenic coast with a major highway running full
    > : length. Many lighthouses.
    > : The redwoods near the California border.
    > : Oregon Caves.
    > : Crater Lake is wonderful on a clear day.
    > : Portland is very scenic with two major rivers running thru it. Great zoo.
    > : Plenty of wildlife to photograph. There is a state park on the north end
    > : of Canon beach that is great for eagles.
    >
    > Like many western states, Oregon is a land of contrasts. The eastern third is
    > mostly desert - quite a surprise if all you've seen are the areas near the
    > coast.

    Another thing that struck me was the extent of black lava flows- meaning
    quite recently geologically speaking- great esp. if you want a natural
    black matte surround.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 19, 2010