    how to restore my program.

    John in NC

    , Sep 18, 2003

  2. Savidge4 Guest

    >When I bought my Kodak DC40 camera back in the mid 1990s it was
    >bundled with PhotoEnhancer software version 2.1 for Windows. My PC
    >crashed and I replaced it and updated to Windows 2000. I tried to
    >reload my PhotoEnhancer software but the SETUP on Disk #1 of 2 cannot
    >be read with my disk drive. I tried to read it on another PC without
    >any luck. Can anyone help me replace this bad disk? I understand
    >that there is nolonger any support for this software. Would it be
    >possible to zip a copy of this disk to me or give me some advice on
    >how to restore my program.
    >
    >John in NC

    I might suggest trying the current version of Kodaks easy share software and
    see if your camera is supported.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln00007rInstructions.jhtml

    it cant hurt to try it!

    Savidge4, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings John,

    The issue is not with the CD but the fact that the software (a third party
    feature and option that was offered) is not compatible with your operating
    system. If you want that software or the latest version of software, you
    can get it from the Kodak website. What you cannot do, is install it to
    your Windows 2000 operating system.

    Please visit the following webpage for details on what remains available for
    your system. At the same time, I suggest you go to later site for details
    on what remains to be offered for Photoenhancer.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dc40

    http://www.photoenhancer.com

    After you have tried these resources and you have questions, let me know and
    I will try to help further.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Sep 22, 2003
  4. rz22g

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I know this thread is old but its one of the few I can find about this topic.

    The DC40 was my first digital camera back in the mid 90's. I still it and the cable and the camera is operational. I also purchased a USB to Serial adapter and when plugged into my Windows 7 machine you can hear the camera activate as it normally did on older systems.

    The issue is I cannot find a way to get the files off the camera. Even I do that I am not sure that I would be able to open them due to their format but first things first.. I need them off the camera on my Windows 7 machine.

    Any help appreciated.

    rz22g, Apr 13, 2011
  5. Sccoby63

    Joined: