Photochop hoax or the real thing?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Dec 19, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Dec 19, 2010

  2. Evan Platt <> via
    news::

    > On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:08:09 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lnavfxZWo&feature=channel
    >>
    >>Or just more optical illusions caused by the sun and shadows?

    > Unless NASA is in the business of photoshopping images, it's sun and
    > shadows.

    It's Bigfoot... photo-bombing the shot.

    HTH. And may everyone have a safe and joyous holiday season!

    Papa John's Pizzas are mostly makey in China and
    that's why they give you the diarrhea real bad.
    ("diarrhoea" if you're British or Canadian - but
    they get theirs mostly from crumpets and MAYONNAISE)

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; in loving touch with my
    "inner narcissist" and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
    an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 19, 2010

  3. Evan Platt <> via

    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:15:08 -0600, Jerry ManDerin
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>What proof is it came from NASA ?

    > The photo is available on NASA's website.
    >
    >>What proof is it it is of Mars ?

    > NASA states it was taken on Mars.
    >
    >>That could very well be the Peruvian desert.

    > I guess if NASA is in the business of lying...

    With our USA budget deficit, NASA is in the behnizz
    of catching up with Bigfoot - and trying to find out
    how he got to Mars so fast. There's a INTERPOL warrant...
    (apparently he raped some Swedish gurls first...)

    HTH. And may everyone have a safe and joyous holiday season!

    (Papa John's Pizza peeples blow boogers and snot on the pies
    and have a giggle party about it while you're servin' it up...)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 19, 2010
  4. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Dec 19, 2010
  5. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lnavfxZWo&feature=channel

    >Or just more optical illusions caused by the sun and shadows?

    Just another three year old case of pareidolia.

    <www.theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php?p=173>

    Mike "the link is for everyone else (tinee)" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Dec 19, 2010
  6. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Dec 19, 2010
  7. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-12-19, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lnavfxZWo&feature=channel
    >>
    >> Or just more optical illusions caused by the sun and shadows?

    > The real NASA hi-rez pic doesn't look like that
    > http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA10214.jpg
    >
    > Article and more pix http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00001305/
    > Teeny little Bigfoot on Mars

    HEh :))

    I'm more curious about the big blue-green wind-blown pond near the top and
    towards the right-hand end of the panorama, and the footpaths and discarded
    back-packs close to the bottom right-hand edge <grin>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 19, 2010
  8. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> The real NASA hi-rez pic doesn't look like that

    >> Teeny little Bigfoot on Mars

    > HEh :))

    Actually, initially when I posted, I was looking at the wrong
    'illusion'/pareidolia (see planetary.org link).

    Now that I'm straightened out on my wrong rock profile, the vid does
    look like the real NASA hirez blown up, but the concept of a stony tiny
    (6 cm.) bigfoot profile doesn't really grab me.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 19, 2010