    Has anyone heard of this problem before?

    Help!!

    Mary
    Its cattank, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Its cattank

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, cattank@webtv.
    net says...

    >Hi.
    >
    >I have a digital camera, a Canon A60 Powershot. Have had no trouble
    >with it till just a little bit ago. I've had it since May this year as
    >a gift.
    >
    >the pictures look fine in the camera, but then when I go to photobucket
    >to put them in, or my page builder, I get a green funny line about 1
    >quarter down the screen and the picture is broken. The bottom of the
    >picture being on the top.
    >
    >Has anyone heard of this problem before?
    >
    >Help!!
    >
    >Mary

    Mary,

    If the images are JPG, that usually indicates that the file is corrupt.
    Another, similar problem is an offset between the upper and lower sections of
    the image (not necessarily at 50%, or thirds - it can vary), where the image
    segments are of a different exposure, or color.

    There are some image recovery programs for JPG, but I have no experience using
    them, or any URL's. In the few cases, that I've encounted corruption on images
    that had worth, I've just taken them in to Photoshop and repaired them -
    sometimes with a lot of effort. Might want to Google JPG corruption repair
    utilities, or look at www.tucows.com.

    As to what caused this, I'd look first at fragmentation on your HDD, as a
    possible cause.

    You might also want to try opening the file in another application, as some
    are less critical of corrupt files.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Its cattank

    Drifter Guest

    On 12 Sep 2004 23:03:39 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

    >In article <>, cattank@webtv.
    >net says...
    >>
    >>Hi.
    >>
    >>I have a digital camera, a Canon A60 Powershot. Have had no trouble
    >>with it till just a little bit ago. I've had it since May this year as
    >>a gift.
    >>
    >>the pictures look fine in the camera, but then when I go to photobucket
    >>to put them in, or my page builder, I get a green funny line about 1
    >>quarter down the screen and the picture is broken. The bottom of the
    >>picture being on the top.
    >>
    >>Has anyone heard of this problem before?
    >>
    >>Help!!
    >>
    >>Mary

    >Mary,
    >
    >If the images are JPG, that usually indicates that the file is corrupt.
    >Another, similar problem is an offset between the upper and lower sections of
    >the image (not necessarily at 50%, or thirds - it can vary), where the image
    >segments are of a different exposure, or color.
    >
    >There are some image recovery programs for JPG, but I have no experience using
    >them, or any URL's. In the few cases, that I've encounted corruption on images
    >that had worth, I've just taken them in to Photoshop and repaired them -
    >sometimes with a lot of effort. Might want to Google JPG corruption repair
    >utilities, or look at www.tucows.com.
    >
    >As to what caused this, I'd look first at fragmentation on your HDD, as a
    >possible cause.
    >
    >You might also want to try opening the file in another application, as some
    >are less critical of corrupt files.
    >
    >Hunt

    In addition I would format your card and/or try a different card in
    the camera.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Sep 13, 2004